1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PS4 or Xbox 3

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Azzurri, May 6, 2013.

?

PS4 or Xbox 3

1. PS4

87 vote(s)
    89.7%
  2. Xbox 3

10 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

You know you are probably right. As the dust was settling from e3 , I was hoping they'd come out and wow me with reasons why they were doing what they were. I feel a bit thrown more than anything and am just trying to see the bright side of it.
  2. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

Well son. That's why they reversed it. Because they found out the hard way what a load of horse <REDACTED> the "just get better internet" argument was/is. :)
  3. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

Too true.
  4. Agent Drew

Agent Drew Cupcake-About-Town

While the backpedaling with DRM and used games is certainly good on Microsoft's part, it doesn't really change the fact that they still did it. Even though this change is made prior to the consoles release it was something that they were going to put in there and once they told us they were doing so they simply kept telling everyone to "Deal with it" the minute anyone complained. Now all of the sudden they agree with us?
  5. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

[​IMG]
  6. Raizar

Raizar New Cupcake

I won't touch Microsoft's console this generation. While I'm happy to see them back-pedal on their stupid DRM, I'm still not happy that they even tried to justify it in the first place.

I'll go for a Playstation 4 and PC generation. I'm more into JRPG's anyway and Microsoft rarely gets them unless they go exclusive.
  7. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

If I had to pick, PS4 no doubt. I never thought I'd prefer PS3/PS4 but I've come to hate Microsoft. They say ignorant things, do ignorant things, and justify ignorant things.
  8. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

The 24hr check was a license check it would have have been a matter of bytes. You could have made a wireless hotspot on your phone and been no worse off.
  9. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

Nope, I couldn't have. I don't own a smartphone or a cell phone that can go on the internet.
  10. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

Then..All is ok, because they have an offline machine called the 360!

My main point however was the Kbps connection would have been sufficient.
  11. wasabi

wasabi Cupcake

It shouldnt even be a question... A product like the xbox one will lead the world in the wrong direction.
  12. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

Lol.
  13. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

PC GAMER MASTERRACE

Ps4 > XBone, Microsoft got really cocky and failed to meet a standard set by the gaming community. Sony has basically power-housed their way to the top this generation and if they keep it up they'll be up there until Microsoft decide to really step off their high horse, which is a good thing for all of us!

Even the new changes to policies doesn't make XBone > Ps4 and that's because of their exclusives, their content and their "addons"

XBone is just a huge package that you're paying for, when you're probably not going to use all of it so it's a waste of money, where as Sony has taken a lesson from the past and gone with P2P online and Pay for "addons" such as their cam (which is fudging amazing quality) and their other move products.

I'm looking forward to having A Ps4 sitting on my shelf right next to my 360.
  14. Mathue24

Mathue24 New Cupcake

Xbox-One-Called-Xbone-Probably-A-Less-Terrible-Name.jpg
    But seriously i agree that microsoft are scumbags, and now they are trying to say "we are sorrry".
    I know that microsoft would come back crawling on there knees
  15. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

Mathue24, you made my comment sound rude ;(
  16. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

While I voted for the PS4, I've thought about it, and I'm just going to stick with PC. The only games that really push me towards wanting a console are Square's single player RPGs, but given that most of their title non-rpg titles are available to Steam, I'm hoping FFXV and possibly KH3 will come to PC. Other than those games I mostly indie games and mmos. While the PS4 seems friendly to those types of titles, I don't see it taking PC's crown in Indie accessibility.
  17. Dex Charisma

Dex Charisma Cupcake

PS4 release date leaked: November 13.

Sony is really going for the jugular (X1 ships on Nov. 27). I bet that wasn't their original launch date.
  18. plic70

As far as I remember, Sony, nor Microsoft, have released realease dates. There are rumors, and the EU...Tech Market?? I think the stores name is. But, they ahve a picture of a poster. Could be shopped. To be honest, I don't think either company will release after Black Friday, too much of a revenue pop for them. Going to suck for the retailers out there, if you haven't gotten out yet do so fast. If you can't then you have my pity, and I ran Black Friday before....made me want to murder kittens then use the murdered kittens against people. Only good thing about it, my managers kept brining me coffee second sweetest nectar of the gods behind Whiskey.
  19. Dex Charisma

Dex Charisma Cupcake

The November 13th release date for PS4 is from multiple sources, but yeah, they're all EU.

As for X1, Amazon just sent me an e-mail confirming offering release date shipping on Nov. 27. Of course, they're offering me the same thing for the PS4 and they still haven't changed the original December 31 (Q4) release date.
  20. plic70

The amazon email has been beaten.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/22/ignore-amazon-xbox-one-doesnt-have-a-launch-date