1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Spellslinger, Medic or Esper Support for PvP Focus?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ninja Kitten, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Ninja Kitten

Ninja Kitten New Cupcake

Alright so I've yet to actually play Wildstar myself so my knowledge/experience extends no further than my research and video hunting, however I'm still torn between which healer I should play.
    Most discussions I read about the 3 healer comparisons are answered by the general "depends on your playstyle, each have their own pros and cons".
    So I'm hoping for some insight/details on these pros/cons exactly, or what someone would recommend for a PvP focused player who enjoys both team fights and 1v1?

Atm I'm leaning towards Medic for a couple reasons;
    One being they are the most tanky, being the only medium armor wearing healer. Obviously healers are a primary focus in PvP so getting the highest sustainability possible is always good.

Another being they seem to be the most mobile class atm, while casters (or Esper at least) get rooted during cast time - I can see this being problematic in PvP (reducing kite ability) especially against classes with gap closers, regardless of having a much larger range than Medics.

I also know Esper/Spellslinger are more single-target (or linear telegraph?) ranged healers while Medics have centralized AoEs that require you to be fairly close to those you want to heal. I feel this makes the Esper/Spellslinger slightly more valuable as a PvE healer, but again I cant say that from experience so I may be completely wrong.

I have also read the information in Domi's post here:
    http://wildstar-central.com/threads/torn-between-ss-and-esper-healer.8868/#post-204692

So if anyone could help me out with a decision or more details on the differences between the 3, it would be greatly appreciate! Thanks~
  2. pocketemu

pocketemu New Cupcake

depends on what type of pvp you like to play. Although the medic is tankier and can move it also has a shorter range so it will most likely be an easier healer to play due to its passive defense as well as massive telegraphs and easy to hit abilities as well as being the best class to heal shields while the others will have a higher skill cap specifically espers. Just because it has more aoe doesnt mean its good, typically in arena pvp or even battleground aoe spam heals are less valuable because you cant actually save someone getting bursted with them as easy. Also espers and spellslingers have longer range allowing them to heal in the back easily and most likely have some good mobility skills. I suspect that in 5v5 it will become fairly standard to run a medic and a ranged healer for a lot of comps just because medic will cover cleave damage while the spellslinger helps to keep the medic up from afar. Im sure there will be many other options but justy dependson your playstyle. want to be tankier and have more aoe and easy to use then play medic. If you want more mobility and far heals spellslinger, and esper will proly be a more cc based healer if i had to guess
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I haven't really experimented in pvp that much, but a healer Esper can be really mobile. Combined with long range and wide telegraphs, healing is usually pretty easy. Plus targeted heals for backup.

I hate to say it but the best might be a combination of both on a team. A medic esper is great for getting in the thick of it and healing when the fur is flying. An Esper is able to stay out of the thick of it with longer telegraphs and pick up stragglers or safe their psi points for big hits.

Also, apparently in pvp, people get mad if as an Esper you use Bolster and Soothe to mobile build psi points. Then mending banner on yourself when you're being chased.

Anyway, the best balance? Medic healers do great and can restore shields. Their weakness is range compared to spellslinger and esper. Having a full medic healer is good. Combining them with an esper armed with soothe, bolster, mending banner and reverie? Very good!