1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Post your Limited Action Set Builds

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by eharper256, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Cybrid1984

Cybrid1984 New Cupcake

yeah i was thinking of running a self heal just for good measure but i lucked out and my friend will be playing a pocket heals so i figured i might be able to just drop it for more utility or dmg. :) I just don't know with the amount of absorbtion i added would it help slow the pain of stalker initial burst.

PS. LOVE the guild name.
    It makes me think of this: (one of my fav games ever)
  2. Azer

Azer Cupcake

Those graphics were so badass back in the day. haha

If you are going to be duoing I'd suggest going with a tank class (even if you are going to be full dps) so you can get the healing debuff. It's always proved to be vital in pvp.
  3. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

4 of 'em ;)
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just a tip:
    In the bottom right corner is the ''reply'' option, this way they get an ''alert'' when quoted and can respond quicker since they know they have to respond.
  5. Cybrid1984

Cybrid1984 New Cupcake

hah amazing how quickly in a few years time graphics look so different. People don't really realize it.

Yeah that would be nice. I know my friend is only interested in medic/stalker(tank) so those are the only 2 for now i would be grouping with. Honestly though if the spellslinger wasn't constant DPS and had more burst i would gladly go slinger over esper. I just have a burstDPS/CC addiction :D
  6. Azer

Azer Cupcake

Spell Surge - the slinger's innate - is on-demand burst. Check my spec a bit back, when surged it should be doing around 175% of normal DPS. Esper's innate is better but has a 2min CD and makes you immobile the slinger's CD is 2 seconds I think, although it does have to recharge.
  7. Cybrid1984

Cybrid1984 New Cupcake

Yeah the problem with the slingers innate is that you have to build it up with attacks and the build up is rather slow, and the duration is very short once you toggle it on.

Ive been watching a lot of streamers trying to come up with a spellslinger burst build, but you have to trade so much mobility that you might as well be an esper and do it far more effectively. The one thing i can say the slinger is nice for is just simply applying pressure to counter heals. That sustain DPS is just what a group needs to negate healers.

What worries me is the new shield changes and the fact the slinger before the changes had some really sexy shield buffing amps that in turn have been nerfed by the change. :( I do hope they look into that before launch. I don't want them to be grossly over powered but at least if shields are going to be the slingers "thing"(as far as a bit extra defense) they might as well give it a bit more love.

Over all with the game being in beta it is so hard to tell what balancing changes are incoming. I am glad they did drop the stalker initial burst dmg because what they were pulling off was just silly.

we'll see as the game gets closer to launch. Right now i am just happy they finally announced pre-orders and i was able to reserve a copy for me and the gf :D
  8. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

But I get up Again.

New Tanking Warrior build with Beta II changes taken into account. Loves shields and breakouts, and even has a couple of ways to make (and break) interrupt armour. Should probably stay in Bulwark stance most of the time, and in such a stance, will generate pretty darn high threat. Depending on how reliable deflects are (Smackdown got a bit nerfed, after all), Atomic Spear could be substituted for Bum Rush (especially if an initiator is required). In such a circumstance, pull the points out of Smackdown as well (leaving it purely for the Expose), and buff up Plasma Blast or Menacing Strikes to Tier 8 instead.
  9. NinjaMortis

NinjaMortis New Cupcake

10. eharper256

Revised the Ghostmaster again!!

Opens with Haunt, hits with Psychic Frenzy. This gives you 20% extra damage from Expose (presumably), then unleashes the Geist and Spectral Swarm. After two more Psychic Frenzies, it has 5 PP, so throws out Mental Boon. So, at this point, the foe is taking around 300 damage a second, and allies are regenerating 300 a second. Rinse and Repeat whilst nerfing the foes with Shockwave and Incapacitate, and dropping Mirage if the tank needs a spike heal.
  11. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Didn't look through the whole thread, but I had a question I haven't been able to find, and since it's not level dependent I figured anyone could answer.

Are you able to save ability sets so that you can switch between a dps LAS layout to a healing or tank layout? and if so, how?
  12. eharper256

Yes, you unlock sets of LAS as you level (up to, I think, 3, or perhaps 5 different sets). You can then switch any time out of combat.

I'm not sure that this applies to AMPs though (don't think it does; I heard you had to pay gold to switch AMP loadout), so you'll still be better at one thing, but basically will be able to switch in a pinch (esp. if you have backup Equipment for the alternate role).
  13. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Thanks for the help, I needed a bit more detail though, I knew all of the things you said already, just not what level they unlock and where in the UI that you save them and switch them out.

If this is something that isn't available in the 1-15 range, then nvm, I had thought it was available somewhere in those levels.

Update - this issue has been resolved, I now know the answer.
  14. Spepijn

Spepijn New Cupcake

PvE DPS Engineer

Was thinking about something like that.

Max rank Pulse Blast for the added 456 damage over 3 sec.
    Quick Burst for the added damage after a crit
    Mortar Strike as my spender (if those numbers are correct Mortar Strike looks like the highest DPS spender, doing alot of damage with a channel of only 1 sec)
    Artillery Bot. I see this more as a (semi) perm dot (the auto attacking) in combo with a (aoe) nuke (Barrage)
    Shatter Impairment as a small dps cd/cc breaker
    Zap for the interupt armour
    Urgent withdrawl for the mobility.
    The last skill is up for grabs. 2nd bot could work or a defencive cd

Things I am not sure about are the tier 4 in artillery bot. Does that give me a perm +25% CHC? or does it increase my CHC by 25% (so lets say I got 25% CHC. With my bot out will it be 50% (wich is OP) or 32.5% (25% + 7.5%))
    For the AMP's. The 3 "expose" AMP's are in the build as well but do they only count for me or does the whole group benefit?

All of this is based on the numbers provided by the Sim and sadly it does not show the scaling factors so this is all subject to change ofc as soon as those are provided.
  15. Greatheart

Greatheart Cupcake

Hmm, its a shame you can't switch AMP builds on the fly to match your LAS. :(
  16. Spepijn

Spepijn New Cupcake

After looking at the Spellslinger and seeing scaling numbers I decided to make a build for the Spellslinger as well

PvE Spellslinger DPS

I made this build after making a rudimentary DPS/DPC "program" in Excel so I could check the scaling and damage numbers ect

Tier 8 Ignite for the double DoT (Tier 8 makes this spell the best scaling spell a Spellslinger has)
    Flame Burst for the extra damage on crit (assuming that Flame Burst is off the GCD. Not sure if it is but I do think I heard/read somewhere that it is)
    Assassinate for the amazing damage. Even when above 30% hp this seems to have the highest DPC of any spell.
    True Shot when there is nothing els to do and because the scaling on this is amazing. Tier 8 for the 50% armor pierce.
    Arcane Shock for the interupt armor because every dps should have at leased one.

The other abilities are situational but Void Slip, Purify and Gate do look nice. Mabey even Runes of Protection, Dual Fire or Astral Protection seeing I spent 3 points in support to get to the good stuff in Hybrid A/S

Things I am unsure about are Charge Shot. The scaling/cast time don't seem right so I couldn't add that.
    The increase Spellsurge damage seems really small on most skills and I think that's not right (for example: Assassinate gets a 1% damage increase with Spellsurge where as the cast time reduction True Shot gets from Spellsurge results in a 42% damage increase)

Let me know what you think and feel free to point out any mistakes I made!

The class I am following atm is really boring so I present to you The Deflect Engineer tank

Tier 4 Bruser Bot and tier 8 Unsteady Miasma for the increase in Deflect chance.
    Hyper Wave and Code Red as my two taunts.
    Recursive Matrix tier 4 and Personal Defence Unit tier 4 as my two defensive cooldowns giving me a nice deflect/shield boost and a chuck of hp/defence.
    Disruptive Module for a steady shield regen and finally Flak Cannon when there is nothing els to do.
    The Bruser Bot can be used to keep the boss in place or facing a certain way when that one big attack is coming, allowing the Engineer to move to a safe spot (this has the potential to make the Engineer one of the better tanks imo).
    AMP's are mostly focused on increased treat, deflect, hp (Rejuvenating Rain (When you deflect an attack, restore 10.5% health to self and x allies within 5m) seems really strong if you can manage to get a high deflect chance)

Depending on how hard it is to hold agro some AMP and tier points will move around, but this does seem like a decent specc. Let me know what you think!
  17. Spepijn

Spepijn New Cupcake

Well, I havn't been paying attention to any of my classes thus far so there is no point starting now.
    PvP Stalker Build
    My nephew is planning on playing the Stalker in PvP so I thought I'd look and see if I could make a nice PvP build. I must say, damm, the abilities/AMP's are really nice for PvP.

Analyze Weakness, Phlebotomize, Impale, Stagger, Punish, (Shred), Tactical Retreat (in that order) looks really strong to me.
    Analyze Weakness has pretty nice scaling and will be a nice additional burst of damage plus tier 4 will give some nice power regen.
    Phlebotomize, altho has some good scaling as well, is mainly there for the reduced healing.
    Impale for the WTF JUST HAPPEND damage (the sim doesn't show it, but the damage in increased when used from behind or from stealth.
    Stagger to make sure that, who ever it is you are about to murder doesn't move (and tier 4 reduces the cd to only 7 sec)
    Assuming you had a critical hit, Punish will add some nice damage and regen 25% suit power (that's why you shouldn't use it earlyer to make sure your suit power is below 25%)
    Go wild with Shred to make use of the debuff Punish just applied or if to get a crit so that Punish can be used.
    Then, when things start to go south (or because you just feel like it), Tactical Retreat to instantly go back into stealth and break free of any CC you are in (tier 4. Would have loved to go to tier 8 on this but sadly there aren't any tier points left. Perhaps taking the points out of Analyze Weakness and putting them into Tactical Retreat is a good idea depending on the amount of damage you can dish out vs your survivability)
    Finally, Pounce as a gap closer or escape tool for when Tactical Retreat is on cd.

Ofcourse there are other abilities to look at. Nano Dart seems really nice for the health/dash charge siphoning. Frenzy could add some survivability (and the scaling is not bad either). Razor Disk looks like a nice ranged burst skill.... God to many nice things. I really need the beta so I can try everything!
  18. Spepijn

Spepijn New Cupcake

Not sure if anyone is interested in this, but I made a small Excel file with the DPC and DPS of the Warrior skills.

It shows the DPC/DPS of the skills at Tier 0, Tier 3, Tier 4, Tier 7 and Tier 8 as well as the damage increments per tier (0-3, 3-4, 4-7 and 7-8) This makes it easy to see if a major tier gives a significant damage boost. The Assault Power and Support Power can be adjusted. The benefits from Armor Pierce aren't taken into account.

I'll be adding DPSPC (damage per second per cast), TPS (treat per second), TPSPC, HPS and HPSPC as well where possible.

I'm planning to make a chart like this for every class but tell me if you lot like it. It takes way more time to make it so that other people can understand it as well :p

You can find the file here because I'm not allowed to upload .xlsx files
  19. Kaelgarth

Kaelgarth New Cupcake

Hey,
    Basing on "description" of your rotation, it's kind of build that I'm trying to acheive. Could you please link it again - this link seem to be invalid at the moment (empty loadout).

Thanks
  20. eharper256

'Tis because it was made for Beta 2; seems WSBase has updated again to Beta 3 now.

Here is the Revised AGAIN Ghostmaster Build. They say the skills aren't fully up to date yet though its still open to further changes.

EDIT: Wow 100 posts.