1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Random Kat Asks: Phobias

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kataryna, May 21, 2013.

1. Foxchain

Foxchain New Cupcake

I don't know whether to be relieved or worried that someone else on this forum shares my childhood fear of bees. In my case, I clearly remember the incident that caused it: Getting stung on the ankle by a bumblebee when I was very young (Yes, contrary to popular belief, bumblebees can sting!). As an adult, I've mostly grown out of it, although I will still avoid carpenter bees.

Fair warning to everyone: Don't ever take a parasitology course unless you're prepared to be scared of everything for months. I still refuse to swim in unchlorinated freshwater.
  2. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

Yea, I would never! Heck, don't even youtube parasitic worms on youtube. You will be scarred for life!
  3. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    No real phobias. The thought of some things like extreme heights get my adrenaline going. I guess I get nervous about it, but it is a thrill. Getting tattoo's does that to me as well. My heart pounds until the gun stars and the artist starts working then I relax completely
  4. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Parasites, so you are afraid of women then. Ba-zing! I kid I kid.
    Xlugon Pyro and Inukeu like this.
  5. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I'm incredibly afraid of heights.
  6. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

heights is my most common fear I guess, spose im afraid of other people, being outside and not being in control (but im not a control freak) I just like to know what im doing and where and when and what other people are doing and when, where there doing it if it has a effect on my plans at all so I can theory there actions and make a hundread variable plans on what might happen and the action needed if things require change/go wrong

I dont like worms, flys or large numbers of ants but im fine with the odd bee or wasp and I actually like spiders since they kill flys :)
  7. Caimie

Caimie Cupcake-About-Town

I am incredibly scared of spiders. If I see one, I go into some kind of panic state and freeze up. Lucky I have a brave boyfriend who takes them outside for me (we don't kill them because they are useful creatures). I have no idea where that irrational fear comes from because I love all things scary and creepy.

Another thing I am very afraid of are needles. Again, I have no idea where that fear is coming from.
  8. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

I see what you did there!
  9. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

I am still incredibly scared of the dark, and I'm claustrophobic. :)
  10. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

Acrophobia....aka a fear of heights. Really though mine is contained to open heights over a story. I can stand on a 1 story roof or look out of a tall building (as long as I do not look straight down) with little to no issue.
  11. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

The White Rabbit from one of the older Alice in Wonderland movies - had nightmares for weeks as a child :S Still remember that mad look on it's face.../shivers

Whom ever came up with that costume backthen should be locked with it in a room without windows forever....creeeepy.
  12. Flunk

Flunk New Cupcake

Bees. Holy <REDACTED> those creatures are terrifying.
    Im also allergic to them..
    Alverad likes this.
  13. Mad Water

Mad Water New Cupcake

I hate stuff that is even remotely close to being pointed being near my eyes. Obvious stuff like needles and knifes and such, but even fingers, or when I'm walking under a tree and the branches hang down to head level makes me cringe and clamp my eyes shut. It's sympathetic too. When I watch a medical show and they're sticking a needle in the patient's eye, I freak out a little. Someone described PRK surgery to me and I covered my ears and LA LA LA'ed.

I'm not sure if there's a medical term for this, but I call it eye-pokey-phobia. Absolutely anything else and I'm fine.
  14. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

Spiders - but I carry them out myself most of the time though my boyfriend captures them if they are big.

We use a wine glass and an envelope to catch them (place wine glass over spider, push envelope in between wall and glass to seal them in) and generally just toss them off the balcony, So they don't come back. They land in grass.

Fire and burns - I have a lot of nightmares and have always been more than usually afraid of fire. I hate new years eve cause I fear our home will burn down because of fireworks and I freak out when people get badly hurt in fires in movies etc. I don't want to get cremated when I die because I fear waking up right before incineration.

Blood - not really afraid of it but pass out when I see Much of it (in real life), which is considered a phobia.

I am scared of dentists and doctors too but not so much I avoid them.
  15. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

I might hate and be scared of mostly all the bugs that exist, I don't really know why but little tiny multi-leg creatures just scare the <redacted> out of me, except ants, ants are cool ^^.
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And yet you're going to join the Exiles...wait something doesn't add up here :p

Ps: Ants are cool indeed :up:
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Coming from the faction that actually has a race that resembles insects (mechari). The true bugs have already infested your ranks!
  18. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

Absolutely nothing. :)

I'm pretty practical about fears, I just confront them. The only things that make me nervous would probably be some sort of civilization wide war or something, but I'm pretty resourceful so I think I'd make it.

My first world problems type of fear is being without the internet. Although that annoys me more than scares me.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  19. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

Babies. I don't know what to do with them, how to hold them, how to feed them, how to shut them up. They are the most terrifying thing I can think of. So fragile and helpless. I am absolutely terrified of small humans.
  20. Zaelia

Zaelia New Cupcake

Sudden things appearing right in front of me, Spiders, Bugs in general. One time in WoW I was questing in Terokkar just doing random stuff... rotated my camera right into the Terokkarantula that I did not know existed. (for those that don't know its an elite spider that is like... 30 times bigger than you) I immediately mounted up and ran the hell out of there and was scared to ever go back into that area ever again.