1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

So what age range WS players will have?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by HoseMan, Sep 7, 2013.

?

SO what range of age are you?

1. 16 - 22

42 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. 23 - 28

44 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. 29 - 35

28 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. 36 - 42

10 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. 43 - 48

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. 49+

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Just seems like plain curiosity to me in this thread.
  2. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

What Pyro said, but I agree with you. I've never been in a guild with an age requirement, and so I've had people of all ages in my guilds. Some as young as 12, some as old as 45+ and everything in between. I've seen annoying and stupid 13 year olds and 23+ year olds that were exactly the same in terms of maturity and likeability. I've also known some 13 year olds who seemed just as mature as the majority of 20+ people in the same guild. Sometimes you go "WHAT? That guy's THIRTEEN?" and sometimes you go "WHAT? He's 23? Are you <REDACTED>ting me?". Point being, judging people by their age alone is silly. :p
  3. Xlugon Pyro

I was in an age restricted guild once. Ironically, the guild leader was some psychopathic witch. Guess she could only put up with her own immaturity.
  4. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

maturity is different from age...... just sayin' bro :roflamo: (am I hip and young yet?)
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Many "mature" guilds are filled with excessively crude toilet humor. Even extreme for my tastes and I usually have a high tolerance towards that stuff. There's only so much sex talk I can take.
  6. Zenatsu

Zenatsu Cupcake-About-Town

I'll parrot what revon said. Guilds put up "only looking for members 18 and up", but what they really mean is "We don't want annoying immature kids."

You could be 35 years old, been in the navy, trained with the seals, and have over 40 confirmed kills. But you can still act like an immature kid, and get kicked from a guild.

I run 18+ requirements in guilds a lot. But when I'm recruiting I never ask for the persons age. I let the "2 week recruit trial" prove if they are mature, or if they are kids.
    Forahilarm likes this.
  7. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I prefer people to be 18+ years of age that way my guildies and myself can talk freely without worrying about corrupting a youngster or having their parents get on the mic and complaining about the things we say.

I also tell potential recruits that there will be foul language and XXX rated talk from time to time so I can weed out the people who might get offended by such talk.

I never made people fill out ridiculous applications but I would interview them before even considering letting them recruit with us.

Anyway, I have met 12-14 year old kids who were more mature than some 40+ adults.

As long as you aren't a party pooper and can play your character with skill, your age isn't going to matter to me.
  8. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

I've always found MMO communities to me can be evaluated based on two levels: gameplay efficiency (how well a player group fares in PvE or PvP) and social activity (how much positive communication occurs within player groups), and age will always be a factor in both. Player groups like guilds, leagues, etc. tend to be higher in both of those aspects with a shorter age gap, typically no more than twenty-ish years between oldest and youngest players. That being said, such groups can also be the most drama-prone, while player groups with larger age gaps are more inclined to simply remove sources of drama.

And now removing the incoherent anthropologist façade, I'm in the mid-20s age bracket, and I've always found myself having more enjoyment with players roughly my own age. With older players, I find myself doing things in an MMO more easily like dungeons or raids, but feeling like I'm in a dull existence when not doing those things and winding up in conversations about kids or grandkids or divorce lawyers or anything I'd be better off listening about from the batch of ancients that make up my family. On the opposite end, I'm at least entertained with players younger than me, but in-game activities can often seem like herding cats. Of course exceptions lie within every rule of thumb, but the goldilocks rule for me in MMOs is finding groups with players closer to my age.

Although it's nice knowing that there are more people playing in my age range, I still know it's not the worst thing to hang out with the kid players or hear a story from the grandparents every so often. :D
  9. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

16-22....so many ears to corrupt with my sailor tounge. 8D
  10. Xlugon Pyro

LOL I've probably heard worse. I would probably corrupt YOU.
    Chronas likes this.
  11. Hezrou

Oh, you haven't heard me yet! Skype or TS around me and you'll know >3 we'll <REDACTED> up the world! YEAH!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  12. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

In my experience the young ones swear more than the old ones.
  13. Hezrou

Yeah, ive seen that myself. It's more funny and stupid than it is cool. Have you seen kids on xbox? I just sit there rolling in my chair laughing at them.
  14. Dargenus

Dargenus Cupcake-About-Town

Moved into the 23-28 age range now.

I feel old.
  15. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Oh, YOU feel old. Great, think I just grew a wrinkle.....
  16. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I am in the 23-28 group but most of the people think i am 4!
    Hope that helps:)
  17. Xlugon Pyro

I can see why.

Just kidding!!! :D
  18. monko

monko Cupcake

I can see 23 - 28 being the majority.
  19. BisonBeeblebrox

BisonBeeblebrox Cupcake

I'm 18 myself, and I'm hoping that the player base will be a bit more emotionally and socially mature than that of WoW (because seriously, I'm tired of those guys).
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Unfortunately I am here so your hopes are completely shattered.
    BisonBeeblebrox likes this.