1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Racial Accents

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Hoody, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

I've been thinking about this and I thought it would be interesting to talk about. Even though we have heard almost all the races talk but those were only 1 person from each race. Is there a possibility that each race has it's own little special accent? Humans could possibly have a more southern drawl (because of the games obvious western theme). I even heard Cassians have different ways of talking because of which society class they are in. From what we've heard from Malvolio he has a proper British accent. Maybe the lower class has a more cockney tang to their voice?

And not to mention the new races, which we haven't heard at all. Sure, we've heard a Chua scream and laugh maniacally as it pulled pranks and tinkered it's little heart away. And we have heard a Mordesh "ssssh" his little squid in a bottle very creepily. I have heard the Mordesh sound very poetic, so they may have a very dreary sound voice such as Raven's from Teen Titans. The Chua are crazy little inventors so they may have some sort of quirky voice, maybe like a high-pitched Albert Einstein? What do you guys think?

(Also keep in mind the races I didn't talk about: Draken, Granok, Aurin, and Mechari... Hey, robots might have accents who knows :p)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Exile Humans:

Cassians:

Mordesh:

Chua:

Aurin:
    They just nibble away! ;)

Granok:

Mechari:

Draken:
    Is screaming/yelling an accent?
    ruff_ethereal and Domi Dayglow like this.
  3. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

I think Mordesh should be Spanish, Italian, or as Extatica said maybe Russian. The mechari can sound like stephen hawking. The chua can have a new zealand accent lol
  4. Buttches

Buttches New Cupcake

If the Mordesh were given a Russian accent then I would have to make the switch from the Dominion to the Exiles.
  5. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

I think Mordesh should have a more Romanian accent. Kind of a tribute to the whole "I am a mad scientist who is also kind of like the Frankenstein monster" feel.
  6. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

We are Mechari you will be assimilated resistance is futile

Jephilos, Malorak and Hoody like this.
  7. Ashardalon

Ashardalon New Cupcake

Dat talking stone.
  8. Mimsy

Mimsy New Cupcake

I'm sure you meant this with good intentions, but it might be worth nothing that what you're hearing when Stephen Hawking exerts the ungodly amount of effort required to produce speech is actually a speech synthesizer. To suggest that this is a theatrically produced accent, or that it can be reduced the speech of a cartoon is...well, I want to assume that you didn't actually mean this to be as insulting as it might read. As a community we have a social obligation to consider what our input means, what we imply, and what the ramifications of both actions have. Stephen Hawking is one of the greatest minds of our time, within a body that simply doesn't operate like others. His voice is an artifice, produced so that we can interact with him on our terms. It isn't open to option as a character.

*take this with a grain of salt. I don't think you meant this as it read to me...but it was an opportunity to consider what we suggest when we reduce cultures or individuals to caricature. Romania is more than Bram Stoker, and the British are more than raging imperialists. /endrant.
    Eternalfootman likes this.
  9. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm there's no good way for me to back up my statement here. Suffice to say it was an ill choice of words, and I did not mean it to be an offensive statement.
  10. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

With the new comic that came out, I can't help but feel like Chua are going to have a Russian accent instead of Mordesh...

11. EinsamWulf

EinsamWulf New Cupcake

Someone mentioned this on reddit and after re-reading with the Chua having a Russian accent it just made so much sense.
  12. Lokno

Lokno New Cupcake

I'm think the Chua cadence is somewhere between Stitch and Jumba
  13. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

I am not sure the Chua are capable of anything other than loud snickering, screams, and maniacal laughter.
  14. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Well, I didn't want to sleep tonight, no sir. Thanks, Exatica.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

You sick ****!!!!!!

No actually, female aurin probably all sound like stereotypical Japanese girls with their high-pitched squeaky voices. The boys probably sound like prepubescent or early pubescent humans.
  16. Echo

Echo Cupcake

At first I could see Mordesh with Russian accents but after looking at the comic I can totally hear a vampire like voice come out of their mouths because when you look at Victor Lazarin he kinda looks like a vampire.