1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Press Partner Beta Weekend Key Giveaways

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    While the community sites have completed their giveaways and competitions,it seems that selected WildStar Press Partners are now in possession of keys for an upcoming beta weekend (Friday, February 28 at 7:00AM PST to Sunday, March 2 at 11:59PM PST).

We'll update this article if we find more press outlets with keys for this weekend!

Update: Carbine have just released the full list of Key giveaways going on this week check it out below!

(Read More - Official List)

( Read more - TTH ) All keys distributed
    ( Read more - ZAM ) All keys distributed
  2. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Looks like more are being added shortly as well. Dealspwn has one later today according to Twitter and MMORPG.com has one starting tomorrow (Feb. 26) morning at 9AM EST.

Edit: Zam keys are all gone (wow, that was fast)
  3. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

TTH Ten Ton Hammer keys are gone too... :/
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Once again i'll be laughing my ass off with the people that just come back from work and say how they completely missed it because of the timezones :coffee:

Let the enjoyement begin! :D Popcorn anyone?
  5. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

[​IMG]

;)
    Extatica likes this.
  6. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

-_- Hate this kind of thing so much.
    Extatica likes this.
  7. Collitinius

Collitinius New Cupcake

8. Joe LaRue

Joe LaRue New Cupcake

Dealspawn is now gone for keys..
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

:laugh:
    Who said you could say you got a key? Gogo NDA breaking and losing your key as fast as you gained it :up:
  10. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Updated with the recent announcement!
  11. Onemanwolf

Onemanwolf New Cupcake

I feel like the working people are being left out of this beta key give away I am in the military and cannot get to many of the websites that give away keys from work. What abou the hard working customers and gamers that work. The whole way the beta key process has gone on and is being done is a complete joke and focus on unemployed people that have the time to sit around and wait for keys and jump on them by the time I get home from work and serving my country the keys are all gone. I believe the Wildstar should take note from some the professional well planned out beta programs that give a fair and equal chance for everyone not just th e people that have the time to sit around and wait for random unannounced give away. What is going on seems like a completely unorganized mess what we call in the Army a soup sandwhich. Come guys Wildstar get your head out of your fourth point of contact. I have valueable input I would like to be a part of what is going to be the next king of the MMOs. Don't forget about the hardworking folks we want a chance too.

12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ps: this isn't personal, but i'm more a bit anoyed by your post. Since to me you are completely forgetting a lot of people!!! While wanting Carbine to think about you :coffee:
    This is typically a post done by someone who wants to be recognised yet unintentionally completely ignore other demographs of the potential Beta testers.

They left out working people? Mayby where you live!

Have you also considered the following people:
    1. People from another time-zone in America?
    2. People from Europe? (Yes the Beta is not only for Americano's)
    3. Working people with a different time table? (night workers? Horeca staff?)

So please don't ever come with the ''they left out working people'' and just say:
    I hope you can see this aswell, a lot of my friends work on different times (even different each week) to make sure you can travel save by airplanes, or have some other function that help protect the country. Policemen, Firefighters, Ambulance personal, Hospital staff, Elderly caretakers etc. etc. etc.

So my main questions will be:

How long have you been following WildStar, cause you had plenty of times to get a key in this last year.
    1. Have you participated in all those events? (all of them?)
    2. Have you been waiting for 3 years for WS, actively following the game?
    3. Have you been active on the WSC for atleast a year?

If, by any chance, you've just said the following answers:
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes

Then, my dear soldier, someone up there doesn't like you :p

If by any chance you've said ''no'' 1 or more times, then you just missed the chance because you were late to the party. Not because of Carbine.
    Kusiga likes this.
  13. Nexus Elites

Nexus Elites Cupcake

I think he's more frustrated about the fact that the large majority of the giveaways do not suit the hours of people with day jobs, which is a valid point.

If you look at it from a business aspect, it actually makes sense. If you wanted people to test out your new game, would you want to give a beta key to someone who will barely play it (i.e. someone with a full time job and other RL responsibilities) or someone that's unemployed and can play it all day, everyday? :p

I know it sucks, but it *does* make sense.
  14. KingWhiskr

KingWhiskr New Cupcake

Is there any giveaway left =(?
  15. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

That would again only be people with day jobs in America? What about Europe?

It's too easy to just say something like that. I just want him to ''think'' about it a bit more :D

But indeed it does also make sense from a testing point of view.
  16. Istarien

Istarien New Cupcake

It is sort of a legitimate complaint, though, because we're talking about a weekend beta. It takes place during the weekend, when people in America with day jobs are largely not at work. I also question the business sense of giving away keys only when career professionals can't get them. One would hope that Carbine would like to court a population of players that has plenty of disposable income, i.e. those with regular pay checks from their regular day jobs. These giveaways, though, are not under Carbine's direct control, so I suppose it's not ultimately up to them.
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

So again explain to me why it's legitimate? :D:p

Again no matter what time you do it, you end up not serving 1 or 2 kinds of people (even the working ones yes!). What is it that day workers complaining about this ia usually seen as legitimate, while when someone complains who is a nightworker they usually get posts on that he is just unlucky?

This is not just this Beta, but I see this happen on forums so many times...I feel bad for people with a night shift during the week. I aint one personally, but I feel sorry for them, since it seems people don't want them complain for only the time on which they work. (not happening here this much, but I see it beginning to go towards that point slowly).

So....will they ever do it so that everyone likes it?.....guess not, seeing all these comments.

I myself am happy for all the winners, day/night workers, people who lost their jobs (they aint less then anyone else!), people who only work part-time, people who....[fill in random kind of people]. etc. etc.

That you guys may enjoy it as much as others don't enjoy them not having it :up:
  18. Taralily

Taralily New Cupcake

literally the two nights i've had only 5 hours sleep, i've missed the weekend giveaways :( and then when streamers are giving keys away i'm at Tafe studying (in Australia) - get screwed by both US and EU times :S

but I just hope information output increases :S so I can survive off Wildstar news :D
  19. ZachA

ZachA New Cupcake

I think one thing that could be done to cater to anyone, anywhere is to pick one day and release 1000 or so keys every 30 minutes (mostly for the larger 40k key give-aways.) This would spread the time that the keys could be grabbed over the whole day, giving people only available during certain parts of the day OR in multiple time zones a chance.
  20. Onemanwolf

Onemanwolf New Cupcake

LOL to funny you put a lot of effort into your response good for you and I have been following this game for a year. I have watched about 500 Hours of Streams of game play @twitch Towelliee, Ashral, Ninjalooter, Warplots, all very good streams and have watched hundreds of people win keys oh and by the way,, stay away from BlankSpace VikingNation(which is a joke of a stream can anyone say ego trip). So defend the beta key process all you want but it is not fair no way no how and guess what, that is my opinion. I defend your right to have your opinion and find your insults about me being a soldier really funny. I have served my country for 23 yrs what have you done for your country? Like it or not this is America where we like equal opportunity. I am sure that God has better things to do than give beta keys out LOL Jesus love me just fine he is my best friend. I think more people agree with me than you, also seems funny to me that you think you know better than everyone else how it works. I guarantee you would be so smug if talking to this dear soldier face to face. I live in America and proudly serve my country.