1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Stalker AMA

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Twiggster, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Twiggster

Twiggster New Cupcake

With NDA currently being lifted we thought that we could cover a little bit on the stalker this includes questions about PvE, PvP, how do they do in dungeons, what should I get for DPS gear/skills, and Tanking. Yes if you didn't know stalkers can tank and they are pretty flipping good at it. So stab away with your questions this is the thread for it. A team of beta testing stalkers will be on watch here to help you with all of your stealthy goodness.
  2. Riddles

Riddles New Cupcake

Hi there,

I'm curious about Stalker tanking, especially in dungeons/raiding.
    - How fun is tanking as a Stalker?
    - What is the your general combo/ability priorities as a tank?
    - How do they match up to the other tanks?
    - What you you think stalker tanks excel at in a dungeon?
    - What is the main weakness of stalker tanks?

Cheers for this
  3. Makull

Makull New Cupcake

I am playing a stalker tank in the beta (also warrior tank) so I can answer some of those questions for you.

- How fun is tanking as a Stalker?

Very fun! You definitely have to stay on your toes more then playing the eng/war tanks because you only have medium armor, but that is what I like about them.

- What is the your general combo/ability priorities as a tank?

I've seen plenty of tanks all using a different LAS and all doing well. If you have support gear, support amps and a support weapon you can pretty much take any combination of abilities. I guess the only mandatory skills are 2 interrupts to handle groups and the interrupt armor of boss mobs.

- How do they match up to the other tanks?

The best one of the 3, but I don't know if that is still the case now with the winter beta 4 patch. A lot was changed in regards to threat (that was a real problem with the warrior tank).

- What you you think stalker tanks excel at in a dungeon?

Fast movement

- What is the main weakness of stalker tanks?

Spikiness, although this is offset by our self-heal a bit. I don't have raid experience from the beta so I don't know how stalker tanks fair in those. Doing shiphands, adventures and dungeons (veteran or normal) is absolutely no problem.
    Riddles likes this.
  4. Vyper

Vyper New Cupcake

At Elder Game which is performing better in PvP, Stalker or Warrior?
  5. Riddles

Riddles New Cupcake

Thanks a lot for the response! Definitely food for thought
  6. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

How important is offensive pvp amp tree for stalker? Like, how far do I need to go and what are my "must haves?"

Is it viable to mix assault with utility for survivability in pvp or will I be gimped if I just don't go all out assault(glass stabby cannon)? I really like the look of CC resilience, damage doesn't break stealth, and health regen from utility line.

It's my understanding stalker can stance dance during combat. Have you tried it? And if so, how well did it work?(pve or pvp) Is there an easier way to change stances than opening the funky tab or would I have to used an add-on?
  7. Makull

Makull New Cupcake

I don't pvp but I can answer this one:

-----
    It's my understanding stalker can stance dance during combat. Have you tried it? And if so, how well did it work?(pve or pvp) Is there an easier way to change stances than opening the funky tab or would I have to used an add-on?
    -----

If you switch stances while in combat it will reset your combat points/suit power to zero, so there is a penalty for swapping stances. However if you keep your abilites that generate points ready you can get back up to full in a few seconds. I rarely swap stances in PvE, but it has saved me a few times to swap to my tank stance if I happen to aggro more then I wanted.

You can map the stances to a key for easy swapping, so you don't need to go through your interface or use an addon.