1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Quests that have made you go "Awww!"

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Domi Dayglow, May 2, 2014.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So...I had been running around doing lots of adventures today. I'm a good little healing esper in adventures now! Not so much dungeons. Kept disconnecting.

Anyway! I was in Whitevale and I came across the quest. This aurin had a pet splorg (big fat caterpillar). It was sick! It would sneeze and it was just adorable. After completing a quest you cured it. Then could follor the Splorg (Named Mr. Wiggles) out while he found truffles for you to collect. Carbine had given his feet the neatest sound when he moved! And his splorg-butt would wiggle when he did! I will always remember this preorder weekend as the weekend I met Mr. Wiggles the splorg.

What other kind of quests have you come across that gave you an "Awe, that's cute!" thought?
  2. t209

t209 Cupcake

The ones with Aurins, especially the quest about Matria in Celestion.
    Despite the Dominion's evil reputation, the Lopp's potato cannon quest in Ellevar was kinda of sweet. Sure it was made by Chua but at least you are the test subject.
  3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Lopp.
    Bnol and Kataryna like this.
  4. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I was quite surprised that wife of that cowboy npc (first you met when you start on arkship) died when dominion shoot the transport ship. I wouldn't think Carbine would do smth like that. I was really happy then (in a masochistic kind of way I think ;)). Though they didn't say she actually died but that she was on that ship but as it was destroyed to pieces I think she did actually die. And she was pregnant!
  5. Livnthedream

On the Dominion Arkship, one of the first things you do is torture Exiles to death. It also gets much, much worse later on. As has been said so many times before, both sides are extremely grey.
  6. t209

t209 Cupcake

Grey? More like black and gray.
    Except the one in Ellevar or Crimson Isles where a Cassian doctor who is actually saving a life of an Aurin Private. Sure, it maybe ICI's order but she do show sympathy towards that little dude. And she even mentioned that they do not performed Vivisection on Aurin during their training.
  7. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I really love it about that game. When I have more time to play on launch time I will actually read more of the dialogues and read those lore books.
  8. Livnthedream

Nope. If you are calling one black then you have bought into propaganda.
  9. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

I thought the topic of this thread was cute stuff. It seems to have taken a turn for the exact opposite.
  10. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

That's the Dominion for you. :p
  11. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

Sadly, none of the quests have really connected with me in any sort of way.

Part of that is my fault, because I'm not really focusing on it right now. But part of it is because of the way Carbine has chosen to put the quest lore bits into the game. Particularly how there's no consistent place to look for the quest dialogue. Sometimes it's in text bubbles above NPCs that can be very hard read, and sometimes it's in the incoming phone call UI element. And with those, there's always an audio blurb that plays, but has nothing to do with the actual text, so for me, that make it very hard to read, especially when you get one of those in a place that's full of not happy mobs. Eyes getting one set of words + plus ears getting a different set of words + trying to not die = Everything that's not staying alive falls by the wayside.

I find myself really wishing there was a nice and uniform quest dialogue UI element and I had to go back to NPCs to actually interact with them, so I could have nice easy to read stuff and a nice quiet place in the game world to stop and read it. That or they could fully voice everything so I could listen and still deal with stuff going on around me, but that ain't happening in a couple weeks time.
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

But you CAN choose not to push C when you're in a particularly dangerous spot, and instead move out of the way of mob spawns and THEN push C and accept the quest so you can pay attention to what it's asking you to do...
  13. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

True, that is an option, but I've (we've all) been conditioned for decades now to push the flashy button that's making beepy sounds, in all aspects of my (our) life. Do you have any idea how hard it would be to not push it?
  14. Livnthedream

Even maining Scientist I haven't felt the need to go into the lore tab and start reading. Just the spoken blurbs (datacubes) and cut scenes have given me plenty of story on my way to 50.
    Inukeu and Kataryna like this.
  15. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It's hard but for us pure lore searchers it is doable :D
    True, but still sometimes in the quest logs you just get that small ''hint'' or extra info to makes the lore/story even better.
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    Kataryna likes this.
  16. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

I usually just read the lore that I gathered on my scientist if I have nothing better to do, boy there is alot of lore. Especially on the Strain....
  17. Livnthedream

I still can't help but feel that most of the complaining is coming from it not being where you are used to looking rather than it not existing at all. Ie its doing something different therefore its bad.
    Kataryna likes this.