1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Race Height Charts

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by ruff_ethereal, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Nothing wrong with the draken being taller than humans personally male draken is fine hunched over like that, female should be a little shorter. modesh looks awkward at the height they are in, in comparison the only thing that sets them apart compared to the granok is mass.

Honestly bring the mordesh and female draken to the male draken level would be good (you can make modesh a tad taller or shorter to not make them the same as draken).

This is all nitpicking anyway and this is all going by the graph anyway.
  2. Tayle

Tayle Cupcake

From watching all the streams lately the Mordesh does indeed feel uncomfortably tall. I don't know if it's the fact that they are so human-looking because I think Mechari and Granok are fine :cautious:
  3. Spracket

Spracket Cupcake-About-Town

Mordesh height is the only thing keeping me from making one.
    Tayle likes this.
  4. King Radinov

King Radinov Cupcake

I'm not sure if I would personally go that far, but they are seemingly way too tall (opinion). Something feels off to me, as if that height just isn't natural for them. That thought doesn't make any sense really. It's not based on anything, but I can't help but look at some of the Mordesh characters I've seen made in game and think "That just doesn't look right." I personally do hope that they tone the size down just a bit. My first choice for a character would be a Mordesh. Right now, though? Probably not.
  5. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

There does seem to be a large height disparity between the different races. I agree with you that even though they are alien races and I have no reason to think it I still do.

This most likely will not change due to the fact that Carbine would see clipping issues with armor and the like. It is also the reason we will not see height/weight sliders and their ilk. I don't think their engine is designed to handle it easily.

I think the best we can hope for is that larger (or smaller for that matter) body types will not see accessibility issues in-game. (Think body type 3 in SWTOR where they couldn't reach a certain datacron).
  6. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

ya I sooo wish Male Aurin had longer torso and slouch just a little to make them look more ferral and scrappy.. how they run is funny though :)
    Domi Dayglow likes this.
  7. Ares

Ares New Cupcake

Man, the Mordesh and Mechari silhouettes really are almost copies.
  8. Spracket

I personally just don't like to play tall, lanky characters. Honestly, it isn't the height itself that bothers me so much, but when you take into account how they're built overall, well... this is the first thing I think of.

[​IMG]
    Sonntam likes this.
  9. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Yeah, big wonky colossi of characters still don't seem as fun as furry little pros.
  10. King Radinov

King Radinov Cupcake

The lanky-ness is pretty off-putting to me as well and you might have hit it right on the head. That might be the "real issue" that was bothering me the most. Still, despite all that I think they are the race I'm looking forward to the most so I might just have to bite the bullet if no further changes are made. It's them or humans for me.
  11. Spracket

Yeah, now I have to convince my friend that draken are cooler than mordesh so I can get me some chua action.
  12. Perigon

Perigon Cupcake

Considering the worldwide height average for a human male is under 5'8", 5'11" is actually above average.

I think the height for humans is bang on for this type of game. I'm okay with the other races' heights, but like most people I would have loved the option to vary each races' height a little bit at least.
  13. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Considering the average height for people has gone up over the centuries I think 5' 11" is a decent human average for future people. Average Male height worldwide at the moment is around 5' 6", but you can go into any middle ages castle or old preserved sailing ship and bang your head repeatedly to get a first hand flavour of how short people used to be (probably much closer to 5' or less).
    Sonntam likes this.
  14. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

What about the Min height to the races. How much smaller can I make a Aurin.
  15. Tayle

Tayle Cupcake

Well currently you can't change height, so :cautious:
  16. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Every race is so puny... while the Mordesh are like

[​IMG]
  17. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Unfortunately, the only real way to be able to change your aurin's height is with longer ears. It's okay. Our longer ears and wider variety thereof are part of what makes us superior to those smelly chua!

Height has increased for people over time. Some of it is due to genetics. A large portion is also due to improvements in people's diets. That being said, it's not unreasonable to think that future people would have learned a little tinkering in their genome to gain height even faster or also create more yummy and healthy food to provide the raw building material to reach that height.

Likewise the small, stunted chua probably eat their own young.
    Raarsi likes this.
  18. Drunkatm

Drunkatm New Cupcake

Man average height seems short.who these short people bring us down?

Seriously thow, for the game the height for humans seems ok.
  19. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

*Raises hand* I'm a below-average height male, sorry for bringin' you down Drunkatm. I'm also a big fan of having different height sizes in an mmo per race, even if it's just four body-type options (swtor). I enjoy playing a shorty who is still #1 on the meters. It really annoys some people to be beaten on the meters by a shorter char and I find that hilarious. So if there's any way to make a Chua even shorter you better believe I'll select it.

That being said, lore-wise I imagine height variation should be based entirely on the home-worlds of the various races. Perhaps the Aurin and Chua home-worlds had pretty intense gravity, while the Mordesh evolved on a planet with lower gravity. If the Draken evolved on a planet with lower gravity it might explain why they have giant heavy horns on their heads and feel the need to slouch so much on Nexus.

As pointed out by Hoody, this would make for an extremely unfair basketball game on Nexus. But it does make me wonder if the Aurin's NBA is populated by famous female players, and their MNBA is known for players with good fundamentals but still watched less.
  20. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

I like the mordesh hight. The more I look at the race, the more I think of night elves from wow turning to alchemy to regain their immortality and it going very wrong.
    Mordesh= Forsaken night elves= win