1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PS4 or Xbox 3

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Azzurri, May 6, 2013.

?

PS4 or Xbox 3

1. PS4

87 vote(s)
    89.7%
  2. Xbox 3

10 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

So, for people who play console games along with their PC, which system tickles your fancy?

I've been an Xbox fan since I skipped school senior year and waited for the original Xbox outside of WallMart. Also, the 360 controller bar none is the best controller I've ever used.

I still play my PS3 for MLB: The Show, but the 360 gets most of my time(Console wise). Now with the new "Gen" coming out this fall, I will have to see which one I will like more, but as of now I still will go MS over Sony, unless Kingdom Hearts 3 is a PS4 exclusive, LOL.
  2. MaxT

MaxT Cupcake

xbox 720 has not even been announced yet :)
    the hardware will be similar. ps4 will be better and will have more exclusive titles.
  3. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Im a fan of games on both ps3 and xbox 360 but ps4 will be my first console - infamous , sly cooper, ratchet clank, jak and dexter - all favorites.
  4. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

PC
    Laban likes this.
  5. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I would usually jump on the PS4 but I have been alot more focused on my PC games in the last couple of years and with all the rumours and such flying about I would rather wait a while after the release maybe the second generation of games once dev's have got to grips with the new tech (which dosnt seem all that new to me) and see if they can do any amazing games, tho I will most likely be getting stuck into Wildstar by then

also I havnt heard much about the next Xbox though given M$ track record and my exsperience with the 360 (RROD, sratching discs etc) I will probably give it a miss unless its mind blowing which I doubt so yea PC I guess untill the next gen consoles prove themselves
  6. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

Potatoes.

Which means, I find consoles turning into cash-cows (at least Xbox 360/Microsoft), by making half of the games DLC that you must buy, so I have given up on console gaming. I can't say anything about PS4 as the last Playstation console I owned was the Playstation 2.

Though I must admit, I did buy a year of Xbox live just for when GTA V comes out, I am very excited for that game.
  7. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

I'm still unsure (the whole not-annouced-yet thing) but I'm leaning towards a PS4. On a practical note, I never paid for Gold, and the PS3 had 'free internet use' so I'd like to see how the next gen handles monetization (no way I'm getting into that sore topic here :p ). I currently have a 360, but I like a bit of variety.

Variety is the spice of life, after all, and if you control the spice, you control the universe.
  8. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Where are the options for both or neither?
  9. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

Well the xbox will have support with my surface pro, and get better support from my favorite studios like Bethesda so yeah Xbox.
  10. Ninereeds

Ninereeds Cupcake-About-Town

Personally I go for the Xbox camp because of my days working as a manager at GameStop. We would constantly see Playstation 2s, 3s, and PSPs come back broken from everyday use as the construction on them was pretty poor. Also after the hack with playstation accounts and their online service being down for over a month at one point I wouldn't want to rely on them for anything.

Sure Xbox has the red ring of death, but not so much anymore. And when it was a problem their customer service was quick and fair. Playstation just does nothing for me.
  11. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

We don't know anything about the next Xbox-how are we supposed to vote without the information?
  12. Dwel

Dwel Cupcake

I'll end up getting both. I'm angling towards PS4 to start with, but that's because the next Xbox hasn't even been announced yet.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Definitely PS4 for me, JRPGs are the main reason.
  14. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

PS4, though I might get the new xbox if there a nice exclusive game. Since that is the only reason I even open my xbox these days to play an exclusive game once in a blue moon.
  15. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

If all the rumors for the xbox (720) are true, PS4 ^^.
  16. Nekofest

Nekofest Cupcake-About-Town

Ps4 because there are way more titles on PS that I am interested in than on xbox.

Also I would like to get a Vita, and I have heard nothing but great things about PS+ in general.

I always thought having to sub for xbox live was nonsense and I would not put it passed M$ for the Always-On thing to turn out to be true for the new xbox.
  17. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Any decision based before microsoft talks about their goals on the 720 is purely fanboysm and biased.

iam leaning towars the PS4 due to the Always online rumors on the 720, but who knows.
  18. Jackie1st

Jackie1st Cupcake

The PS4 is looking very nice, though I feel like whatever the case I'll probably end up picking up the new Xbox since I have a feeling that's what a majority of the friends I already play with on the current consoles will be doing. Though playstation tends to have more exclusive games I'm interested in.
    I'm looking forward to Microsoft's announcement, getting some official news would be nice.
  19. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

I'm leaning pretty heavily towards PS4 right now, but we'll see what goes on after the 21st and E3 when Microsoft finally shows us something.
  20. Irimii

Irimii Cupcake

I want to say I'm going to wait and see Microsoft's announcement, but I already know I will probably buy a PS4 over the new Xbox unless it's overpriced or fails horribly and doesn't turn around like the PS3 did later on.

I generally prefer the games developed by Sony's first party developers and most of the JRPG developers I like develop for either Sony or Nintendo consoles. I also mainly game on the PC now and a lot of the Xbox exclusives I wanted last generation either released with a PC version, or where only temporarily exclusive and where released on the PS3 & PC later. If that trend continues this generation then I'll probably stick with the PS4.