1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Post your Limited Action Set Builds

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by eharper256, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Greatheart

Greatheart Cupcake

2. Cybrid1984

Cybrid1984 New Cupcake

I would love some feedback on my Burstsper build:

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...0.330.325.331.332.343.334.335.336.337.320.321

The idea is to run around with fixate / builder / burst spam while giving it the utility it needs to reduce incoming damage / and keep the enemy at bay.(went for the pvp build approach) I am sure things will change when i actually get to play the game and not just theorycraft but this seems like it would be a nasty build if you arent focused in pvp.
  3. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
  4. Cybrid1984

Cybrid1984 New Cupcake

I guess a bit more explanation is in order as to why i took what i did:

Blade dance is there mostly for the speedboost and the easy getaway to reposition if the gap is closed.(15% is not much but u gain free dps as your repositioning and 2 psi points on the move).

I did think of restraint but the only reason i didn't pick it up is because fields are insanely obvious in this game and ive seen a lot of medic play which you can see them coming from a mile a way. It would really depend on how restrain will work once the game kicks off.

The real nature of the build is coming from MB spam which the tier-8 dmg increase with the dot and the shield pen should make it more than noticable when chained properly with fixation and amps.

The only real bonus that i would like to pick up from amps is Quick Response which would bring Fixation down to almost 50 seconds giving me a 5 combo MB every 50 seconds on the fly as well as resetting all my CD's for more spam / mobility. I think i might ditch magic damage2 and pick up Quick Response. After all less CD on a CD/spam build works wonders. I just don't know how much "magic dmg2" has to offer in the "magic damage" department. If it truly is 1% then i am ok with losing it for faster CD's.
  5. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Would something like this work ya think? I basically took what looked like the most potent assault skills, both the DPS and tank bot, and then Urgent Withdrawl which just looks useful to me. The idea is to pump out good sustained DPS and AOE while the bot tanks and the other bot adds to DPS. Then Urgent Withdrawl in case the tank bot dies.

I haven't played yet so I'm not sure what a rotation would look like with this build. Just trying to get an idea of how an Engineer focused mostly on high DPS might work. Seems like a build of this nature might be great for leveling initially. Thoughts?

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...9.605.615.401.402.403.400.393.394.395.399.432
  6. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Crithax Slashums' (I can has sword?) Warrior Build

This is all about Spike Damage. Constant Spike Damage. Opening a fight with PowerLink => Augmented Blade => Leap is going to be pretty harsh. If you happen to crit, and can follow the chain with Breaching Strike => Relentless Strike => Power Strike, the rest of your party will be doing 24% additional damage for about the next 7 seconds (and you will be dealing an additional 31%, or higher, if you crit multiple times), not to mention during this time the enemies heals are 70%~ish less effective, and you snowball, become more deadly to wounded foes and as you stack more buffs and deal more crits, and heal yourself with 3% lifesteal.

Though it has no direct threat manipulation, I imagine the spikes will help keep alot of threat focused on you, making you an excellent initiator and off-tank. I'm vaguely tempted to put a Tether in there though.

This is probably the build I'll use for my Warrior Main if I choose to go ahead with that, since I'm rather happy with its synergy.
  7. PastorT

PastorT New Cupcake

Tanky Medic Shield Healer

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...9.710.701.702.703.715.653.654.933.934.697.698

First try at a wildstar build. I wanted to focus on survivability and shield regen because that seems like the Medics strengths. All the heals are freeform (I love this idea.) so I'll need to be near the action. Shield Surge and Field Surgeon being my main abilities. That links nicely with the continued focus amp which has a chance to refund focus whenever either of those abilities are used.

I'm hoping (haven't actually played it) that this keeps me mobile, shield regen monster, somewhat tanky, and enough focus regen to keep me constantly casting.
  8. eharper256

Force 9 Fields

A Deflect Crazy Engineer, built around Recursive Matrix and Disruptive Module, making it slightly different to the typical gas deflect build. Whenever you Deflect, you heal yourself and allies, deal damage to the foe that just attacked, up your regeneration, and give yourself interrupt armour. You have 98% deflect for 8 seconds in every 28 or so. Timing that Matrix right will indeed be fairly critical, making it a bit of a high-skill build. Allies will also love you, since you'll heal them, restore their shields, and give them deflect as well. Whilst tanking. Yep. Doesn't naturally crank out alot of threat, though Code Red and Hyper Wave together will keep eyes on you.

Ghostmaster

Uber hybrid Esper that heals whilst slapping things with illusions and ghosts. A revised version of my earlier esper build.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i wonder why people not use reap in their builds, its sounds awesome:D
  10. eharper256

I do like its 'trap' like nature, but it sounds a bit reliant on your Esper kiting like a boss.

What I think some people also fail to realise, though, is that unlike in some MMO's, you'll get to try all of these abilities since they're earned naturally through levelup. Maybe it'll turn out that I'll try Reap, find it wonderful, and change my lineup around it. LAS is nice like that.
  11. Taher

Taher Cupcake

12. eharper256

Looks like WS-Base updated itself again and actually has all the proper ingame numbers now, guys and gals, as well as the latest Beta patch changes.
  13. Drunkatm

Drunkatm New Cupcake

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...96.97.98.20.16.17.18.19.27.28.29.23.24.25.144

This is my warrior pvp dps build. unless numbers change i will stick with this. but more then likely numbers will change.

The reasons. power strike is more dmg then the other dmg skills. tremor, breaching, and savage strikes just dont have the same dmg, or close for that matter. So basicly power strikes is the only decent burst. Power link is a must have, and cranking it up increases the dmg bonus. Use that with Augmented blade and power strike spam for a kill looks like the way to go.

Kick and grapple are self explanatory, leap for get aways. leap can be switched for bum rush depending on what works best by launch. leap has no snare, so using to chase a runner not good. Ripsaw is just good for a snare, would say keep stalkers outa stealth, but they got the talent to keep dmg from breaking stealth, and would be surprised if they dont take for PVP.

Most the amps are up in the air, kind of depends which ones give the biggest dmg increase, how much armor matters, pvp offense, and weather or not the deflect crit or pvp defense make a big enough difference.

Any ways, let me know what ya think.
  14. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

Thanks for the links!
  15. Azer

Azer Cupcake

PvE Spellslinger DPS build (raiding)

The idea of this build is to maximize resets of Flame Burst which is your top DPS attack. By getting the T8 upgrade all magic attacks reduce the CD, but you also need a recent crit to use it.

Since all your damage is magic you'll want to keep the magic missiles debuff up as much as possible.

Ignite, being a DoT is also a high DPS ability so you'll want to keep it ticking at all times especially to synergize with the Wallow in Flame AMP. The T8 bonus of being able to have normal and Spell Surged versions on at the same time means you'll want to cycle your Spell Surge as you refresh both versions.

Since most magic attacks have a cooldown this should keep your Gunslinger AMP stacks up giving you at 16% crit chance. This synergizes to allow Flame Burst to be used on CD and also builds spell power with the Critical Surge AMP.

Spell Chain AMP should remain at max stacks as well giving you a total of 14% additional magic damage from AMPs.

Several AMPs working together will allow you to use Spell Surge much more often than normal, increasing your damage an additional 15% and giving 35% crit severity on top of it's already improved effects.

Unfortunately there are 3 totally wasted AMP points in the support tree which are needed to unlock the hybrid tree. And since I wasnt able to get up to Power Surge in the hybrid tree I decided to drop the unused AMP points into Lifesteal. Perhaps they'd be better spend in Assault Power, but I kind of like the idea of having 6% lifesteal to in raids to improve survivability.

Chill, Arcane Shock and Dual Fire offer some great utility in addition to reducing the CD on Flame Burst.

Charged shot is there solely to reduce the CD on Flame Burst. This is one of the few times you'd want to use charged shot with only one charge. Using it with 1 charge makes the CD 2sec instead of 7sec so you can weave it into your rotation more often to keep resetting Flame Burst.

Void Slip, as always, is your get out of jail free card.
  16. BarGamer

BarGamer New Cupcake

Esper Minion Bomber

Having played much Zelda, GW2, a bit of WoW, and a few other MMOs, I feel confident that with the help of my Phantom Swarm, Geist, Figments, well-timed Crushes, all-range-25+ abilities, and my own ability to dodge and kite, those melee chumps won't ever touch me. For ranged, I have healing in the way of Pyro Flame and Mending Banner. I plan on stacking lots of Moxie, Finesse, and Brutality. Pretty sure I'm going Aurin Soldier, with either Relic Hunter and Tailoring, or Weaponsmithing and Mining, depending on which gives better stats. An alt will take care of the other pair of crafting options, and trade between them will be frequent and mutually beneficial.

Or I could be wrong.
  17. Nitt

Nitt New Cupcake

Well, not overly good at this theorycrafting stuff, but thought I would try a Medic build.

Medic

As someone who tends to run around solo most of the time, with participation in smaller groups, my thinking was to have a toon that deals reasonable DPS and can stay alive while being able to offer some party assists if the need arises.

Assault:
    Discharge - No cooldown, rebuilds actuator points. Mobile. General spam attack.
    Gamma Rays - Upgraded to T4 to reduce cast time. No cooldown. Mobile. Seems like good damage, especially if hit with all 3 beams. Potential to rebuild actuator points.
    Quantum Cascade - Decent damage with no cooldown. Ranged attack. Ummed and aah'd about leveling this to T4, but decided to go with Gamma Rays instead. Atomise could replace this as long as you were able to ensure a decent crit hit rate.
    Devastator Probes - DoT over 14 sec. Leveled to T4 applies Expose. Ranged attack. Bit of a fan of throwing explosive things that stick to mobs. Seems like a good opening attack.

Support:
    Emission - Easy to use heal which can rebuild actuator points. No cooldown. Mobile. Leveled to T4 to remove any focus cost.
    Crisis Wave - Big one-off heal if the need arises. No cooldown. Mobile.

Utility:
    Magnetic Lockdown - Gotta have something that prevents movement. Leveled to T4 to reduce cooldown time. Mobile.
    Empowering Probes - Party buff to increase damage. Leveled to T4 to improve crit chance. Thought about Field Probes, but looks like they would be more effective in a PvP environment since it reduces heal effects on foes. Could potentially swap this for Urgency to be able to get out of holds, etc.

AMPs set up favouring Assault with Support the secondary focus.

As I said, not very good with this sort of stuff, but fun to be able get an idea of likely builds.
  18. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Medic DoT/Crit/Expose Build. PVP

The build concept here is pretty simple. DoT up enemies and use Crits to power the Atomise and on Crit effects of AMP's. Direct CC is given in the form of PS (Paralytic Surge) and ML (Magnetic lockdown). Whilst your own survival is dependant on combining that CC with good use of Urgency. QC is there as it's simply awesome in PvP, it's far harder to miss with it and considering in this build it's only function is truly as an Actuator consumer (to grant empower stacks), it's exactly what you need.

This is not however a solo PvP intended build and you should be grouped up with other players to make the most out of all of that defense stripping.

AoE currently hammers minions, but we've got no idea how that works at level 50 so it's all up in the air. That and your AMP's and Gearing choices don't really support taking healing abilities, your gear would have little to no Focus regen for healing costs and you'd also have very little SP in comparison to your AP. My only other concern would be that you've got no mobility. In PvE you'll be fine thanks to said minions attacking and taking threat for you, but if you ran this in PvP you risk getting lockdown nuked before you can do much about it! :)
  19. Azer

Azer Cupcake

I'd suggest adding Bolster or some other way to heal yourself while kiting. If you get jumped by a stalker or warrior you'll want to stay out of range until you can recover from the initial burst.
  20. BarGamer

BarGamer New Cupcake

@ Ico: Oh yeah, this is totally PVE. I wouldn't DARE take something that glass cannon and stationary into PVP. I'd be dead if a Stalker even LAUGHED behind me. I wouldn't even take this into most dungeons or raids, if the streams are any indication of how important ranged mobility would be. Good thing we can save LAS specs, right?