1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Rusty Hearts

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by VooDoo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

So, has anyone else checked this game out? If you like stylized art (and im sure you do if you're here) and looking for something very hack/slash that plays completely different from a standard MMO you might want to give it a look.

The combat is very similar to Devil May Cry in both the way combo's work and the way the camera is positioned. Its a lot of fun and it feels like you're inside a cartoon. Unfortunately character customization leaves a lot to be desired, but right now its in open beta and will be a free to play title.

Its not going to be that persistent world MMO that most of us crave, but its really not trying to.

Heres a pretty nice gameplay video for it
  2. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I was in the closed beta and quite liked it. Only got to about level 15 because I would rather wait until there's no more risk of character wipes to really invest in it.
  3. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

I was also in the Beta, and it *does* have a few things going for it. There, are "areas of opportunity" for improvement, but for the price (free) it's none too shabby.
  4. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

So I'm playing a bit. If anyone plays on the West server, keep an eye out for my sword-wielder Angela, renamed Esther. Level 21 right now, usually on the Ruska or Georg channel.

It's a good game for just jumping in to kill hordes of things in your spare moments. It's also on Steam now, so that's cool I guess.