1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Social clan/team/family aspects in game

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by SiegaPlays, Sep 18, 2012.

1. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

yeah some ideas look interesting, but I'm always careful with complicated system so...
    I like some ideas but the Guild vote is something more of an utopia, don't get me wrong I think it might be nice and would work... in an ideal world. Sorry I had my share of guildies who really changed my views on how a guild should be handle and not for the better. You can put a great guild system and still have <REDACTED>ty (sorry for the term) people messing it up, thus my "I'm always careful with complicated". Just an opinion guys not worth fighting over it XD.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  2. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

This is one of the reasons why I always say guilds are a dictatorship (maybe partly shared with officers), when I am stearing it :p I listen to people and will most likely try to make their ideas work in some fashion if it makes sense and looks fair to all, but they shall have no illusions about who is doing the final decisions wether something becomes part of the guild direction or not. If they do not like the primary direction of the guild, they should not be members in the first place.

One of my pet pews by the way is a unclear and messy guild direction ~ leadership. How would a potential recruit know wether to app or not, if there is no clear and accurate statement as to the primary guild objectives. All guilds should have couple of precise mission statements / focus objectives, rather than stating they do everything from newbie to hardcore. Yes, looking at membership as a whole, they may be doing everything from newbiefriendly activities to hardcore raiding, but what the single members does for accumulative effect is not the same as stating a primary guild objective, which is the one objective everyone work for or at least are not obstructive about.

Fortunately I do not guild lead all that often, only in games where no guild comes recommended by a friend ;)

Still, if a majority of the guild hates my guts or the way I lead a guild, they should be able to vote me out of office as guild leader.

/no more time to textwall it, sorry :p
  3. nilihanth

nilihanth Cupcake

I think the ideal setup for Guild management is a system that is flexible. Make it so a simple basic guild can be operated by a small group of casual players, not having to worry about complex systems and bothersome voting. At the same time, let the more hardcore guilds run a more hardcore system, voting and all. Possibly just have a 1 to 3 tier guild management system. Everyone wins there.

Even allowing a guild leader to simply toggle advanced mode on or off would rid the need for a multi-tier system. Guild members would see what mode the guild is in upon joining and always have a way of seeing the mode status. That way, if a leader locks a guild into simple mode where no voting or other advanced management system is usable, the members could just quit if they don't like it. It always comes down to that anyway. If you don't like a guild, quit it.