1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PvP Leveling as Healer

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Triangles, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Triangles

Triangles New Cupcake

Hello, WSC. I am extremely excited that there is an option to level up through PvP. Even if the leveling is significantly slower, it should allow players to avoid the horrible habits that PvE leveling sometimes instills, e.g., damage mongering as opposed to general tricksiness.

I plan to play an Esper healer as my main, so my concern is: how will I level through PvP? All the footage I have seen shows people getting experience per kill in the battleground, but obviously healers are not the highest billed in the kill count department.

Question: Has Carbine mentioned any mechanics that would allow healers to get XP for kills by other team members? Or a battleground win bonus for being a healer?
  2. Stich

Stich Cupcake

the way i see it happening you, players get a portion of experience per kill, for helping, take the other player down, IE in swtor even if you heal some one, and the one you heal kills the other player, it counts towards your kill streak. that's what i imagen i wll happem
  3. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

It's very viable to level up healing. It's about being around kills and win / losses.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Carbine had already stated somewhere that eventually you'll get credits when you heal someone who makes a kill.

It will be similar to what they are doing with mobs in the open world.
  5. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Though I loathe the comparison, I imagine it will be like getting an assist on League of Legends.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Here comes another laothsome comparison: how about it's gonna be the same as a healer in WoW?!?! ;)
  7. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

XP from kills/assists likely will be a small portion of the total XP gained during PvP. Your main source will be awarded at the end of the battleground match (win or lose). The amount awarded will probably vary depending on the map, duration, etc.

I suppose they could install a bonus for healing others, or mitigating damage to others if you're playing a tank.