1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

soilder class seem's boreing?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Arkimaru, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Arkimaru

Arkimaru Cupcake

im a boss hunter so i would deff take the soilder pass but is it only fighting waves of very week mobs then a boss that drops no gear? i saw in a demo it droped the same as explorer pass but the explorer can call sniper's in etc, i was hopeing soilder would have path seferctic loot like weapons not gained anywhere else, what are your guy's thoughts? am i missing anything?.
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

The only thing I would say is that since we are not even in the outside beta stage, we do not know if the loot tables have been balanced or even completed yet. Too soon to really know I would think.
    Arkimaru likes this.
  3. Phiqu

Phiqu Cupcake-About-Town

You mean the soldier "path" not class mh? ;) Dyraele said already, we know atm only the convention demos. And they work permanently on W*, so we will see.
  4. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Yeh agree its early days yet. Im hoping too they will put a lot of focus on the soldier line, its a natural first choice for new players until they have figured what they want to play. Just give me the BFG !!! LOL but I should think in the Dominion faction reveal there will be more. Dominion strikes me as a superpower / conquering / Empire like faction so prob will learn more when that reveal comes out ...... today ???? maybe ?
    mockingfox likes this.
  5. Arkimaru

Arkimaru Cupcake

what time do they userly post the new wensday special?
  6. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

depends on the week. Sometimes it's before noon PST, most of the time it's before 5 pm PST
  7. Arkimaru

Arkimaru Cupcake

got a ahold of scooter in chat, he said it's ready but they are haveing issues with the website so gotta wait a bit
  8. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

I think the soldier path will be interesting though. It is not my first choice (I'll be a settler for now lol) but really depends on the content of each path. Think about it if we batch soldier as "guys who kill lot of mobs to xp" isn't it what all mmo's are based on killing mobs to xp, sometimes killing some elite/rare mobs ?! so why would it be boring since it's the mainstream idea on leveling in a mmo. Furthermore, I think Carbine will do it's best to keep the fire going for those who are going with this path. How? well they do a pretty good job asking questions to the community and the community hopefully gets what they asked for (please let it be true).
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Yeah I think it will be fine as long as there is plenty of varitey with the objectives.
  10. mockingfox

mockingfox Cupcake

It would be unfair to give the soldier path weapons not found anywhere else. What we could hope for the soldier path would be weapon and armor rewards that are of greater value as opposed to junk drops.
    As for the same rewards being given to other paths (explorer) I believe that each path should have path specific loot, or at least loot that is in style with the path. Having all the rewards be same/similar is uninteresting and undermines the whole personality idea that carbine has been working towards.

(protip: when you OP check your spelling)
    Tiktak likes this.
  11. Jason Sweeney

Jason Sweeney New Cupcake

So warriors make groups of enemies spawn... It'd be really interesting if the number & toughness of baddies that spawned scaled based on how many people you were partied up with. This would give the warrior:
    1) A commodity to trade (easy access to Mobs for XP)
    2) A chance to practice tanking/kiting/team mechanics in a non end-game dungeon
    3) A reason for other people to go and level with them as a social party.

Yeah, that'd be cool.
  12. qqmoarploxify

qqmoarploxify Cupcake-About-Town

Doubt the idea of soldier getting better/more gear then an explorer. As a game developer (Not for Wildstar or I'd be in breach of contract) I can guarantee with 95% certainty that the gear will have the same stats with the possibility of different looks depending on your path and class.