1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Settler possible issues?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by TattooedWalrus, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TattooedWalrus

TattooedWalrus Cupcake

I for one am totally loving the Settler path idea. It encompasses everything I have ever wanted from an mmo and still lets me have combat in large doses. However I was thinking about one possible problem:

I heard in a vid that we know Settlers can make new taxi systems or build up quest hubs, and also create campfires to heal up other players that are wandering through Nexus, but has anyone heard how they are going to combat Nexus turning into sim city with campfires every 5meters? One developer said that Settlers will gain xp from anyone in the world using the campfire they build, so obviously it encourages you to build them wherever you think they will be used or seen. My worry is that there will be an obcene amount of buildings all over the place and might begin to feel cramped and hectic.

I am sure they thought about this and there are multiple ways of combating it such as only allowing settlers to have a certain amount of campfires built at one time or in a certain zone, and also restricting how many of a certain "prop" or building are allowed in certain zones, but I would like to hear what you all think, and how you think the developers may be able to reward creativity of settlers while balancing the need for wide open spaces like MMO's are usually known for.

Psy
  2. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

For the buildings part, it seems more like the Settlers "upgrade" quest hubs, rather than build them out in the wild. That's what they mean by "build up." As for the campfires, that's a good question! I'm almost expecting major hubs to be paved with them.
  3. TattooedWalrus

TattooedWalrus Cupcake

Hey I am going to re post this in an existing thread try and condense things and not clutter up the forum. Can't see an option to delete my thread so if an admin can kill this one that would be awesome. Thanks
  4. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Locking on request. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.