1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Pocketz Sketches

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Pocketz, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

They look great. :D
  2. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you!

Moar chibis!!

[​IMG]
    Siflay, ruff_ethereal, Dysp and 3 others like this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Not into chibis but the draken has Hinata hair. I haz crush. :inlove:
  4. Pocketz

Hah, I'm glad you liked something!!

Front page updated with commission info, just case someones interested. Woooopp!
  5. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Damn you Pocketz, I was watching you draw the draken chibi and chatting with ya as you were doing it and it just looked like too much fun, now I've gone and bought a Wacom intuos tablet to try learn a bit myself.
  6. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Those facial expressions, they are fantastic. I love how all three gals have their respective species personality down pat.

I love that Mordesh girl's hair! The side sweep with the skull clip is fantastic, and the shaved side with the Vitalus tubes was an excellent touch. Fashionable asymmetry indeed!

Great work on her eyes. I love the Mordesh pupil-less, robotic/Vitalus filled optics, and her eyebrows and unamused look are hilarious and adorable.

Lovely nose.

Hahahah, that pout. I love the bit of chin under her lips; very nice detail that adds greatly to the expression.

Very interesting facial-markings/piercings; I love how the ones on her cheek attach to her ear, and the resemblance to freckles gets plus points due to personal bias. I adore me some freckles.

Oh, Eldan above, that outfit. I love the belt, the narrow waist, and the little flower attached. The asymmetry with her one leg being modified is awesome, by the way. The little pointy limbs are also adorable.

I'll get to the others at some later date. Thanks again, Pocketz!
  7. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I so much love these Chibis, especially Ruby and the Draken.

If it isn't too much to ask, would you be able to draw me a character concept? Just a little female Mechari chibi cuteness, you know. Let me know if you might do that.~
    I'd even be willing to send a little monetary lubrication your way if you like.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

WHAT BRIBEROUS BEHAVIOR!!! ABSOLUTELY SCANDALOUS!!!
  9. ruff_ethereal

10. Vermana

I see! Thanks for the little link, I didn't quite notice that.

But... Seeing that, I'm not sure I can do it anymore. Sweden must be extremely well off, because from what I've seen with all the artists I've commissioned in the past, $39 USD for an uncolored unlined chibi sketch is a looooot of monies.
    I don't mean any offense to Pocketz, but I think he/she'd get a lot more if she tuned it down to like $20 USD for a detailed sketch. I'd normally pay $70~$100 or so for a full-bodied, non-chibi, detailed, colored character, so paying half of that for a chibi sketch without lines seems like a little much.

If Pocketz wants to take my monies anyway that's fine with me! But I just can't do that much for a Chibi without lines or colors. D:
  11. Pocketz

Woha, Hello comments!

I've been waiting for this type of a comment, there is no offence taken. I over shot my prices on some pieces for a reason. The minimum wage in Sweden is around 90-100 SEK/h (13 - 15 USD/H) it takes me around 2-3h to draw a fully detailed chibi, probably closer to 2h if i'm in the zone. which would put the price around 200-300 SEK, which in USD is around 30 -40 bucks.

Ever since the financial crisis the USD has deteriorated, back in the day 100 SEK would be 10 USD.
    However, if you put your thinking hats on, you will realize that I have priced my pieces on the higher end of the minimum wage scale.

Which is why I need comments like yours Vermana, to tell me whats up! I'm aware that there are a lot of artists who charge way less than me, with even more experience in art then I. But there are even more artists that scream "stop under pricing and undercutting your fellow artists"!

However, let's be sensible. I checked what 20 USD is for me, it's 130 SEK. So how about we go sorta half way? I'm willing to reprice the Chibi sketches, to 20 USD for a Plain and 25 for a Detailed. Does that sound fairer?

Mind you that I may change these prices in the future as well as I get a better flow in this.

TL; DR,
    Prices are a subject to change and discussion as currencies have different values. But through discussion and understanding we can find a middle ground.

@ Ruff LOVE Your comments, cant wait for the rest :inlove:
  12. ruff_ethereal

"Are you KIDDING ME?! I am a Draken Huntress. You can't treat me like this! I demand to see your lord at once!"

That is the vibe I get from that Draken, and it is absolutely hilarious and totally adorable.

I love her extremely pissed face. Very nice work with her eyebrows; super expressive and fun, and those tiny slit pupils are both Draken-y and get her mood across spectacularly. Her mouth open in rage and all those fangs are positively adorable, by the way.

I love how her arms are posed. The "Y U NO?!" arms are great fun, as they usually show an angry character getting seriously pissed or a calm character finally losing their <REDACTED>. Great fun.

I notice she has tinier boobs than usual. I find it's appropriate because it's a Chibi, but it still bothers me for some reason.I think I have been looking at far too many regularly proportioned female Draken. Just getting it out there.

Dat detail on her outfit. I love the attention to the straps and her padding, most especially with her thigh and shin-guards. The spikes are well done.

Her hair is excellent. While I'm usually not a fan of hairstyles using bangs in that fashion, I'll make an exception for this one.

That rock looks like a ball of yarn. I cannot get the image of her playing around with a ball of yarn out of my head, and I don't think I want to.

Will get to Ruby later. Thanks for the cute, Pocketz.
    Pocketz likes this.
  13. Pocketz

Haha, thank you so much. I really enjoy reading these :inlove:

Also, it is a ball of yarn ;D
  14. Vermana

I loved the Draken too, she's stepping on yarn like it's somebody's head. It looks like she's doing some sort of battlecry after defeating a yarn monster.

Since you're an awesome WildStar-loving artist and I'm looking for concept work which not everybody likes doing, I'd be fine with $25, that seems more than fair.

I shall PM you with details and references and you can let me know if you still want to do it. ;o
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Did not notice ball of yarn ROFLz.
  16. atom

atom Cupcake-About-Town

How much for highly detailed Chua on Chua Hentai?
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  17. Pocketz

Hello Atom!

Your request reeks of trollage, but if you do want Art;

Here is my commission info, and if you have any questions after reading that, please contact me through PM's here or via my email Xethra@gmail.com

Thank you!

Ball of yaaarn makes lions raaageeee
  18. Pocketz

After watching the esper video I had to draw this!!

[​IMG]
  19. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Beautiful as usual. I notice I say as usual a lot when it comes to your work. :). Consistently good!
  20. Vermana

Looking good~