1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Sad Panda, Lost a SSD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VooDoo, Sep 26, 2011.

1. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

only 6 months old and my SSD died on Friday (rest in peice(s) :( Coincidentally, my Windows Live account was hacked on Thursday night as well and the hacker screwed me to the tune of $300 on my xbox live account where I had a credit card link.

Ya, this coming from the guy who wrote the thread on account hacking a few weeks ago. Needless to say I spent most of my time thursday night unlinking anything to my MS Live account and spent some time with the fraud detection agency to cancel my credit card as well as microsoft to investigate the hack. Luckily I got most of this done before my drive died friday afternoon, though the coincidence is really strange.

So, hopefully tomorrow I'll have my replacement drive and the dead drive is still under warranty so I'll have a second 120 gig SSD to add to my system for select games. I've already been fully reimbursed for the MS hack on Saturday by my bank, now all I have to do is pull the weeds out from my landscaping to take care of the violation letter I received Saturday morning from the homeowners association and I'll be back on track.

To top it off, my parents ended up having a motorcycle accident on Friday and my mom fractured her humerus. Saturday morning my dad was working on the bike where he complained of chest pains and was med vacd to the hospital with suspicions of a heart attack that turned out to just by some stress related anxiety attack and his heart is fine (thank God). Theyre retired by the way, my dad just turned 70 and my mom is 65.

Ever have those moments in life when everything just seems to crumble? And through all of it compared to most, I've got it really good.

thanks for letting me vent ;)
  2. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Hey, at least this should mean you and your family is out of the bad luck zone for a good while, right?

Also, your parents sound badass. My mom's only 50, but the fiercest thing she'll ever drive is her battery-driven bicycle. Sigh.
  3. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

i never thought of them as badass but ya, i guess theyy are :)

some say you need some bad times to appreciate the good
  4. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

You're doing a great job of keeping perspective. Good on ya! :up: