1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Pre-WildStar Mental Wellness Evaluation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kay, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Kay

Kay Cupcake

As we all eagerly await the arrival of an MMO that just might bring some much needed new life to the MMORPG genre, we must all ask ourselves if we're ready to deal with online gaming? That's why I bring you this Pre-Wildstar Mental Wellness Evaluation.

Now, gamer rage happens, so don't feel bad shouting obsenities at your computer screen (long as you apologize later and let it know you care about it, I don't think anyone will judge your abusive behavior you horrible, aweful person), and it's okay to get bummed when you wipe at the final boss of a raid you'd been working on for hours, after all, it was probably your fault, but the big thing you must watch out for?

Best player on the internet syndrome.

Yes, we all experience it a little once in a while. If a class gets nerfed, angry players of said class will come from the woodworks to complain that some 'uppity players who can't play just got mad' or accuse other classes of being far more powerful - because naturally, you're better than at least 75% of everyone on the internet. A player dies to someone who simply played more skillfully, and suddenly they throw accusations of hacking and an 'overpowered class' around like it's going out of style. An NPC proves particularly resilient, then the game must be broken, because your skills are nothing short of I337.

Before you play WildStar, take a step back, take a deep breath, and ask yourself...

Are other players just jelly of your skill?

If you answered yes, then you may suffer from Best Player on the Internet syndrome.

Now, ask yourself, 'If I lose, is it possible I just didn't play right?"

If your answer is 'I want a bran muffin', you've either lost interest in this article, or suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, and may or may not benefit from a visit to a doctor.

If you think you might suffer from 'Best Player on the Internet syndrome', then I have some healthy tips for you. Reguardless of the reason, take a step back, take a breath, and tell yourself these words.

"I am not the best player on the internet."

This humbling phrase will remind you that, whatever your ire is, it is silly.

Unless you really are the best player on the internet. At which case, you may want to talk to someone, post complaints on forums, and spread word with as many exclamation points as possible.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Now let's have a Chua mental wellness evalution:

Do you think you are the best Chua in the world and want to blow stuff up, kill some Exiles, torture some Rowsdowers, bake some poisonous cookies or some other thing to hurt people?
    You are perfectly fine!
    Kataryna and Ralphie2449 like this.
  3. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

Yes.
    Blue berry muffin.

Doc, I tried saying it but it just didn't work. I think everyone else may have a problem.
  4. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

I like this Chua edition.

I am perfectly find

MAYHEM, DESTRUCTION AND KILLING!!!

not fun response: You do realize gamers like to feel good about themselves and avoid feeling bad? this is pretty much the basic principle most games are being built on. Manipulate the gamer to feel like GOD and give him excuses when he loses so he wont leave and stop paying me.
    That is really the main reason pvp isnt as widespread as pve.
    Raging is to be expected
    I personally am always a calm sociopathic pvp only person that will play chua and murder people which will result in rage :D
    The problem is the delusions of greatness games create to players in order to sell, then pvp brings reality and you see what happens...