1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PvE and PvP servers?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Solovic, May 19, 2014.

1. Solovic

Solovic New Cupcake

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong;

From my understanding PvP servers are permanent PvP zone areas where players can kill you if you aren't in a safe zone.

In a PvE server, it works the same, however you have the option to toggle your PvP flag on or off.

Is this pretty much the difference between the 2 in simplified text?
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Yes. There are other little things further associated with it, like guards on area's are of different strengths (raiding the opposing capital city is many times more difficult on a pve server as the guards will one shot you) and rather different changes to economys since farming is generally tougher on pvp servers, but that is the gist of it.
  3. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The problem is that nowhere in that thread can one find the most crucial information about this subject...

Nowhere does it says that Exile players will be owned in PvP servers :cautious: which will happen....so.....not really the best thread ;)
  5. Livnthedream

Nor does it say that you shouldn't roll on pvp servers cause they are for the lowbrow.
  6. gabers1

haha! The reason it is not found is because Jen only provides accurate and factual information in her posts. ;)
  7. gabers1

LTD, I missed you so much I have a gift for you:

[​IMG]
  8. Livnthedream

If that were true then the player base wouldn't have needed to point out to her that she royally screwed up pvp stats just prior to open beta going live.

Don't make me take off that shirt and wash it on these beautiful abs!
  9. gabers1

I am out of the loop on this one so do tell..... we talking the pvp offensive/defensive stats?

If the gift is not to your liking, I can change color and add a pocket. ;)
  10. Livnthedream

Yes. The gearing/stat changes made in the last major patch prior to open beta blew out the curves so you only needed runes or 1-2 pieces to effectively cap them thanks to how DR functions. Ie the best pvp gear is actually pve gear. They are making some changes, but she said pretty clearly in the thread that stats will be screwed up for launch and will be fixed after.

Most of it is detailed here. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33925-pvp-stats-are-broken/
  11. gabers1

Thanks LTD. I saw this thread when it came out, changed gear and stats accordingly, mentioned to a few people but never followed up to see Jen's correction and acknowledgement that there was an issue.

Nonetheless, she is very correct and accurate in her expertise on Exiles owning in PVP so I will continue to trust her on this.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

This really doesn't have anything to do with servers or pvp or pve or potatoers but....

I wanted to remind Extatica that Chua do not have abs. Chua are ab-less. ab-challenged.
  13. Livnthedream

They are also height challenged. But as Rocket Raccoon showed us in the new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer yesterday, that doesn't mean they don't have giant balls. :)
  14. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

In simple terms...on a PvE server your PvP Flag is OFF by default, meaning in most areas enemy players can't attack you. YOu can manually flip that flag ON however and there are certain designated PvP areas where you flag gets turned ON while in that area.

On PvP servers the PvP FLAG is ON by default and cannot be turned off in most areas. Though there are a few designated safe areas to discourage low-level gankers.