1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Pokemon X And Y are out Anybody want to be friends Safari

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by EpicBubble, Oct 19, 2013.

1. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

So in the latest pokemon after beating the elite 4 you unlock a pokemon safari zone featuring different pokemon each subzone is based on each friend you have on your 3ds the more friends the more different types of pokemon

So Yeah if you want to add me its

MII Name Number
    EpicBubble 1650- 2280 -5248

Don't forget to post your number as well need to each have each others code
    D3athcr33ps likes this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I haven't begun my games yet and I'm taking my time at it. I'll probably try to add people I know better first but down the line maybe I can add you. :)
  3. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Added! I have Y, btw.

Revon 3110-5156-3488
    D3athcr33ps likes this.
  4. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Hey Revon I added you back.

You got pontya and pyroar in your Safari, oh and a fletchinder in your third spot.
  5. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

2337-4273-2339 I'll add everyone in this group
  6. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Cheers!
    You have a Floatzel, Bibarel and Frogadier in yours.
  7. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

Added you 2337-4273-2339 if you would like to add back
  8. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Well...I'll just use this thread for a shameless and short review.

A great game...But it felt so short. I only played 33 hours and considering I levelled, explored everything AND got the legendary Z thingy...That's not much. I played a lot longer on every other version and the Top 4 and Champion really didn't feel special.

There wasn't a lot of build up.

The story - without spoiling it - felt a little forced as it was kind of pushed in there but it was a nice touch.

Graphics are really nice but what really got me was the amazing OST. Reminds me of RO and FF games.

Gameplay...It's pokemon, duh.

All in all a great game but after you're done...There's not much to do. I could add about 100 people just for friend safari catching all pokemon...But that just doesn't concern me to be honest.

The matchmaking is too odd to be fun (Level 50 team? Your enemy's pokemon might be level 100. or just random PKMN.) and the wondertrade - fun as it might be - is filled with people trading that stupid bunny.

There's nothing that makes me crave more...And that's a shame. A bigger incentive after you're done with the main story would be nice.

And that arena thing where you can fight enemies with 3 pokemon - nope. Got a team designed for 6v6, so not a thing I'll do.

4/5. Has a lot of positive aspects and is fun as long as it lasts.
  9. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I'm about 90h in and I'm still finding a lot to do after Elite Four. In fact, I only just picked up the Looker quests in Lumiose city. I've been busy trying to collect as many Pokemon as possible, breeding them, leveling them, trading (I actually like Wonder Trade, but I enjoy the side of giving more than getting. I like to put version exclusives, evolutions and prevolutions and Pokemon that evolve during trade up there in hopes that it'll make someone happy. I've also received starters from there, all but Bulbasaur actually.), customising my character, exploring every corner of the map I might have missed and I still haven't started battling against other players, as I want to get my Pokemon trained a bit better before I get into that business. Oh, and I haven't even started hunting for legendaries yet either (I only have Yveltal and Zygarde atm). I'm currently training a Ralts to be my legendary catcher Gallade. :p Perhaps none of this is what you enjoy doing, but I'm sure you can get more than 33h out of that game if you give it another chance.
  10. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

First of all: Thanks for not fullquoting me. I hate it when people do that.

Collecting? Nah. Just not interested in catching them all ATM. Maybe later, but probably not.

Legendary hunting? Mmh...Yeah, maybe that, but what will that be, 1-2h of gameplay time? Not interested.

Matchmaking isn't really good so I'd rather not play competitive

As I said: Wondertrade is filled with egoistic idiots (I traded version exclusives, the bug that evolves
    depending on the region the Trainer OT's in and wanted pokemon like Haunter)

Aaand...That's pretty much it. I don't know, the game felt rather short. After the great pause between the first and second arena all of them were quite rushed and just thrown into your face.

I've already explored everything, the only things left to do are stuff like catching Mewtwo etc.
  11. Mutley

Mutley New Cupcake

I'll add everyone that adds me :) fire me a PM if interested. I am a psychic type, unsure which pokemon are available. I also have nearly every pokemon available in the game, I will be willing to trade some eggs to help you fill up the pokedex :)

Hudie 5455-9828-6636
  12. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Hey Mutley Added you.

Add back :) EpicBubble 1650- 2280 -5248

Also added death to the number 3 Got marowak and sandshrew in your safari.

I would rate pokemon x/y to be the best in the series so far. Purely on the 3d nature finally no longer 2d spirte based. With 51 hours logged it get to the point of setting goals. But its fun is "casual" and its a good form of escape.

My 2 biggest issues with the game is 1. I cant remove my characters hat >.< and 2 the lack of communication between people in game. I would like to chat to a person when trading with him or even missing the attaching letters part would really help explain why I feel bad for trading away those level 3 pikachus I keep getting in wonder trade.

I'm weirdly proud of my pokemon team, Nidoqueen, Jigglypuff, Chinchou, Leafeon, Vivillion. Rofl stomped the elite four. (also caught my first shiny pokemon ever in this generation with a shiny sentret with crappy personality and crappy ability but its shiny o.o)
    Mutley likes this.
  13. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

I got a protean frogninja from your safari and got the best nature for him. If you want one I can trade one over seeing as it's your safari I got it from. I grabbed pokerus from Revon I believe, which saved me hours. Thanks guys!

My favorite pokemon is by far gold and silver. I thought the number of catchable pokemon was obtainable, the egg system, day/night, and the graphics were leaps and bounds ahead of r/b/y. After I beat the elite 4 I thought I was done.... I was halfway through. You could go back and see what happened to Team Rocket, Blue, and all the gym leaders and all the nostalgia.

My second favorite would have to be black and white because there was a TON of gameplay after you beat it. I got a ROM so I couldn't play online, but if I did I would have spent hours doing pvp. The main issue I have with the games now is that you need to spend HOURS breeding eggs fighting RNG to min/max for competitive battles. You need perfect natures, egg moves, perfect IVs, perfect abilities, items, team synergy, etc. X and Y have made breeding better, but for those that don't mess with it the gameplay is short. I miss the days where you can catch a pok'e and not have to worry about breeding. Too much focus is on meta game. Maybe they will release new patches with more secret quest lines.
  14. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Gold/Silver are my favourite too. :D Haven't played White/Black but I'm thinking of getting them, since my 3DS can run DS games too. I also agree on the breeding part, it's kinda put me off even trying online battles so far... I did however breed an Espurr with six perfect IV's and Timid nature, but that's because Espurr is awesome :D (also because it will suck anyway since I'm not evolving it. Because Espurr.) but I think that's about as much breeding as I'm going to do, atleast for "perfect" Pokemon. Hey, anyone want some Espurrs? I have nearly 100, I could spare a few...

Oh, also np about the Pokerus. :D If anyone else wants that too, I can still infect more for trade.
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I may dryhump this thread for friend codes soon once I start actually doing something in my new games.
  16. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

The new Esper picture reminds me of a certain group.... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    D3athcr33ps likes this.
  17. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

haha! revon I wouldn't be surprised if the Devs were playing a bit of Pokémon.