1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Random Kat Asks:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kataryna, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

It's time again for Random Kat Asks! Time for more "getting to know you" questions!

Are you Married? Dating? In a Relationship? Single? Do you have kids?

Does your wife/hubby/significant other game with you? Do you game with your kids?

Me: Married for almost 6 years, have a 4 1/2 year old and 2 1/2 year old. Hubby's the one that got me into gaming, started with WoW back in college, gone to Rift and then GW2 together. Hoping he'll join me here on Nexus! My kids aren't old enough to game, however both of them know the correct answers to "What does Admiral Ackbar say?" and "Who shot first?" (answers: "It's a TRAP!" and "Mal shot first!" :-D ) and our older one knew that when daddy was playing WoW she could tell him "Dancing Bear Daddy!" and he'd stop what he was doing on his druid, pop to bear form, and /dance.
    Kusiga, Ianpact, WakeskaterX and 6 others like this.
  2. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Geez... Why don't you just have my Facebook! :p

I'm married for 3 years now. My wife likes to play games, but doesn't get immersed in them so she doesn't really play with me. She tried SWTOR, but her laptop wasn't good enough. She did love Red Dead Redemption though. We don't have any kids except our two Bengal cats, Malak and Revan.
  3. Vhiral

Vhiral Cupcake-About-Town

I am currently dating and my girlfriend does play video games, just not very often. Although recently she has been taking an interest into MMO's, I might be able to get her into WS.:p
  4. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

Married for 4 years, we've been a couple for 10 years, friends for even longer! My husband is a gamer too, and plans to play WildStar with me (yes!). I was a gamer prior to meeting him, but he got me into MMOs. We have a son, and he does not game with us because he's only 2. One day!
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

don't worry, not all my questions will be personal questions! that's just so happens that the first two have been....they're just random things that pop into my head. this one mainly is to see how many people are gaming couples and how common it is to keep gaming as you get older/more responsibilities.
  6. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I understand, :) Just poking fun :p

I hope to get my wife into WildStar
  7. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

Brutally single......
  8. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Single, and so far made no effort to change that, and I have no irl friends that game:p
  9. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Married 31 years, 2 kids, both girls, 29 and 27. Wife doesn't do MMOs, only games she has played are the Facebook games and the old text adventure games from Infocom.
    Kataryna likes this.
  10. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Married going on 6 years. Wife is a gamer but we have been mostly inactive from the MMO world after WoW departure in 2011, except for 2 months of GW2. 2 step sons, waiting for the final one to move out :rolleyes:
    Kataryna likes this.
  11. arnold

arnold Cupcake-About-Town

Single.

Well, that was easy.
  12. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Single, soon to be engaged with WildStar. :p
    Kaewynn, Dysp, Fate Flyer and 2 others like this.
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

your kids are as old as me :) turned 28 end of last year
  14. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Relationship for 4 years. Game alone and no matter my attempts I just cant explain gaming or why I enjoy it ;P
  15. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Married for 2 years to Patrician here on the boards. No kids.
    And we most definitely game together! In fact, we met on an Aion fan forum just like this one, back before that game launched.
    We hit it off despite an Ocean between us, then he moved to Denmark for me and now I'm moving to US for him (and for me ^^).
    Kethrym, Patrician, Ingsoc and 2 others like this.
  16. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

Married 2 years this Valentine's Day, and yep, she games with me :)
    Kataryna likes this.
  17. Kevin Kevalee Hagman

Kevin Kevalee Hagman New Cupcake

In a relationship going for year 9 now :)
    During these 9 years, she has never "yet" to understand why I game so much :p
    However, she's grown custom to my gaming and accepts it! (I think) :p
  18. Maestric

Maestric Cupcake

Howdy Friends ! Single for about 4 months now. But when I was commited with the other person , she started playing World of Warcraft and she started because she saw it was something I enjoyed and so wanted to share that interest with me. But yea single now and blinking my eye at Wildstar ! :D
  19. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

20. Saza

Saza Cupcake

I'm an engaged (and getting married eventually... if we ever get around to planning a wedding or even get around to giving up on planning a wedding and going to the courthouse). We used to go to the same (extremely tiny) school for middle and high school. We were one grade apart but we were good friends. Neither of us has any children.

Since before we met both of us played many games, so neither of us introduced the other to the idea of gaming. When we were younger we never actually played anything together, but we did talk about them a lot. He got me to play Baldur's Gate and I shared my Morrowind mods with him, things like that. Since we have been in a relationship (which happened years after we left high school) I have introduced him more to MMOs as a whole, though he did play Runescape before. Now we play every game together, though we don't always play as a duo (if it's even an option, I can't even think about how long we sat next to each other both playing Skyrim) and sometimes go our separate ways.