1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Sitting" Solution -- Protostar Anti-Gravity "Sitting" Field

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by ruff_ethereal, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

Protostar inflatable hernia ring.
    Patrician likes this.
  2. Elward

Elward Cupcake

Ohh that's actually a pretty good Idea! I was a little put off when they announced no sitting, but this would be nice!

Hey what's wrong with fanny packs! I wear them every day!
  3. Vinbrulè

Vinbrulè New Cupcake

Do you mean something like a holographic device? Maybe with small visual interference during the projection just for rember it's not physically there...
  4. Dpz

Dpz Cupcake

I don't care what sort of problems sitting will cause with clipping and what not, there's always clipping in MMO's and i think people become used to it.

Trust me when i say they will receive thousands of requests with sitting in chairs, this have happened in every single MMO i played where you could not sit in chairs, many of them later added it. Other requests that usally comes up is swimming and fishing. I think it should be a standard for MMO's today except mayby fishing but atleast sitting in chairs. It's such an easy feature and i bet it's very game breaking for those who play on RP servers etc.
  5. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

kaimarshall likes this.
  6. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

Having no sitting animations would indeed be very disappointing. However, judging by the two pictures Tribe posted, it looks we'll be getting sitting animations after all (?).

I couldn't help but to notice how they're both sitting on an interesting spot. Also, the Mordesh sitting animation is so cute :inlove:
  7. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Is this the first time we've seen the "brain bucket" customization for a Mordesh?
  8. kaimarshall

No, they've shown it quite a few times in the past :)
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I wouldn't take the pictures as 100% proof of a sit emote so quickly. Do we know if characters are NPCs or PCs? They could be just decoration. Everything NPCs do may not be available to PCs as silly as that sounds. For example, in City of Heroes, civilians walked up and down the sidewalks. Yet an actual walk emote was not available for years. Even though the animation was possible and in the game.

Now, I love the idea of the sitting gadget thing. The Protostar Fanny Pack! We could even have it produce a 'holographic' like forcefield chair in unique shapes for each race. Like was said before, a lazyboy recliner for a granok or a really elegant chair (complete with wine glass) for a cassian.

In speaking of emotes, the new re-reveal class videos recently have shown quite a few of them.
    ruff_ethereal and kaimarshall like this.
  10. kaimarshall

Domi Dayglow, you're right. I didn't think of that. My excitement took over :(
  11. Domi Dayglow

Don't get me wrong! I wants a sitting emote! The pictures do show that animation, or at least the pose, is present for every race. I mean mechari and mordesh can't be the only races we'll see randomly sitting everywhere. Likewise, it would look silly if every NPC was running everywhere in the cities. Gameplay videos from earlier in the year show NPCs walking. So, we know the animation is there. The question is access for PCs at launch.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  12. Cull

Cull New Cupcake

13. Domi Dayglow

I knows! Extatica just pointed it out to me in another thread. Now I'm happies! Yays!

Since both poses kind of suggesting unique animations for sitting for each race, I really wonder how a chua looks sitting now.
  14. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

Actually that idea isn't anything new, have nobody here played AION? >__> They had some emotes which "summoned" chairs(or a flying carpet in asmo's case) already at release:

(sadly can't find any elyos version with literal chair).

As for the "click to sit" option(which was obvious since they announced housing, because C'MON) as long as we won't get any height sliders, it's easy to just program different poses for every race/gender combo. I kinda hope for aurins to sit with their legs hanging from the chair... Can imagine my char whining about how "...humans always make everything so freakin' big. Same for the stairs, these BLOODY STAIRS".
  15. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You've got your glasses on?
    That's a fat male Aurin....not a Chua....
  17. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana Cupcake-About-Town

Doctor Hamsterviel is obviously a Chua.

[​IMG]
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

He's a male aurin, as a wanna be Chua....but not a real one :p

(but seriously he's a combi of aurins/chua...he can be both)