1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Race Height Charts

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by ruff_ethereal, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

frzn, BStrait57, Domi Dayglow and 6 others like this.
  2. hoss87

hoss87 New Cupcake

I'm guessing if male Draken had a better posture they would be taller :p
  3. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

ooooooow aurin so awesome and tiny:D
  4. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

"Humain". xD

Thanks for the charts. :)
  5. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

Aurin males need to lose another .2m and they'd be perfect.
  6. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

I am not surprised the Dominion's pet Cylons are the tallest, Killbots have to be big. They are just in for a surprise I guess when their cylons go rogue!
  7. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Why are the mordesh 7' tall? Geez... 6'4" or 6'7" would have been good enough... I like that the Aurin are below 5' though. :)
  8. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

Dem granok ladies...

Also, hoping Carbine is on top of ensuring that hitboxes aren't differently-sized at all, ie an aurin is actually the same width as a male granok for gameplay purposes.

We don't want aurin/chuas to be the best choices for PvP. :\
  9. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Carbine has stated that hit box sizes are normalized for all races.
    Destian likes this.
  10. Destian

Awesome!!!

I assume they've also stated that telegraphs will be the same size, regardless of race, right?
  11. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I have not seen that stated, but I feel it is implied. I have not noticed a difference in any of the gameplay footage I've seen.
    Destian likes this.
  12. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

They did state that hitboxes are the same regardless. (During one of the livestreams, IIRC). But... they did note that chua and aurin had an easier time skulking behind terrain, so you're going to have to keep an eye out for the little ones.
    Destian likes this.
  13. Destian

I figured it would.

I ask because Tera had huge issues with this, where certain races had different animations for attacks and therefore had some very different ranges and whatnot. Some races would actually travel forward much further during attacks than others.

All in all, very imbalanced, but I'd be stunned if Carb made the same mistake.
  14. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Certain races will be looking at a lot of mob crotch... Thanks for the chart. Confirms my impression of race sizes from watching the videos.
  15. Itharius

Itharius Cupcake

Now that the NDA has been lifted for the press, I've noticed that male Draken sometimes stand in an upright posture, in which case they're a few inches taller than the females.
  16. Tayle

Tayle Cupcake

Why are 4 races above 2 meters? (assuming male Draken is taller when standing up straight). Personally I would prefer if Draken and Mordesh were shorter (But taller than Humans). Making Granok and Mechari the tallest. The height of the 4 tallest female now; 2.00, 2.15, 2.15, 2.20. I just think it's too similar tbh.
  17. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I actually agree its seems like everyone are giants expect the humans and the furry races.
  18. Itharius

Itharius Cupcake

I wouldn't call 2 meters "giant." 2 meters is about 6 feet 7 inches, which is just over the average height of an NBA player. We're in a future science fiction universe in which everything is genetically modified and we're all swinging around humongous swords and firing massive handcannons. Mordesh are about 7 feet tall. The only really giant races are the Granok and the Mechari males, which is about right.

My only gripe is that humans are too short. The male height is 5'11". You'd think that a healthy diet of space turnips and gene therapy soup would result in being slightly taller than that. Say, 1.9 meters, or 6'3". Also, their height isn't distinguishable enough when silhouetted against Aurin, imo.
  19. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah they are not giants but you get what I mean the 4 races are generally taller than humans and not much variation in height with the exception of the hunched male drakken but standing upright prolly not much either.

5'11" is an average height actually and humans are in a sense the mario of any mmo so can't really complain about it. Kinda wish the mechari and granok were a little more taller and mordesh and drakken a little bit shorter honestly.
    Tayle likes this.
  20. Itharius

Itharius Cupcake

I mean, Draken are savage, bloodthirsty killer dragonpeople, so I'd rather them remain taller than humans. I agree that the Mordesh seem a little too tall for space zombies. I'm going to stick with the opinion, however, that the problem is with humans being too insubstantial, especially the males.