1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Random Kat Asks: Marshmallows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kataryna, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Well, it's about time I posted another one of these - been waaaay too long since I have, it's mainly 'cause I haven't had any good ideas of WHAT to post! However, today I had hot chocolate so that's where it's coming from, lol!

So, today's Random Kat Asks question(s) is(are):

Hot Chocolate - With or Without Marshmallows???
    Do you like the small crunchy kind of marshmallow that comes in the little packets?
    Do you like to throw in a handful of the mini marshmallows?
    Do you like to throw in a couple of the HUGE marshmallows that are usually reserved for smores?
    Have you ever made marshmallows?

That's the question(s)

Now for my answers - With Mini Marshmallows, and I've got a marshmallow recipe I've been meaning to try for a while, just...gotta get around to doing so!
    Siflay likes this.
  2. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Hot Chocolate without marshmallows! Although I do like marshmallows I like me some really good chocolate more and prefer that nothing distracts from the chocolate :D
    Made marshmallows once, like 7 years ago or something - ended up in a disaster :p
  3. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana Cupcake-About-Town

Marshmallows are for S'Mores and Sweet Potatoes ... and Rice Krispy Treats. :cool:
  4. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

GODS now I want hot chocolate. High of 59 degrees today so perfect for the weather here. As for the question...HUGE Marshmallows please. YUM :)
  5. atom

atom Cupcake-About-Town

1.) With. Always With.
    2.) No. Homemade only.
    3.) Usually 2-3 of the square ones I have.
    4.) I've helped my grandmother make them. Marshmallows & Hot Cocoa are her thing. She makes them constantly and even makes flavored ones. They're great in coffee too!
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

I do love hot chocolate but marshmallows are nasty. Anyway, where I'm from we don't really have a choice when it comes to a marshmallow type, it's usually only the ones that you would put on a stick when camping or some huge colored stuff the size of your hand. So, pure hot chocolate for me and no marshmallows in anything, ever.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Why do you think Marshmallows are nasty?
    Here's the mini marshmallows I was talking about - they're yummy :)[​IMG]

and here's the marshmallow recipe I found
    http://www.lovecookeat.com/maple-marshmallows/ though I'd probably just make them vanilla instead of maple...
    Irullan likes this.
  8. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

They are basically sugar, corn syrup and water. I'm from Europe and I guess I'm just not used to food being made of just sugar and corn syrup :)
  9. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Marshmallow situation in scandinavia is not that good tbf. There's like two varietys one being horrible swedish one, and other Rocky Mountain Marshmallow. I like the latter ones quite a bit.

We don't quite have the culture for marshmallows here, I have to admit it's the first time I actually hear about hot chocolate with marshmallows.. How do you even do that?
    Kataryna likes this.
  10. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

I usually enjoy some of the mini marshmallows like the picture above, that being said though I have never tried the larger marshmallows in the hot chocolate. Sounds like something I need to look into.
    Kataryna likes this.
  11. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not a hot chocolate drinker anymore, but when I did it was better with marshmallows.

Do you like the small crunchy kind of marshmallow that comes in the little packets? - No...ick!

Do you like to throw in a handful of the mini marshmallows? - YES!

Do you like to throw in a couple of the HUGE marshmallows that are usually reserved for smores? - YES! If I have some. Usually just have the small mini ones.

Have you ever made marshmallows? - Nope. Sounds fun though.

The best marshmallow to melt in drinks is a peep. :) Then you can sit there making little peep screaming noises and start yelling "I'm melting! I'm melting!" (in your best wicked witch voice of course)
    Kataryna likes this.
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Just grab a marshmallow (or handful of mini marshmallows!) and put it into the hot chocolate! then the melty goodness of marshmallow will go into your drink - and if you finish the hot chocolate before the marshmallow is melted all the way you have a warm yummy gooey chocolatey marshmallow to eat!
  13. Infamouz

Ok, does the hot chocolate have to be like extremely hot for the things to melt? How does a marshmallow melt in a liquid? Not being sarcastic, just clueless :p

Only experience I have about melting marshmellows is from roasting them over a campfire. ^^

Are you like suposed to eat it from the hot chocolate, or drink it?

I am such of a marshmallow noob haha. :p
  14. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

a Marshmallow is pretty much just fluffy/aerated(air added) sugar - so going into the liquid will start it melting, but hot liquid will melt it faster (just like if you hold a marshmallow in your hand it'll get sticky, but if you put it over fire it melts). You can drink the hot chocolate then use a spoon to eat the marshmallow, or take bites off it while you drink or you could tear up a big marshmallow into smaller chunks so you can drink a bite of marshmallow while you drink the hot chocolate.
  15. Infamouz

Okeys.. I shall try this. I think I still have some marshmellows laying around after we had a trip to beach with the kids where we barbequed a little on open fire and made marshmallows after. They're not the freshest, but it´s all i've got. :p

And sorry for asking stupid questions, I'm sure it´s not really rocket science, but better to ask from the experts! :p
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Marshmallows eh?

With. Small ones.

Do you like the small crunchy kind of marshmallow that comes in the little packets?

Never heard of small crunchy marshmallows before, so I don't know.

Always.

Do you like to throw in a couple of the HUGE marshmallows that are usually reserved for smores?

No. Too big.

No. No idea how LOL.
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

The little marshmallows that come already in the individual hot chocolate packets like the picture below - before you put the water in they're hard and crunchy - not NEARLY as awesome as the mini marshmallows posted the picture of earlier in the thread.
    [​IMG]
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Oh okay. I don't mind those ones actually. They've never been hard 'n crunchy for me. :p
  19. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

eh, not a marshmallow fan

I just make hot chocolate with chocolate milk and two packets of the mix stuff instead of one
  20. Rummie

Rummie New Cupcake

- It's gotta be tiny marshmallows or no marshmallows at all.

- Who doesn't?

- As many as can cover the surface of the mug. Sometimes pyramids of them if the bottom marshmallows can handle it.

- Huge marshmallows are too cumbersome. I've always experienced Hot Chocolate Disasters whenever the mug couldn't handle it's white, fluffy girth.
    Kataryna and Xlugon Pyro like this.