1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Random Kat Asks: Phobias

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kataryna, May 21, 2013.

1. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

I have trypophobia (fear of clusters). Brrrr it really disgusts me and makes my skin crawl to see clusters of small things, especially clusters of perforations. If you don't share this disgust, some google searches will probably aid you in joining the club.

The only clusters I can accept are peanut clusters! Or cluster-bombs taking out a graveyard full of zombies.
    Kurik likes this.
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

3. Dreamy

Dreamy Cupcake

Hmm.. Not really a question I think about. But if I should say a fear. it would be mental illness.. mental disorder or psyciatric disorder of some kind. I mean an illness that would change how I feel, act, thinks and percieve things and just change who I am. That scares me.
  4. okccshell

okccshell Cupcake-About-Town

I have two phobias that stem from traumatic experiences as a child. Snakes, and "small" heights.

I was attacked by rattlesnakes as a kid, and although I wasn't bit and they were killed before they could hurt me, there were at least 3 of them waking up from hibernation and they were not pleased I'd kicked rocks at them. I was about 4 or 5 years old at the time and playing on my swing set. It was accidental rock kicking, but they didn't care in the least. Consequently, snakes paralyze me with fear. We had a 6-inch long garden snake in our bathroom and all I could do was scream for the hubby to come get it. I couldn't move, couldn't do anything.

My "small" heights thing comes from being pushed off a slide in third grade, and instead of tumbling down the slide part, I went over the edge. I landed in the sand on all fours and my head came down and hit extremely hard. This would have been ok had the sand not been covering concrete. I was rushed to the emergency room where they kept me awake for a long time to make sure I didn't go into a coma. Now, all these years later, step stools and ladders cause me to shake if I have to go up one. I try to avoid them at all costs, but am able to overcome the fear when it is absolutely necessary to use one. Note: I adore flying and roller coasters. The "big" heights don't get to me.

My very irrational fear is mice. I have no traumatic experiences with mice, I just get the "collywobbles" and run out of the general area if I see a field or house mouse. Pet mice are ok-ish, but I'll pass on those too. I think it's the idea of not knowing with nasty diseases the creatures might be carrying!
  5. Yianna

Yianna New Cupcake

I dont fear darkness or spiders or anything like that but there is one thing i always look out for in my fridge: Food that has gone bad. I am terrified of accidently eating moldy food.
    okccshell likes this.
  6. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

I am absolutely terrified of spiders.
  7. purplestreak

purplestreak New Cupcake

For me, if it's a bug, and it's fly's I'm likely afraid of it, no lie. Bees, wasp, ROACHES. I HATE HATE HATE flying roaches so much. Those things terrify me the most. Snakes and other things I'm typically okay with, because I can usually get away from them or whatever, but flying roaches like to fly at you and on you and be all gross.

Other thing I'm kind afraid of, is deep water, But that's mainly because I never learned how to swim. Because of that, it's very hard to convince me to get on a boat. All I think about while on one is it turning over and me drowning ><. So yea, boats and stuff, totally out for me as well. My BF tells me I'm like a cat >.>.
  8. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

It's heights for me, I'll brave the climb and all that but sometimes it terrifies me. :p
  9. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Roaches? I f***ing love roaches! They're so cute and cuddly! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
  10. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Bridges. Something about the combination of height, unsteadiness, and water sets me off every time.

I rather like heights under other circumstances, snakes, and spiders. I despise roaches, but it's more disgust than fear.
  11. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

Lets see. Spiders are a definite one, I can't stand the buggers. If I see any skittering around my room or hanging out on a wall then it gets the Shoe (tm). But yeah, if I see a big one outside, I generally avoid it if I don't have anything handy to smack it.

The other one, I'm generally pretty uncomfortable around doctors, especially dentists. After a few bad experiences with those, I'm literally at the point where I can't be treated while awake. If you ever suffered from being unable to sleep right for 2 weeks after treatment due to nightmares, you kinda just say eff this, put me under, doc xD

Edit:
    And oh, almost forgot, this one's amusing me. I have inverse fear of heights. Meaning if I stand next to a tall building or inside a very tall ceiling/hall, I get really wobbly and can't look up for long.
    Though fun fact: When I'm drunk/tipsy, the effect is 100% gone. Was out boozing one night in Berlin, stood next to the TV tower and stared straight up, then just thought "huh. doesn't bother me, cool"
  12. Dreamy

Dreamy Cupcake

Interesting. I never thought so many would be scared of heights and spiders :) Well guess we all are so different.
  13. Awesomnius

Awesomnius New Cupcake

I have a fear of heights. Strangely enough, I love abseiling, I just hate the first part where you have to lower yourself over the edge.

Spiders, I don't mind them AS LONG AS I CAN SEE THEM!!! Once they crawl into my shirt or anything, I freak out.

The Dark: Not so much scared of the dark as I am of ghosts and whatnot. Then again, the main reason for my fear of ghosts is that unlike a person, I don't know what I can do to harm them and as such would not even be able to put up a fight.

Strangest phobia I've heard of is my friend's phobia of cellophane. It creeps him out a lot but he doesn't know why.
  14. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Failure.
  15. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Losing my kids before I go.
    Mudfin likes this.
  16. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

I think everyone who's married fears losing their spouse. After finding someone who completes you so wonderfully, the thought of losing them is like amputating the best and brightest part of your own soul. Honestly, I'd rather face Terrokarantula barehanded.

As for actual phobias, none that really come to mind. I dislike spiders intensely, and do tend to freak if one gets on me, but I'll smash them barehanded if a shoe isn't handy. Oddly enough it's only spiders; I rather like crickets and go out of my way to relocate them safely.

Used to be moderately acrophobic, but I outgrew it.

About the closest I come to a fear is unfamiliar social situations. As a classically stereotypical nerd, I never developed the ability to fit in that most of the popular kids made look so easy. Give me ten minutes in a dark corner, though, and I can map out cliques, alliances, hostilities, leadership structures, and outcasts. At that point, I can usually fake it well enough to avoid irritating anyone.

Or gather the outcasts into a renegade bloc to overthrow the ruling aristocracy. Whichever.
  17. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Well.. I don't like heights either. I'm not always scared of them, but sometimes I get dizzy and I'm not feeling comfortable at all.

I saw a lot of them mentioned spiders. My dear love is afraid of them, but I actually like those little animals. I'm always sad when I have to move them out of the room. :(
  18. Wubzorz

Wubzorz Cupcake

People's knees.
  19. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

I am just scared of high spiders.
  20. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Agoraphobia. :down: