1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Status Reply Option

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Eluldor, May 5, 2013.

1. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I saw that the Status Update window was extended some, and for the most part, people are just responding with their own status and chatting - instead of commenting on the already stated Status Updates (yes you can do that, for those unaware of it :p) , which will then notify the user with an alert.

So my suggestion is adding a small "Reply" button to the end of each person's Recently Updated Status, so it is easier to reply directly to Status Updates, instead of just making your status update a response (that's not an actual status update folks :D) Right now you have to click a couple times to their profile, and it looks like most people aren't bothering with it. While I'm at it, maybe a little "Like" button could be implemented too?
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

The Recent Status box is actually being used as more of a shoutbox, than notification of peoples' status updates. Which I'm actually fine with, but the functionality of that particular widget doesn't allow for replies.

I'd actually prefer to keep the current widget as it pulls the info from core Xenforo functionality (so it ties in perfectly with the Spam Cleaning functionality) but I can replace it with a real Shoutbox if needed.
    Tribe, Kataryna and Eluldor like this.
  3. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Think for most is a force of habit...a lot of forums use the shoutbox feature, and we just can't stop ourselves :p I personally think using it as a chatbox keeps the site even more alive, it's nice to have interaction outside of the forum boards:)
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Eluldor

Ah gotcha. Trying out a real Shoutbox may be nice.

Sometimes people ask for feedback and the feedback is lost, since it isn't provided as a direct response.

Sometimes people get lost and don't know what is happening, because the Status Updates are all replies on one Update that is no longer present.
  5. Eluldor

Yep, it does keep it more alive and moving. Can also be confusing, if you came in late, and the replies are all based on something you missed.

This also really pushes the rate of Status Updates, hiding non-reply focused Status Updates much faster.
  6. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Haha, true, in all honesty it's practically impossible to keep up with a conversation unless your eyes are glued to the site, still it's fun:p
  7. Eluldor

Ya, I think that may have been the primarily reason for Zap-Robo extending the amount displayed :)

Edit: Little example of confusion already haha: Original Bisqquit response to Zilvoran, who then replied (removing the display of the previous one).
    • [​IMG] Xivra @Bisqquit:You mean me? Where did I say anything about wildstars publicity..? I didn't say anything about other people, just myself. (19 minutes ago)
    • [​IMG] Eluldor Wow, some people are really losing it on the FB comments (several were already deleted). Wish I could start my ignore list! :D (51 minutes ago)
    • [​IMG] Zilvoran Nah, not that, just people in the stream weren't being very openminded about it. More people for W* is awesome, people degrading it less so. (Today at 2:49 PM)
    • [​IMG] Bisqquit so... you dont want wildstar to get more publicity and views? hipster much? (Today at 2:43 PM)