1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Psyd

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Dysp, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

For my 101st post I shall introduce myself!

First off, I never really scrolled down on the main forums list, so I wasn't even really aware of this section until this last weekend.

..and hello! I go by the handle "Dysp" online, generally. I used to use "Dysprosium" but everyone just shortened it anyways, and in more and more games, Dysprosium was taken before I got to 'em. Therefore, I use Dysp.

My avatar is my llama, Tony.

I grew up as a Nintendo gamer since SNES, and I generally like games that don't take themselves too seriously. I've experienced many different games and wound up liking turn-based strategy and MMO/persistent-world games the most.

I was introduced to MMOs with Runescape. Everyone in my high school library who played called it "Run Escape". :D ..Then I tried a little of FFXI, but I never got into it. Then the series I had followed since I started playing games on the computer launched an mmo. I had a lot of fun with the Warcraft series, and it got me hooked on the MMO-concept. I've tried most of the big name MMOs since, but never for more than a month, excluding Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. Each have had some uniquely good ideas, but didn't get the whole piece right. There are so many things that can go wrong in an MMO, but I see MMOs, together as a whole, as a large experiment. Each new attempt is just another way to find the best elements for the genre. The good ideas then just need to be eventually sewn together into successive titles. It honestly would suck if the perfect MMO was created, because then, there would be nothing to aspire to or imagine for in this genre.

Apart from games, I tend to draw. Ever since I saw the WildStar housing video, I've been fascinated with the game and have had a lot fun drawing & speculating. I also really enjoy seeing what other people create around the community, be it drawings, sculptures, stories, fansites, podcasts or cookies.

...so in closing, Hello.

Azhdaha likes this.
  2. Lucky

Lucky New Cupcake

Yea, people tend to shorten stuff and it's not always nice. I used to go by Bagheera....but people shortened to Bag all the time, so I decided to get a new one XD.

Oh yeah....Hello!

Dysp likes this.
  3. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Hello!

4. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family. I'm Kethrym, Keth for short. Though some call me The Dominions worst nightmare......yeah ok that seems a bit too long.....but to be fair I didn't choose that name. :)

Dysp likes this.
  5. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks and hello Kethrym. :)

Kethrym likes this.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Hope you've enjoyed it in here as much as i did :D

Please don't use any names you wanted to have from when you were a kid, those dreams will never come/be true ;)

Dysp likes this.
  7. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Talking about kids, you wrote that message like one. To be proper it at least needs to be :
    "Hope you will enjoy it here as much as i am enjoying it"
    The way you wrote it sounds like both of you are now leaving.

Anyways, welcome to WSC! I am hoping too, that you will enjoy your stay ^^!

8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well i was happy with it, given the fact i was in the train on a tablet with a internet connection that failed every 10-20 seconds :D

That's why my reply to those 2 games was so short aswell ;) Otherwise i would've said ''what'' was wrong with them aswell :up: (you had to pay for zones after a certain level so you can't progress without spending money, it aint F2P as they say it is.....It's all a lie!!!)

Drarorm likes this.
  9. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

Heya!

I'm Blankspace but everyone around here just calls me Sexy.
    Eh, Blank. I meant Blank :p

Welcome to WSC!

Dysp likes this.
  10. Nyxis

Nyxis Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome to the forums :)

Hope you enjoy the neighborhood as much as I do!

Dysp likes this.
  11. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Hail Dysp, and well met!

Are you by chance the same Dysp who frequented the Mesmer forums over at GW2 Guru? I followed your posts with interest if so! :) Any ideas yet on what class(es) you might play in WildStar?

Dysp likes this.
  12. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Really? ...I was the only Dysp I was aware of in the mesmer forums.. so I think it was me. Ok, yeah, guru didn't have a number suffix like the official site, so yeah that's me. :D

I'm mostly interested in Esper at the moment. Their spells look really cool, and that's all I have to judge on right now. Although, I'm really curious to see what the last healer/dps class will be. In the end, I'll probably play every class, at least in pvp.

..it feels like a small world.. and hello!

Azhdaha likes this.
  13. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

hahah, it's a small world indeed. :)

Waiting on some sort of confirmation on the last healer myself, before making any final decisions one way or another.

14. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome to WSC.

15. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Welcome! I have been playing RuneScape since 2007 and to this day i still (kinda) enjoy it.
    If you are bored or just want to talk WildStar be sure to check my signature :D