1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

So what age range WS players will have?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by HoseMan, Sep 7, 2013.

?

SO what range of age are you?

1. 16 - 22

42 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. 23 - 28

44 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. 29 - 35

28 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. 36 - 42

10 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. 43 - 48

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. 49+

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

Hi, I dont know if the poll fixes here but I would like to know the range of player that WS will have.

I think it's good to know because of the interests and the timetables if anyone has to go to lessons, to go out, to get up early in the morning or late, that kind of things :)
  2. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

Hi,

here are a couple of threads on this here :

http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...e-and-what-you-prefer.4225/page-2#post-109006

http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...d-and-your-current-age.1423/page-3#post-21869

Different emphasis, and assumptions in both, so it is good to see the comparisons... and yours does a full breakdown
  3. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

If i were to do the poll, I think it would of been better for it to top out at 40+ and give greater diversity to the 18-26 ranges as they are generally the average age of gamers industry wide.
  4. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

5. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

Normally I get all annoyed at people making new threads on things discussed before, but there is sufficient time between the last posts of the two threads Sera linked and this thread. So carry on good sir! I consider myself borderline because I will be in a different bracket when this game comes out, so I rounded up in advance.
  6. Usk

Usk New Cupcake

I think those ranges are not that good to compare, "timetables, schedules, lessons" etc are really different for a 16 years old guy than a 22 years old. Anyway I must admit I found really surprising seeing the range from 23 to 35 as the most frequent, its always good having a mature community.
  7. Sera Serenity

That would be like comparing apples and oranges, both are fruits, but a cross correlation would only result in meaningless comparisons... such as "left handed people die younger" [1]

[1] http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23988352
  8. Sera Serenity

Interestingly this age range has been identified as the average age of MMO players, for example the quote below is from the Daedalus project in 2004 [1], which surveyed 35000 MMO players. Also the survey found that on average female MMO players were a few years older than male MMO players.

One point I could not find discussed in the project is associated response error, i.e. is this result due to variation in age related survey responses ( see for example the effect of age related response to post surgery pain surveys [2]).

[1] http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/gateway_demographics.html
    [2] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23801062
  9. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

Hi everyone, I didn't know how to cut the range of ages and I thought of the "life ages" if I can call it like this.

The first is more for a school student, next we have maybe a high school student or a worker, then more mature persons maybe live alone, with more responsabilities, next maybe we have for sure independent people or maybe dads and moms for sure people with a shorter amount of hours a day to play than the first ones...

I dont know, but its done now :p
  10. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

im 13 about to turn 14 today:D!!!!!!!
  11. Usk

Usk New Cupcake

In my opinion thats becouse new generations aren't really interested in MMO's, they enjoy a short game with a good story but not a deep story, such as CoD, Assassins Creed, Skyrim, etc... I mean those are great games but they aren't as deep as most of the MMO's that we have nowadays. They don't like to invest time in content they can't finish. And by the time we were kids or teens the first MMO's were developed, like EQ, UO etc. We grew up playing that kind of games and now its really hard to avoid them :roflamo:. At least thats what happens to me and im not that old, but I started playing MMORPG's since I was a kid and it is still my favorite genre
  12. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

I would think the average age for more traditional AAA MMO's (such as EQ, EQ2, Vanguard and Rift) is a lot higher. I have seen it quoted a number of times that EQ2's average age is low 30's to mid 30's. Which seems a about right. 26 is very young and most MMO veteran players at least that I play with have been playing MMO's for 10+ years if not since EQ1's release. When one looks at a raiders or people that play MMOs for endgame I think your likely looking at older age of gamers than your typical MMO. Given Wildstars focus on endgame, old school difficulty and raiding I would be shocked if the average age is not at least low 30's.
  13. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

I'll start a poll whether you should make this poll have multiple choices or not.

Because I think we have multiple ages in here.

...Also: Under 16 y/o's WILL be in there. And they might be bad's. Or casuals. Or both. But I've met some people, including myself, who weren't even 15 and played well and behaved.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I am a rambunctious yout'!!
  15. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

22 and feeling young :) YOLO, SWAG 'nd stuff..
  16. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

The poll looks shockingly young. I would expect the average age to be low to mid 30's given its attraction to the EQ1/EQ2/ Vanilla WoW/ Vanguard/ Daoc type players.
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Also consider how few people visit this part of WSC.
  18. Sera Serenity

yeah, as Xlugon pointed out the sample size is way too small to be considered statistically meaningful... but I agree with you, I too suspect the distribution would be more skewed towards the older age group.
  19. Classix

Classix Cupcake

Don't understand why people are always stuck up on age. Met plenty of old scrubs and young pros, diversity is what makes mmos great.
  20. The Doctor

The Doctor New Cupcake

over 1000 years old