1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Seriously!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gamm, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

So MMORPG posted their list for best MMO's of 2013

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/8116/The-List-The-Best-MMOs-of-2013.html

All I can say to this list is SERIOUSLY!!!.. FF as number 1. They had to relaunch the game cause it came out so bad. I dont think any relaunch should be listed as the best MMO.

They also missed the mark with other choices. I think some of the smaller titles did a lot better then the ones they mention such as Torchlight 2. I think had a better year than say Star Trek or Secret World.

I always find that these lists are so skewed when it comes to what is best.. who gets paid to write this <REDACTED>..

Sorry got on a rant.. back to your fun exciting forums already in progress.
  2. Kizaru

Kizaru New Cupcake

To be honest, I am not familiar with most of the games but I did try Neverwinter and didn't like it so that says something for everything under it.
  3. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

I thought most sensible people took anything MMORPG.com says with a hefty grain of salt since it's a haven for rabid fanboys.
  4. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

5. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I've learned that most MMO review sites are worthless. They're like movie critics. They live to hear themselves speak and nothing more. They're wrong most of the time IMHO.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I honestly didn't think Secret World was that great. And it was really, really buggy when it launched. It is very story driven, but the problem with that is once you see the story once you know how it ends. It had a lot of potential with its story and lore, but still felt kind of wasted after a play through. My own technical problems with the game and limited character creation kind of left me feeling cheated. It's the first and only time I'll pay a lifetime subscription.

I've decided to pretty much ignore them all now. I'll listen to friends and forums like this. Granted these forums can be really biased, but they are also a good source of information about a game and rumors all in one place.
  7. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

I have yet to pay any lifetime to a game. That may change if it is an option in Wildstar. I would pay for both a collectors and lifetime at this point.
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I'll purchase lifetime after the first month of Wildstar. ;)
  9. Dargenus

Dargenus Cupcake-About-Town

Considering it's an entirely new game for all intents and purposes, I don't see why not. And it's certainly the highest quality game that came out this year.

Well, TL2 is definitely not an MMO.

I'd list TSW as second. Star Trek launched long time ago.

Really, what would you vote for? Just not that many MMO's came out in 2013 worth looking at... I think a better question is, do we even need lists like this?
  10. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

I would vote for any other MMO's than some of those mentioned. I mean GW2 may not have been new to 2013 but the content and polish to me would have ranked higher.
  11. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

the fact their biggest blunders calls WS using a sub a blunder already says their lists are flawed. I do not get why people think subs are bad for MMOs, Some people prefer an Antenna and some people want to get HBO.
  12. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

I want HBO.. Game of Thrones dont cha know..
  13. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Totally agree.
  14. Clarell

Clarell New Cupcake

Beauty is in the eye of the microscope holder. At the end of the day I think my own experiences are what should matter because if I worry about agreeing with everyone and end up trying to debate with others into agreeing with me they're just going to ruin it for me. Leave 'em to their Final Fantasy Lovin' :sleep:
  15. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

rumor is, next year mmorpg ratings will cost more than oscars.
  16. Purpleone

Purpleone New Cupcake

It's mostly the market, Getting peeps to vote for things they have no idea about.