1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Post your Limited Action Set Builds

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by eharper256, Dec 17, 2013.

1. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Obviously we have limited beta information at the moment, but it seems that this German site has a primitive builder for LAS. WS-Base now has a better builder here, including AMPS.

Milestones are not included at this time, and no doubt things are highly liable to change, but I've had an interesting play with it nonetheless.

So share your LAS selections!!

Here's my first one: a tanky, non-bot using engineer set. Tactical Strike as the initiator. Still a little suspicious of setting the core attack to Ricochet since it has a 6 second cooldown, but felt I needed something more visually appealing than Flak Cannon (though if needed, would switch to it). Personal Defence Unit sounds amazing at max tier. Volatility is used purely for Hyper Wave.

And the second: a highly mobile healing esper. With a jumpback, knockback, and dash included, allowing you run around prodding people with both sword powers. Which in turn builds PP to blow on the Party heal of Collective Will. Not sure if both blade types can be active at once though.

Lastly; a Tanking (!) Spellslinger. Distortion, Gate, Phase Shift and Healing Salve might actually make this viable. Maybe. Rapid dakka and assassinate to generate threat is required though since there are no taunts in their repitoire. Would be hilarious to play if it works due to it being so unlikely.

Probably add more when I have time.
    Irullan likes this.
  2. eharper256

Reserved for some reason
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Engineer tanking without either flak cannon or the pulse blast = a no go!

You will be doing NOTHING for too many seconds. You won't be able to hold agro and your dps will be too low! I highly suggest you do not replace the ''spamm'' abilities.
  4. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

5. eharper256

Yeah, I thought it would probably not work, but it was there on the vague chance of there being AMPs that could reduce cooldowns.

Nice. Also, you made me realise that apparently, you don't need to place tierpoints at all, and can have an ability at rank '0'. Didn't realise that, I just automatically clicked things to 1.
  6. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

After looking at the skills and weighing my options I decided to go for either major tier bonuses or nothing. Some of them have some amazing major bonuses while others look kinda iffy, so anything that either boosts my threat/mitigation/general tankery was a shew-in.
  7. eharper256

Funnily enough, your bot-less build is very similar to mine, though I, as noted, skipped on a Basic Attack ability which is probably not too wise.

I'm kinda confused with the Stalker. I'm assuming they must have a non-LAS ability way to access Stealth, else everyone's gotta be taking Emergency Stealth.
  8. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

I believe that Stealth is the Stalker's innate ability, much like Spell Surge for Slingers and Exo-Suit for Engineer.
  9. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

10. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

It's an innate. Using it in combat enables Partial Stealth(still visible, but grants access to the stealth bonuses - at least last time I heard of it) and activates a 20sec cooldown which resets after getting out of combat. Emergency Stealth wouldn't be viable in tanking and we're gonna need the bonuses as well.

Btw Arkship doesn't note stealth effects on the skills(like absorption on Frenzy, which is also an Intimidate rather than a 25% threat bonus, at least according to the Ready Check builder).
  11. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

12. eharper256

DPS Esper design focusing on Rapid Psi-Point building into capped Mind-Bursts, with threat removal and lifesteal support for survivability, as well double DoT's.
    http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/actionsetbuilder/en/esper/#1:0;9:4;8:0;28:8;2:8;23:0;22:0;26:1;

And a Tanking warrior, with a minor amount of DPS:
    http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/actionsetbuilder/en/warrior/#41:8;49:0;51:0;60:0;53:0;35:4;48:8;50:1;

Finally, a mobile stunlocking/interrupting Stalker:
    http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/acti...:4;171:7;173:0;172:0;175:7;180:3;176:4;160:0;
  13. The Big Q

The Big Q Cupcake

Oh hey guys, been a while hasn't it? Anywho, here are some sweet builds (not really) for yall to feast your eyes upon (gonna need some eye bleach).

Pure raid DPS esper:
    http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/actionsetbuilder/en/esper/#1:0;9:1;8:0;5:0;3:8;2:4;6:0;26:8;
    Double DoT for max DPS throughput, Plus an expose for bigger numbers. Also a nuke rotation.
    Rotation looks like: Haunt> Swarm> {2x Conc. Blade> Illusionary Blade+ builder if needed} (till 5pp)> Storm> {blades till 5}> Mind Burst> Fixation> Burst> Repeat.

Tank Warrior
    http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/actionsetbuilder/en/warrior/#41:8;42:0;43:4;47:0;46:8;49:0;56:0;54:0;
    Lots of threat generation, and a little bit of mitigation/Self heals. Gonna rely on dodging the damage. Should be able to hold multi-target threat at range. (I.E. Bruiser and Caster mobs simultaneously).

Medic Heals (PvE, general tank healer)
    http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/acti...:4;107:1;105:4;108:4;115:0;117:4;116:4;101:0;
    Can easily heal multiple targets, but also has potential for single target healing. Also has dispel to deal with debuffs applied to the tank. And adds damage mitigation for improved suitability.
  14. Agon

Agon Cupcake

15. eharper256

Lots of Engineers in here!

Nevertheless, some good plans everyone, keep 'em coming!
  16. eharper256

17. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

18. Dienzo

Dienzo New Cupcake

19. eharper256

20. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Esper - Psychic Face Puncher

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...6.397.398.434.475.476.477.416.418.419.379.380

Life steal from Spectral Frenzy, the spammer; Damage Mitigation from Blade Dance for quick escapes; Catharsis to get rid of troublesome debuffs; Illusionary Blades for ranged mobility; Shockwave for CC; Projected Spirit for escapes and chasing; Phantom Swarm for minions and extra DPS; Telekinetic Storm as I'll be dancing around in a short area, anyway.