1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Site overload last couple days?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Dyraele, May 16, 2013.

1. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I didn't know where else to put this, but the last couple days I have had problems off and on with the site giving me "Server Temporarily Unavailable" with an explanation that it may be down for maintenance or is overloaded. Is anyone else having problems off and on?
  2. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

Turns out the issue yesterday was some issues at the hosting center. I've noticed myself that it's starting the act the same way as yesterday, so it could very well be a hosting center issue again. Beyond that, I don't know anything more. Zap is the man with all the details so he'll most likely check up on it and keep us updated once he's up and about.
  3. Rivele

Rivele Cupcake

i think it is from all the deranged people wanting a beta invite hitting f5 over and over.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

As Yak stated, we had an issue where the site went for a little lie down and a cup of tea because of the Data Center it is hosted at having a network meltdown (details). The issues has been patched, but the patching they did may have caused it to have a little lie down too at some point.

We also are slowly running into a new set of limitations on the shared hosting - it's not happening a lot right now but you may see "Internal Server Errors" which are indicative of that. I will be upgrading the site hosting shortly (within the next month) to address those.
  5. Byronyk

Byronyk New Cupcake

@Zap-Robo

I am experiencing the same thing as the OP a week ago. Over the past few days, navigating WSC has been exceedingly slow. I assume site traffic is a major cause of this (not technically a bad thing xD)

Do you have any updates to offer in terms of increased site performance/optimization? If not, no worries and thanks for your hard work :)
  6. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Good stuff @Zap youre the man ! thanks for keeping us informed bud :)
  7. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

This, came here looking for somewhere to ask if it was just me or the site going slow, so that answers that then, its the site. Opening the site, opening pages, editing posts, everything takes ages, but not seeing any errors.
  8. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

To answer you guys who didn't know: The site slowness is due to demand overpowering supply in terms of the hosting currently being used. (Ie, peak usage is killing the server pls halp) Zap is going to be working on moving the site to a more powerful host tomorrow night in order to better deal with all this new attention we're getting. You can read more about it in the thread here.
  9. Byronyk

Byronyk New Cupcake

Thanks for the quick response, Yakzan.