1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

So, with this C.R.E.D.D system?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Gunghoe, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Picobeat

Picobeat New Cupcake

your reply is kinda confusing to me to be honest, you quoted me but seems to me you don't really understand my side. Im ok with paying 60€ in fact i think B2P is the best way and im even ok with monthly subscription(if the game is really worth it) fee as long as its reasonable and i think 15€ is not and i also think we should be able to try the game for at least a month because i've bought games before and hardly play them now because i liked the "virtual" idea of the game but in the end didn't enjoy it, we/ I live in times where i have less and less luxurious things, buying games and internet is one of them this days, i don´t know about you but i have to chose carefully what i want to spend my cash in besides basic needs, i just live like that this days, very limited options. I hope i made myself clear.
  2. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

I think it'll be okay provided best in slot isn't available for gold (at least not in all slots).

But really, it's a matter of time and money.

Those with time and no money will be able to gather plenty of gold to buy items + CREDD
    Those with little time and lots of money will be able to buy gold to spend on items and afford their subscription.
    Those with a bit of time and money will buy their subscription and spend the gold they earn on items.
    Those with no time and no money won't get anywhere fast in any MMO.

Either way, if you have time and/or money you won't be achieving much without skill.
    Baamz likes this.
  3. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

My fear of P2W in non-existent to be honest. Gold never buys the most powerful items in MMORPGs. People that think this is a pay to win thing, they are mistaken. This is more or less a system that makes people have to grind less, but more specifically get the newly released mount sooner. Or that awesome bouncy house for my yard that i always wanted. Though Honestly if this system is successful, which is questionable, but if it is, this game will remain sub based for a very long time, and reward people for having extra cash and also the people with extra gold. I am positive that there may be luls in the development for a few patches, thus this when some people will have extra gold to buy. I also imagine some nice community event rewards with this item. The fact that this is only for your realm makes me think that the game will be more controlled, thus the prices will take forever to catch up for hyper inflation. If there is going to be always a need for gold, and there is enough things for people to buy with gold, then this system will be fine. Though i do believe that it will be worth more than eve's plex eventually, but it will be a while before this will happen.
  4. Furor Tuetonicus

Furor Tuetonicus Cupcake-About-Town

FairyTails, you should really refrain from ad hominem attacks, and express why you disagree with a point of view.

What Grimnar was correctly stating, is that a supply and demand economy needs a supply. In this case, the demand for BoE and crafted items will outstrip the supply. Meaning that not everyone will get one, even if they do have the gold. Sure, there are a lot of millionaires out there that would love a Konigsegg, but the reality is there just aren't going to be enough for all of the people who want one and have the money to buy one.

What this means for Wild Star, is that there will not be enough BoE items of raid quality on the Exchange at any one time to make any measurable impact on a rich players "pay to win" scheme. At best, most players will only ever get 1 or 2 BoE items off of the AH. There's a possibility that a server with a high population of raiders will reach a saturation point where BoE raid items are common, but that will be on a server by server basis.

And you've got the right of it Gunghoe, there should be absolutely no fear of Pay to Win in Wild Star. There's a distinct possibility that the value of the CREDDs won't match their real world price, and the system will eventually choke itself out. There's also a possibility of a "CREDDs Bubble" that will result in a few very gold rich players on each server who are the only ones who can really afford to use the Exchange.
  5. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I still don't believe there has been any quotes from the developers that say that any raid quality items will be BoE. There has been a bunch of information in various places, so I might have missed that quote.
  6. Furor Tuetonicus

Furor Tuetonicus Cupcake-About-Town

You're right Convicted, but a lot of people are making that the crux of their argument that this game is now Pay to Win. "But if I have gold I can buy BoE's and crafted weapons! RABBLERABBLE!"

All I was trying to do was explain why that shouldn't be a concern even if there will be BoE's and crafted gear that are raid quality.
  7. HoneyKun

HoneyKun New Cupcake

Um, you have to pay $60 to play. I'm pretty sure that's what the FAQs said. No matter what approach you do to get game time, $60 is the one time fee to play the game. Also, another poster made a good point; the CREDD system may negatively impact the looting system. I guess what I hoped for was a non-commitment game to play for a few days, such as a trial period before jumping the gun.
  8. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Free trials open the gates for hordes of botters and gold farmers, that's why most sub based MMO's demand a minimal bid for people to get to try them out.
  9. Kayelia

Kayelia Cupcake

Not really. It'd be pretty trivial to disable all trading for trial characters. I know f2p games will sometimes weaken/disable other core functions like chat to really low level characters. No reason carbine couldn't do the same for trials and trading.

Doesn't WoW have a trial? I thought I heard about that awhile ago.
  10. BonusStage

Now it does, but it didnt for the longest time.

WoW trial dosent allow people to trade/invite to partys/get past lv 10(or is it 20?)/use mail/etc.

Most MMO's dont start out with trials, and add them a couple of months down the road once things settle down.

if they release the game with free trials than there are too non paying customers to ensure a stable launch for the paying customers.
  11. Kayelia

Kayelia Cupcake

Given WoW's restrictions and this, I'm having a rather hard time seeing how trials have any meaningful effect on botters and gold sellers. It doesn't help WoW's trial is free (I checked after seeing your response).

(It's lv20.)
  12. BonusStage

Like i have said, it will most likely have a Trial, but not on release.

Most MMO's wait a couple of months before handing out trials, WSO is already giving every one who buys the game 3 Guest passes(with those if you buy the game you can invite up to 3 people to play 1week for free each)
  13. Baconwich

Baconwich Cupcake

Even without the CREDD system and the exchange market, this would still suck if it were the case. Paying good money for cosmetic gear is one thing, but even in WoW (at least, when I played regularly) all the best statted gear was BOP, whether it was crafted or earned via PVP/raiding. Honestly, the sense of accomplishment that came from crafting my Frozen Shadoweave set would have been nothing if I'd been able to just buy them on the Auction House. Though granted, I never want to do that much mote farming ever again...
    Rek likes this.
  14. deachem

deachem New Cupcake

I've seen some folks claiming that the game will cost €60 at launch and 15€ per month. FWIW, it's actually €45/€13.

There's good points being made on both sides here, and how important gold will be for competitive players at the endgame remains to be seen. I personally don't have any issue with paying subscriptions if I believe I'm paying for good services, but at face value, CREDDs don't look like a they will be a reliable way to play Wildstar for free, and I think Carbine are overselling that concept.
  15. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

But if they don't then why would anyone buy CREED to turn into gold? And if they don't buy CREED to turn into gold then the price of the available CREED would be pointlessly astronomical. For their system to work, people will need to NEED gold, and plenty of it.

Then this game will have a miniscule player population because subscription models do not work in 2014.

It should not need explaining that there is a distinction between elements that a developer actively condones and in fact encourages, and an element that a developer bans people for whenever possible but are unable to stamp out completely.

Because by then it may be too late to fix and the game will deathspiral before they can pull up?

I would probably pay $60 up front for this game. From what I've seen of it it is likely deserving of that. I would definitely NOT, however, want to spend a penny more beyond that, not for a good long while, at least. I am just over subscription MMOs.

Yeah, they definitely should set up some form of free trial, and it wouldn't be at all difficult to limit this free trial experience in a way that they could not harm the game.

Yeah, but it's usually more that they don't want to put the effort into making it until the game is smoothed out. I wouldn't blame them for not having a free trial at launch, but they should think about it. It won't really matter after a few months though, within six months it'll have to go TOR/TSW.

It's a bit off topic, but I can think of a solution that should please everyone on that. They need to make BiS crafted gear, to keep the crafters happy, but they also want the adventurer crowd to feel that you can't just "buy it all." I think the solution would be something like a power crystal or something. Make it so that yes, you can buy BiS gear made by a crafter, but it's non-functional out of the box, like a Christmas toy with no batteries. You then have to go out and find some sort of power crystal midget, which is BoP and suitably difficult to earn, which you slot into the armor, and then it works and is awesome. This way, the crafter is necessary to provide the shell, the adventurer has to work to provide the core, and the result is awesome gear.
    Bigal007 likes this.
  16. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I guess this really isn't the MMO for you then.

The closest you are going to get with this, is what they have said that high end crafted gear will require raiding mats so that you will need to raid if you want to craft those particular items. They continually refute your speculations in practically every interview and video, and yet you still bury your head in the sand, and continually post things that you won't be getting from this game, along with the doom and gloom prophecies.

I really like the quote from the Camelot Devs -

“Camelot Unchained is going to be a niche subscription game,” he explained, “so we eliminate the vast majority of people who won’t subscribe to this game, those who might say ‘Oh no I’m not going to pay a subscription, I want free-to-play.’ That’s just great because by getting rid of them, we say ‘We get it. You don’t want pay-to-play, that’s fine. Go away’."​
    - Mythic and Camelot Unchained's Mark Jacobs on the Upcoming F2P Apocalypse
  17. Baconwich

Baconwich Cupcake

I do kinda hope there's a crafting option for non-raiders at end-game.
  18. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

There is crafting options, but his quote said "BiS", and they have said repeatedly that the best gear will be from the hardest content in the game - raids and 40man warplots for Pvp gear.
  19. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I can see myself, maybe after six months, using the Credd that I earned for possibly using it to start a second account. So that kind of makes me wonder if credds can be items that are mailable to another account or if it's something that the only way it can change hands is by the market.
  20. Baconwich

Baconwich Cupcake

You could always just use the CREDDs on your main account, and switch your subscription over to the new one, if they don't allow CREDD trading.