1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Stalker Stealth

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Unseen, Apr 13, 2013.

?

Will Stalker have unlimited stealth later on?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. Unseen

Unseen New Cupcake

So I have always played the stealth guy that everyone hates. In a lot of videos I've watched, stealth had a limited time that you could be in it. Now, either way I'm playing this class -- but do you think they would have a "talent" so to speak that allows stealth forever? (Until attacking, or being hurt)

Kind of curious as to what others think about the subject, and any input would be awesome!
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I think I remember reading somewhere that there would be someway that you could. Someone else will probably have a better memory than I on this.
  3. Simokon

Simokon Cupcake-About-Town

AFK cloakers...wait there is no local carry on.

I still think an unlimited stealth ability seems a bit over the top and would let people avoid to many things/content.
  4. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

They used to have a limited stealth mechanic for the stalker but they changed it back to unlimited stealth AFAIK.
    Painguin, Flawz, Evab and 2 others like this.
  5. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

I've neither seen nor heard anything to lead me to believe you'll be able to have unlimited stealth.
  6. Soylentgreen

Quote from the Wildstar Reddit PvP AMAA:

Question 33:
    Will stalkers have an infinite cloak or will they be more bursty with short cloaks?

Answer 33:
    I just wanted to chime in about comments we have made in the past about stealth… We have received a lot of player feedback on this topic, and going into beta the Stalker WILL have permanent stealth.
    It may change in beta, but for now stealth is not limited by any resource (you will still get broken out of stealth when dealing or taking damage).
    Also, we have given the Stalker the ability to activate stealth while in combat to give them “Partial Stealth” and access to their “from stealth” ability perks. This can only be used every 25 seconds but being able to use those stealth perks (such as disarm, bonus damage, etc) can be the difference maker in longer fights.
  7. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

AMBUSH VANISH AMBUSH PREPERATION THISTLETEA VANISH AMBUSH EVISCERATE SHADOWDANCE AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH EVISCERATE AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH EVISCERATE, AGGRO, FEINT'S FOR BEGINNERS, DIE
    ->2k less dps than Warlocks who faceroll with shadowbolt. OP cowheads.

Sounds like stalker will work alot like the rogue in WoW if you're wearing fist weapons. Nice.

And I don't see a problem with infinite stealth as long as it's breakable by damage and if you get near a stalker you can see his silhouette as player and enemies see you if you don't approach fast enough.
    Blankspace likes this.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just to clarify this part a bit.

Partial stealth = you can still see the enemy good enough, he's just half faded and the stalker can use the ''stealth'' abilities. So this is NOT like the ''Vanish'' from WoW!!! It's NOT!!!!

This can be changed though, but this is how it was :D And i don't think they will make it like the vanish from the WoW's rogue.
    Sonntam and Gargantua like this.
  9. Soylentgreen

Thank you for clearing that up.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Updated the post, since they can have it changed by now though.......we never know untill we are in the Beta ourselves :D But then we can't talk about it......see the horror? :p
  11. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Then it's shadowdance...I never said it is vanish :I
    Sonntam likes this.
  12. Unseen

Unseen New Cupcake

Hopefully they keep it that way, and thank you everyone for the feedback; probably one of the best forums I've seen.
  13. Eiderescole

Eiderescole New Cupcake

I was really happy to see the limited stealth in the early videos. It seemed to fit with everything else I knew about the game to that point, limited skill sets, telegraphs, action oriented combat.

In WoW I enjoyed the planning and timing of your attacks from stealth a lot, the patience for the payoff . But the most fun I've had with stealth mechanics were in GW2, it wasn't just an opener it was a large part of my fight, part of my class all of the time and not just at the start. I don't think the later is better than the former, just different.

This doesn't really add anything to the thread, just a thought I had. I'm sure I'll be checking out the stalker either way.
  14. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

ThistleTea.

This small piece of nostalgia almost brought a tear to my eye. Lol.

I'm going to go watch some MC ninja looters and giggle. Thank you.

On topic: Perma stealth balanced with the regular variables -> Damage brings you out, doing an action brings you out, canceling gives you a CD on restealth in combat/can't restealth in combat, ect ect et all sounds wonderful to me!
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

I think unlimited stealth is an extremely unfair advantage to have because you always have the opener and almost always it means a successful kill. I personally would love it if stealth had a short duration (5-10 seconds) and a reasonable cooldown (25seconds).
    Veckna likes this.
  16. lusciifi

lusciifi Cupcake-About-Town

Generally they will have less defense then something like a warrior and less CC then something like a mage, meaning that if you don't get the kill right away, you can kind of screw yourself and just get destroyed by other classes.
    Painguin likes this.
  17. Unseen

Unseen New Cupcake

Unlimited stealth can work as long as it's done correctly. I don't mind having <REDACTED> defenses and less CC if I can make a strategy before my fight, then start with an opener and continue my fight from there.
    Painguin likes this.
  18. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Remember that with lower defenses comes high burstful DPS.
  19. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Imo, it wouldn't be a stealth class if stealth had limited duration and then probably a cd on it so you can't restealth as soon as you dropped out.

In MMOs with good pvp balance (not WoW, obviously) stealth makes up for the lack of defenses and limited mobility, allowing stealthers to get close to their target while avoiding the obvious flak. A limited duration of stealth kinda defeats that purpose as if the target knows there is stealther around, he can just run around until the stalker's stealth expires and then kicks his ass to oblivion with little difficulty. It's not the same as taking measures to unstealth a stalker, as they do require skill to catch an invisible target as well as skill to avoid the aoe damage.
    Painguin likes this.
  20. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Giving a class unlimited stealth is just like giving one charge without cooldown or unlimited blinks. I am not speaking out of hate or personal grudges against all those rogues who were a pain in the ass to me, I am planning on playing Stalker myself. (Switched from spellslinger)