1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

[Request] Dev Tracker

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Armstrong, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Armstrong

Armstrong New Cupcake

As far as I can tell there's no easy way to view posts made by the WS developers on these forums (please let me know if there is and I just missed it). Also as far as I can tell it hasn't been suggested here yet so would it be possible to get a dev tracker of some sort that makes their posts easy to find?
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

best way to track them currently is find their forum names and "Follow" them. Or search for their forum names...
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If you click on my name and see who i follow, i got all Carbine people that are on this site in my follow list so you can get them all aswell.

PS: To all others if i may miss 1 please tell me aswell :D But i think i got them all, got 15 people from Carbine on follow atm! + 2 founders of this site :p
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I would love to include a dev tracker however there is no publicly available add on for Xenforo that can do this - only privately developed ones. As soon as I find one, it'll be included :)
    iiFrank and Blankspace like this.
  5. Armstrong

Armstrong New Cupcake

Darn...well GL in the search. :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  6. lusciifi

lusciifi Cupcake-About-Town

For all the flaws that the LoL forums have (and there are a ton) I've always liked to feature to easily see what threads devs have posted in and then skip through the thread to their posts. Is this something that could be implemented in the WSC forums, or something that other people would even want?
  7. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

A dev tracker was suggested and Zap said he'd like to implement one but it would require a 3rd party program. I think this would probably be much the same as the dev tracker in that if Zap finds a program to do it he'll implement it.
  8. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I am sure that an enterprising forum member could probably just start a "Dev Post" thread where he or she finds and consolidates all of the dev posts. Turn it into a sticky and voila.
  9. Brezals

Brezals Cupcake

If you are unsure what I mean by this.

Firefall forums are using the same forum structure as this site, so I was hoping for a devtracker here aswell.
    Here is their version of devtracker
    http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/devtracker/

I find it very useful and makes it much easier to find interesting posts and announcments from the devs.

Something similar between you at Carbine and those at red5 is that you both are a very transperant company. I am so happy to see other companies going a similar route in how the interact with the community.
    I haven't been here for that long, (a couple of days) but I am already seeing much similaries between the dev interaction/transperacy, and the great community, that red5 has.

Here is hoping both these games breaks new grounds for game development ;)
  10. Zap-Robo

Unfortunately, the DevTracker that Red5 is using is proprietary and they're not sharing with the Xenforo Community (the forum software underlying WSC).

This is a non-profit fansite and not an official Carbine Studios property - so I can't borrow their developers to make one for me :)

If a devtracking addon becomes available for Xenforo, you can be assured that I'll see about getting it installed - until then, all I can offer are my apologies!
  11. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

Follow your favorite devs to know when they are posting in your alerts...

Best we got around here :)
  12. Zap-Robo

Kurik and Black Wolf like this.
  13. Brezals

Brezals Cupcake

Okay, Thanks for the answer.
    And terribly sorry that this had already been requested :p

Well if you manage to code one that would be awesome ;)
  14. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake