1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Race-Class Options Awfully Restricting

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Naunet, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I'm not going to side with one argument right now but I'd just have to give a little bit of insight: In terms of RP, restrictions can actually be very liberating, funnily enough. Having restrictions RP wise can make you think of creative solutions. I'll admit that RPing in an MMO is something I haven't done to some real extent but I'm an avid PnP Roleplayer and I often work with restrictions given to me by the GM or self-inflicted ones.

I just wanted to say that whether there are restrictions isn't the end of the world because you can do amazing things with these restrictions. In fact, when you see that Aurin warrior NPC, it makes him that more impressively because he goes against the norm. Just some thoughts to go think over.
    Irimii and Roland Daemon like this.
  2. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

Oops, Earth, Stone. Whatever. I got it mixed up. :p I'm curious what you think of the random idea I pulled out of my ass, Patrician, if you can get past my purely innocent mix up of very similar words haha.
  3. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I was only correcting for clarity's sake.

And as I said, ideas like yours can easily be done by the developers to give a lore "reason" for a race to take on a new class or a class they aren't traditionally seen as playing if the demand is high enough.

I'm probably always going to be one of those players that prefers the restrictions just because I like that kind of lore, but as I said, if there is an outcry from a large majority post-release that more classes should belong to more races I wouldn't mind seeing what the developers come up with lore-wise to explain such things.

It's probably why I adore the restrictions being in now, at release. It allows for even more potential for story and lore growth if they decide to build on it later and open things up for reasons involving Eldan technology maybe, or stuff going on on Nexus.
  4. Lyas Tyrell

Lyas Tyrell Cupcake-About-Town

Still feels like Granok are getting a bit of the shaft. They will probably be able to be Engineers, but I doubt they'll be able to be the Main-Healer class.
  5. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

It's been confirmed by the dev team they will get both unannounced classes, so yes, they will get the main healing "crook/staff" class, which I have internally dubbed the "Mystic."

My guess is Granok who follow this path will probably have something to do with atoning for what they did on Gnox in breaking the Way of the Stone, but that's just a guess until I hear more.
  6. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I'm on the side of Lore. As a role-player, or hell, just as a person who loves depth and lore, restrictions are a very big positive.
    I do understand the frustration, though. And I'm not saying its wrong to want more options, but I just feel to stay true to lore does more justice to the story and the game as a whole.
    Ender likes this.
  7. Naunet

It's a good thing I'm not advocating for breaking lore, then. :p
  8. ImmortalExile

No, I know, Naunet. I wasn't implying you were. I was just stating why I preferred it with restrictions.
    Honestly, even if WildStar had that freedom you'd desire, I wouldn't care. I just want to play!

... And I want to know the last two races and classes! Lol.
  9. Naunet

Hahaha I totally hear ya on that. I'm on the edge of my seat! The edge of my pants!

Uhm.

Well, one of those two. Maybe both. I'll leave that for you to decide.
  10. ImmortalExile

*Uses imagination*

;)
  11. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you volunteering the answer to the Podcast question? Pants or no pants? :p lol
  12. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

You know very well that pants are and always will be optional.
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

yup, you always have the option to wear a skirt! :D :laugh:
  14. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

It's a Kilt, dammit! ;)
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. Naunet

Back when I was playing WoW, I was an ardent supporter of the guild <Raids Without Pants>. :3
    Kataryna likes this.