1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Recruitment thread bumping

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Bisqquit, Jan 27, 2014.

1. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

I only bump our guild's thread once a week. We are a smaller guild that is not trying to be defined by the masses. We just are loking to be in the pack of the guild threads and not getting lost in a depths of endless threads. I do agree that some guilds are just a bit aggressive with the thread bumping.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

Next time try Humping your way to the first page!
  3. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

Just being honest
  4. Azer

Azer Cupcake

I just made one.
    http://wildstarguilds.dies-irae.org
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

This post will be highly offensive towards you as a person :D (Just kidding)
    Just some things:
    There are too many grammar mistakes in it. I suggest changing it to make it look way more proffesional.
    BALAKS!!!! Complete and utter BS ;) (also can't is with the ' )
    You do know there will be raids with lower peep requirements, right? Heard of the 20 man raids?
    First: battlegrounds is one word
    Secondly: there is also arena, what about that?
    Thirdly: we still don't have complete confirmation or a deny if there will be 20 man warplots (Unless I missed something, which can happen and sorry if that's the case).

+ how will you make the differences between a guild and a warparty?
    Cause to me the PvP options in this ''guild-quiz'' are also for warparties. Or will only guilds be in that ''quiz''?

I just have too many questions with that quiz, which isn't a good thing. I suggest just giving it a nice clean-up (grammar) and clarify everything a bit better so newbies exactly know what they get. Just some constructive critic for you :coffee:
  6. Azer

Azer Cupcake

I appreciate the feedback. I just whipped it up, didn't proofread or do any design work yet.

Its only for guilds. No one is recruiting for warparties right now.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Already seen the first one ;)
    But I think they will come as soon as we've gotten some ino about Warplots :up:

But good luck making it even better!
  8. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I set a bunch of parameters - Exile, hardcore, EU, elitest, large guild etc - got Warcry
    I then put in Dominion, casual, USA, family friendly, small guild - got Warcry

Useless.

As I said before, unless ALL the guilds use it and are EXTREMELY precise and narrow in their focus, these apps are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
  9. Tronc

Tronc New Cupcake

Like I said anything that isn't done by Carbine isn't going to hit 100% of it's gaming population. This website for example has 16000 ish members. How many will actually play/subscribe? So a quiz or a fan site is only as effective as the general public choose it to be.

I find the information you provided very helpful. I wouldn't apply because of the way they advertised. As I'm more interested in a guild that is focused/niche and not trying to please everyone all the time. But then again there might be technical reasons why the results returned the values they did.

As the quiz is probably very new then there might be only one guild registered. So naturally you would only get one result. As the data must return some information right?

Some suggestions
    1. URL cross checking. If someone is attempting to register an address twice. Just don't allow it's registration. (Yes i'm aware they could just register multiple domains and use forwarders.)
    2. Check Guild name. If it's entered twice flag it for review not automatic approval.
    3. List how many unique guilds are registered/advertised.
    4. Perhaps for those that don't like filling out forms there could be a filtered database/list. So they can elect to use a general search feature instead of filling out the form. Example. EU/NA/Oceanic (This is more to do with the END USERS prime time/play time and not geographical location.) , PvP/PvP/PvX, RP/non-RP.
    Nice effort so far.
  10. Azer

Azer Cupcake

You got warcry because last time i checked there are only 3 guilds in the DB. TBH it's useless until more guilds add themselves.

It shows the guilds sorted by match% so the ones at the top should be the best match. And until there are 100s of guilds you'll get all of them they just wont necessarily be good matches.
  11. Azer

Azer Cupcake

Thanks for the feedback. I whipped the existing system up over lunch, so it's far from perfect.

1&2, i can do manually

#3 I plan do do that tomorrow.

#4 you can essentially do that by answering only the first 4 questions.