1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Recruitment thread bumping

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Bisqquit, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

[​IMG]

Is there really any need for certain guilds to bump their threads up to five times a day? I appreciate that there is now a lot of guilds recruiting and everyone is eager to make their mark. However, with release approaching the problem is only going to get worse. A few options might be worth looking at, the latter of which I prefer as it's more organised.

A daily, or every 2 days bump limit.
    Only bumping if you have relevant new info.
    Segregating the recruitment forum into regions/focus/faction.

Certain guild leaders may disagree but the number of new guilds is increasing to the point where the first page is changing on an hourly basis.
    Carebear Commander and Kataryna like this.
  2. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

I like that idea.... I'm going to go poke Zap-Robo. :p
    Irullan likes this.
  3. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

Bump!

+1, and be sure to enforce it, either with the use of forum software or via moderation.

Something that has been asked for many moons ago, and should have been implemented a long time ago. Browsing for the right guild is very difficult with all the regions and factions piled up in one section.
  4. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Aye the original one-forum was fine when there was 10-20 guilds plying their wares with friendly(ish) banter between them. Yaks sticky segregated them quite well but it's now obsolete with dead guilds n broken links. Now it's a 100+ cut-throat scramble to the front page.

Personally, I'd go with EU, NA and International (comprising of Oceanic, Asian and 24/7 mega guilds). Each of those split into Exile, Dominion and Undecided/Dual-faction.
    Kataryna and Voison like this.
  5. Voison

Asked zap via Skype... We'll see what the boss says.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

7. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Pro tip: Don't tell him it was my idea! Pass it off as your own and then burn the thread and all its occupants. Sorry Rundo...
    Extatica likes this.
  8. Voison

A lot of people have been asking this. :p
  9. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I've been 'away' so I've not kept up top date. Not surprised though as it's at tipping point. Lot of work though, shifting threads!
  10. Voison

I'm pretty bored during the day... :sleep:
    If zap is willing to set up the forum sections, I'll do the grunt work.
    Extatica likes this.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

Pretty much summs up all the Aurins in here?
    Kataryna and Voison like this.
  12. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

Bring it on! I HAZ A FIRE PROTECTION SQUAD!!

[​IMG]
  13. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

Honestly i don't know why you care if the front page shuffles every hour. Guilds bump their thread to maintain near the top so that players see you. you already had hte other thread closed, point that I was not really keen on 2 threads anyways. But we were told we could bump our thread as many times as we wanted.

There is just no pleasing you guys. you need to chill. We are a new guild clawing for members against guilds with 50-200 people a piece. You cant even have that many in the guild at launch but they still feel the endless hunger for more. We are starting to see an influx now and it is in part because of our efforts in recruitment.

If you don't like us, got it point taken you made your appearance on our other threads. If you want a limit, Cool I don't care but its not a rule right now and hte fact that you care so much makes me wonder if you are a troll since this is the second time ive seen your face making negative comments about us. ( yes i know you are talking about us )

Move along we are hurting no one.
  14. Ippo

Ippo New Cupcake

15. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I came, I saw... I'll consider options. You're right it's unwieldy but unsure whether I should wait on server names (and have individual server recruitment sections) or go with a regional or factional split.

Giving it some thought.
    Voison likes this.
  16. Classix

Classix Cupcake

I wish some of them would put a sarcastic joke or response to the posts above instead of the word bump...

At least I would enjoy reading the damn things a bit more.
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Actually - those of us who use the "What's New?" button up top, instead of visiting each forum section individually really DO have a problem - we have to wade through a bunch of "bump" posts on the guild recruitment side and pick out what's actually relatively new thoughts/info/silly fun/etc. I probably miss so many threads because of it!

Like if I took a screen shot of the first page of threads under "What's New?" for me right this minute there's 20 threads listed and literally HALF of them are "<GUILD NAME> JOIN US!" threads!
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  18. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

Not trying to troll but, I would say that's petty because I honestly have NEVER used that button and did not even realize it was there until you said that. That said, I see the recruitment up there... But honestly there's like... 3 or 4 even close to the top of that page. I don't think that's as big a deal as you are making it.
  19. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

I have two small children (and watch 2 more) - I come on the forums - click that VERY handy button - quickly look to see who's awesomely posting new things - see if anyone's commented on one of my threads, read what looks cool then go back to playing with my kiddos. I can ignore the 10 that are up there at a time, but it would be easier to find what's actually NEW instead of just annoying "bump" posts on guild postings. I'm pretty darn sure I'm not the only one using the "What's New?" button, and I really wasn't exaggerating as to how many guild threads were on the first page of listings when I clicked it. Also - It only shows what's new to you -personally-, so you had different things come up on your page than I did because we all are interested in different things and read things at different times.

And - yes I could technically go into the Guilds forum and click "mark as read" and they'd poof off that list - but that would really destroy what I use that "What's New?" button for - quickly finding threads of interest.
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  20. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

I have children too i know what its like having limited time and i understand your point. I just have noticed a lot of complaining lately over things I personally feel are minor. That said, if you guys make it a rule that's your choice. Anyways have a good night guys and relax a little...