1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Random Kat Asks: Phobias

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kataryna, May 21, 2013.

1. Rhythmix

Rhythmix New Cupcake

I don't think I have one? I know someone who has a fear of cheese though.. Yes, cheese. I don't even know how that's possible. He'll eat cheese on toast though..

yay, friends.
  2. Exanthem

Exanthem New Cupcake

Is there a word for the fear of ever actually having a phobia? It would suck to actually have a truly debilitating fear.
  3. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

My own shadow. :\
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

My hubby got bitten by a baby copper head once, and didn't realize it for 3-4 days. he thought he'd gotten bitten by some fire ants 'cause it stung, but then it kept stinging and itching and hurting, so he had me look at it - and when i did i was like "ummm, there's two small puncture holes in your leg, did you get bitten by a snake or something???" his reply, "oh, maybe that's why it's still bugging me, i did kill a couple baby copper heads the other day!" yea - hubby's crazy. he's also broken bones and not known for several days to a week plus! (he walked on a broken growth plate in his knee for several days, played soccer on a broken foot, gone a whole weekend (twice) with broken thumbs)
  5. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Spiders. Enough that I have actually ran around my yard trying to shoot one in panic... Not one of my proudest moments but I guess it might have looked hilarious if anyone had seen it
  6. Mumba

Mumba New Cupcake

Avalanches, no question about it. And yes i love snowboarding/skiing.

Had to dig up a friend last winter, was the most scary feeling ever the seconds before we located him.
  7. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

Erm... Everything scares me? Most: girl from Ring* (all asian girls with black hairs, ugly face and white skin, ugh), deep water, darkness, worms and all small things, mirrors, being alone; orange, naked slenderman; loud people, loud sounds, bunnies (that teeth, ugh), dogs... And more.

* I look like her with short hairstyle. Need to change to blonde, huh. [I scared myself when I went to toilet on morning]
  8. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

dont like spiders (cant even play arachnea in Smite) and fear of falling ... its not the height thats the problem but the fear of what happens if i fall from here (thats why bungy jumping skydiving is something i want to do and dont at the same time)
  9. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I think it'd be easier to make a list of things I'm "not" afraid of lol, but I suppose my biggest fear is of reptiles, I really just can't handle them at all. >.<
  10. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

Just remember: it's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the bottom.
    Mudfin and Chim like this.
  11. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

im scared to death of raccoons...(long story, lol)
  12. Alaxor

Alaxor New Cupcake

I'm a little bit scared of cats. Not sure why, I just don't trust 'em.
    Whenever their claws even touch my skin or get hooked on my clothing my adrenaline just starts pumping.

From a distance I think they're very cute though :)
    Mudfin likes this.
  13. Valento

Valento Cupcake

Spiders... their hairy legs... moving slowly... very... slowly... while they watch you with their tiny eyes... slowly. ugh
  14. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Some sky diving will cure this... ;)

I actually love the idea of flying so much, so being high up in the air doesn't frighten me. I like just looking down at the world, whether it's in a plane or from high on top of a skyscraper. I've never done any extreme sports, but I'd love to go paragliding one day and skydiving isn't something I'd say no to. :p

However, I will join the "I'm afraid of spiders" club. Spiders really gross me out. Although...I always had this weird appreciation for the Eight Legged Freaks movie LOL. The spiders kind of seemed cool in a way in that, especially the jumping ones. XD

Other than spiders... I'm not really sure what else scares me. I love all the scariest rides at theme parks, and I love haunted housing from Halloween. I'm one of those weird people though that doesn't really get scared at haunted houses -- I just think they're cool. I more so just get startled from time to time, but they're still fun.

Oh! I know what scares me! Horror video games. :laugh: I cannot play games like any of the Resident Evils, Silent Hill, or Dead Space and all that. They freak me out. O_O I love horror films, but I guess when it's a video game, it makes it feel much more real, like things are actually happening to you, since it's up to you to make the right decisions and to survive. It's not really a phobia though, I guess. But honestly, I don't think I have anything that scares me enough to warrant it being a true phobia for me. :p
    Kurik likes this.
  15. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think I've ever had a phobia about something, but there are things I don't want near me.

Venomous spiders and snakes. I don't fear them, but I respect what they can do. Our garage has a lot of black widows and brown recluses. I leave them alone and they leave me alone (except for when I step on them :) ). Poisonous snakes...I shoot on sight.

I'm not afraid of heights if I'm secured such as in a plane or something. You couldn't get me up on the side of mountain though. It's not really a fear as much as vertigo.

Ok...I think I do have a phobia. Shots (not the drinking kind). I was poked so much in the military that I hate shots. I actually break down into a cold sweat and get dizzy around syringes. Don't even try to take a vial or two of blood. I will pass out. Guaranteed.
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

<--- looked at your profile picture and all i could do was: :D
    Lsya likes this.
  17. Tiberio

Tiberio New Cupcake

Fate:
    [​IMG]
    :p

Mine would be fear of falling. Those moments when you're just about to fall asleep in bed and it feels like your falling and suddenly sit up. The sight of blood too, more my own than someone elses would get me light headed.
  18. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

LOL! I'd never thought of that. That's hilariously ironic. :D
  19. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I'm with you on both fronts. Need space and at least a little bit of light. If it's pitch black I'm frozen or jumping into someones arms, LOL!

Mice and rats. Don't really scare but do creep me out. Which is always fun since I live in the country on a farm.