1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Random Kat Asks, Again!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kataryna, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Pyaray

Pyaray Carbine Studios

First video game I played was the stand up Pong arcade machine.
    Then my parents got me an Apple ][. Not actually a game machine, much more general purpose, but I certainly played games on it.
  2. Brezals

Brezals Cupcake

My first video game was Rayman, on playstation 1. I remember how a butt that game was to me. I never completed it because I kept failing at certain areas. I actually went back and played it just a couple months ago, and I couldn't even get so far I had when I was like 5-6 years old :S
  3. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

First game was PONG. Still in my mother's attic I believe.

First system.. was I think Colecovision or the Atari 2600. Also had a commodore 64 with the floppy drive (so BA).

After that I had a Sega Genesis and a Playstation. First Video Game's I really loved were Karateka on the Apple IIe and mechwarrior on a IBM PS2. That game was all of 1.378 meg and it just ROCKED!
  4. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Konoko likes this.
  5. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Duck Hunt, Mario Bros ^^
  6. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

prolly duck hunt/Mario bros on the first Nintendo system, it was combined into the one game so I don't really remember which one I did first lol Mario 64 was the first 3d game I played though..i remember how hard rotating a camera seemed at the time
  7. Eight8Eight

Eight8Eight Cupcake

Well like most people my age it's going to be something Nintendo related although the game that has the most memories and that I still consider my favorite game series is Quest for Glory 1-5 with Quest for Glory 4 - Shadows of Darkness being my favorite of the series. It was an awesome game made by Sierra. I think it might have been the first game that allowed you to save your progress from the first game and import it into the second game and so on.

I have it from Good Old Games and revisit it about once a year

It was the Nintendo Entertainment System, was lucky enough to get it the first day it was out with Super Mario Bros and Tiger Heli
  8. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

played some tanks game on who knows what console ... u played 2 tanks in a 2d aquare trying to kill each other...
  9. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I think the first game I played was this really old fighting game with beasts or something on a really old IBM computer lol. I have no clue what the name of the game was to be honest though, or maybe it was Mechwarrior, I totally don't remember it's been so long. >.<
  10. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

My first gaming console was an Atari 2600. :) I don't remember the name of my first game, but I do know it featured frogs. You had to jump up and capture flies.
  11. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

My first game was Sonic Adventures on the Sega Dreamcast... *sigh* Good times...
  12. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

For better or worse, my first game was Commander Keen. Got it on a steam sale again recently. Still love that game.
  13. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Pong! I was 6 or 7, my uncle who was 10 years older and living with us at the time, got an Atari as a graduation prezzie. He didn't want me to come near it even, and would only let me play sometimes. Then there is a big blank in my memory, and then I remember PacMan :D
  14. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    The first system I remember playing with was a TRS-80 ohhh the syntax errors we'd get when trying to play games, played Pac-man and Centipede . First system I bought myself as an AST 486. Doom, Duke Nukem, it was a side scroller then, and Orc's and Humans. How I'd love to have those games again.
  15. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

hmm my memory is bad most of the time but lets see, I remember booting games up on DOS Wolfenstein ?

I kinda remember having a system that used cassete tapes and a keyboard I think at one point hmm...

I remember playing Centipede with a joystick at a freinds house and playing pong aswell too I think arrgh...

I guess the clearest memory though is playing on the Nintendo with Mario, Duckhunt and some football game on a 3 in one games cartridge I still got my old Nintendo somwhere but the power pack is busted, damn wish my memory was better heh... remember kids drugs are bad M'kay :p

I've always been playing on games as far as I know literally since before I can remember hah
  16. HOLYTHUNDERSATAN

HOLYTHUNDERSATAN New Cupcake

What is the first video game you remember playing?
    My first game I remember playing is a Dutch game called "Oma's speelzolder" It translates to "Grandma's Playing attic" (Oh god that sounds wrong) It's a very very basic point and click game where you find stuff.
    What was your first gaming system?
    I played this game on windows it was even before the "95 naming.
  17. PatriotBob

PatriotBob Cupcake

First video game? Maybe rampage?
    First "console" was my 386 with EGA graphics. Some manner of games on 3 1/2 and 5 1/4 floppies. I guess I could go with the Atari and all that jazz if you need a proper console.
  18. BadCat

BadCat New Cupcake

First game: Zork I (DnD Red Box if you want to be tecnical was my first)

First system: Texas Instuments (don't remember the model...)
  19. Lyng

Lyng New Cupcake

Hmm played on the pc first, but first game for a console would be this:

[​IMG]
  20. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

I remember it was played via a tiny box plugged into the television. And the games were supposed to be tennis and football, but were essentially the same thing. With tennis you has one vertical bar each side and a square ball was batted from side to side. The football just had two vertical bars either side.

It was still fun, at the time :)