1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Speculations and Observations: Post-PAX Edition [Image intensive >_<]

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by InnocentCivilian, Apr 19, 2013.

1. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Speculation and Observations: Post-PAX Edition

Well gals and guys, I’m getting tired of re-watching every video from PAX I know of, so you know what that means!

It’s time for another round of CRAZY SPECULATION based on the tiniest scraps of info we have! Let’s begin!

IT’S RIGGED
    First off, I’d like to correct a mistake I made in my old Eldan Speculation thread. I postulated that because of the design similarities between the Xenobyte Queen and the ‘Eldan Commander’ robot, that the latter was probably a mechanized version of the former. Now that we have this THIRD similar-looking creature from the ‘What is Wildstar’ trailer, it is likely that all three are different creatures. Carbine probably designed all three to look similar so that they could share the same animation rig in order to save themselves some additional work.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ANNIHILATING THE ANNIHILATOR
    Next, let’s take a look at this Annihilator robot in Algoroc!

[​IMG]

We know from older vids that this guy is terrorising the local scientists and we gotta find a way to stop it. We also know that this underground place where we see a group of players teleporting to is a dungeon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Why would there be an Eldan-lab-type dungeon here and how does it relate to stopping the Annihilator? Possibly we teleport down here in order to power up this device that we use to blow up the Annihilator.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Boom! Story tract in Algoroc complete! Time to head over to Galeras! (at least, I *assume* this is how the zone’s story ends, since it seems pretty darn epic to culminate in possibly the first dungeon Exile players will experience :p)

THE MIDAS TOUCH
    Next we have this seemingly inert Eldan Terraformer

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What’s an Eldan Terraformer doing down here? (And one that’s seemingly ‘deactivated’, compared to this one in Deradune) No idea!

But let’s talk about the other interesting things in this lava-land screenshot! We now know (or at least, can reasonably assume) that the skull with the red eye is a symbol that belongs to the Marauders, or a specific faction within them (perhaps the ‘bootlegger’ term that we’ve seen here and there). That symbol shows up on so much of their stuff, here’s just one example:

[​IMG]

Speaking of Darkstar Marauders, take a closer look at the chair:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It’s the same as the concept art for the Marauder’s Captains’ chair. Not really much of a surprise, since the Skull symbol is theirs. However, what’s weird is that the chair is seemingly made out of GOLD.

Also, note the large, humanoid figures in the background. It’s a bit hard to see in this image (I recommend you watch this bit in the ‘What is Wildstar’ video again if want), but they appear to not only be static, but linked together with chains. Also, they too are gold.

These humanoids look like they might be Grund – one of the species that makes up the Marauders.

[​IMG]

What’s the story here? Perhaps the Marauders’ greed got them caught up in something that was way out of their league. If I had to guess, some sort of ‘Midas Touch’ story, where something transmuted the Marauders and all their stuff into gold (and we have to clean up their mess).

[Concluded in next post due to image limitation]
  2. InnocentCivilian

WHAT IS THIS I DON’T EVEN

Here’s where things get weird.

WARNING: links between various media to follow is based on grasping even fewer straws than usual! ;)

First, let’s look at this giant frickin’ heart thing from what we now know to be “Stormtalon’s Lair”. Damn. That looks EPIC. Also, see the banners on the right?

[​IMG]

Whatever this place was, it’s now owned by the Falkrin.

[​IMG]

That place obviously looks very ancient. But it also doesn’t LOOK like Eldan tech. At least not as we know it.

Ok, now look at this screenshot:

[​IMG]

This fight looks like it’s taking place in an Eldan-ish location, but again, this giant robot doesn’t mesh with the Eldan aesthetic we’re familiar with.

There’s actually quite a few possibilities as to what it could be. Maybe the Eldan just have a wider range of styles than we initially thought. Maybe this is an Exile mech of some sort. Or maybe it’s some other race’s tech.

[​IMG]

Ok. Now still looking at the above zoom-in on the robot, note how on its shoulders, it has this wolf head motif going on? And how on the blades coming out of the wolves’ mouths, there is a human skull design on it?

Even the part below the wolf jaw looks like a set of grinning human teeth. It's an aesthetic that we're not really familiar with.

Wolves also give me a neat segueway into this:

[​IMG]

Whoever built this city, they also liked using wolf head designs in their architecture, as seen on the left. Harder to see are the‘laughing’ head designs above the gate.

[​IMG]

Although this city may look forboding and high-level, I suspect that it’s just a ruined city in Galeras due to its similarities to what we can see in the following screenshots:

[​IMG]

(Note the chains and ‘laughing’ face design)

[​IMG]

(Another face and wolf head)

I would imagine that like in some other MMOs, the colour of the sky and nature of the game’s lighting can change dramatically when entering a sub-zone, such as what this ruined city appears to be. That would account for the dramatic difference in visuals when you’re inside vs being outside. We see the same sort of effects applied when you enter the Falkrin camp in Galeras.

What's interesting is that the Introduction to Galeras article mentions that the Exile forces have been 'driven back to the ancient city of Thayd'. Could this city be Thayd? If so, why does it seem to be all ruined on the inside?

In any case, could it be that there is another ancient power on Nexus? Which would account for the differently-styled tech of both the giant raid robot and the 'heart' thing that the Falkrin are guarding?

WE’RE ALL FRIENDS HERE
    In the Halon Ring, we see members from both factions as well as Marauders all chilling together. Below is just one example: an Aurin and a Mechari mere feet away from one another, and neither of them is trying to kill the other:

[​IMG]

It seems that despite the lack of love between the Exiles and the Dominion something about this town in the Halon Ring prevents them from attacking each other. I’d guess that this town (seems to be called ‘Graylight’) is a neutral one, sorta like Booty Bay in WoW where fights between different factions aren’t tolerated by the pirates who run the place.

THAT’S NO WARPLOT…
    Most of you folks probably already know this, but for those of you who may just be joining us (and there are a lot of you now!) – what we see in the ‘What is Wildstar’ trailer while they’re talking about Warplots aren’t real Warplots.

No, we won’t be getting a ‘deep dive’ into Warplots for a little while, so they just used placeholders. For instance, the Exile base shown is surely the same Exile base in the Crimson Isle – the Draken starting zone.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

By extension, the Dominion base is also probably not a Warplot, and is instead just an NPC-run Dominion city in some desert-ish area.

Mike Donatelli has also said that Warplots are in space (that’s how you’re able to get two to smash against one another and have a battle ensue). At the moment, we really know barely anything about Warplots other than the premise – just another exciting reveal to look forward to!

Ok that's it for now, guys! ^________^
  3. Zee

Zee Cupcake

Well done InnocentCivilian, as always.
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  4. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

That's some crazy connections you have going on lol. I read in the patch notes about Thayd being a sanctuary? If what you speculate is true then it is going to be a neutral zone for both factions so maybe it is controlled by a neutral faction that has relations to the Eldan?
  5. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

You tag should be conspiracy theorist :D
  6. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Jesus man. You catch stuff that I Don't even think about to look.. I should take lessons from you or something.
  7. Rawhide

Rawhide Cupcake

OMG innocent. You da man.

Would you like the number of the guy who makes all of my tinfoil hats?

He does excellent work.:p
  8. Brenner

Brenner Cupcake-About-Town

Well done, as always! Very impressive!
  9. Elward

Elward Cupcake

I always look forward to your posts, and this one was amazing!
  10. Gray

Gray Podcaster

I give this latest entry an 8/10. Well done ye scholar and gentleman ye.
  11. InnocentCivilian

That's it, I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead! :laugh:
  12. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

I don't even know how you do it! It's like you're piecing stuff together from shredded paper and nothing but a whif of gun powder in the air!
  13. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

I believe Thayd is an Exile only sanctuary from a Wildstar Weds from Oct 2012
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The more threads you post the more i think you are some kind of detective in real life, you see things no1 else sees.....:notworthy:
    [​IMG]
  15. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

Great work as always, Innocent. I look forward to your next Thread :up:
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Cupcake

As always, an excellent job on your sleuthing skills.
  17. fallenight

fallenight New Cupcake

very cool collection of info.
  18. Inferiae

Inferiae Cupcake

That was a brilliant read mate, do you fancy a job in the British police force? They could use someone like you. :)
  19. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Your eyes must be bloodshot and you must have the patience of Job. I would have put my mouse through my screen trying to put that all together.

Nice job.
  20. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

You continue to make our jaws drop :) Good work.