1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Striving tank looking for adequate Guild (semi-hardcore)

Discussion in 'Seeking Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Malorak, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Alright, let's get this started.

Ahem.

Hi!
    (Wow, easier than I thought.)

I'm Malorak, a name you probably haven't seen before outside of this forum since I name my characters in many different ways depending on race and such - but I'm already digressing.

I've been raiding for a not very long while and only in 1 game which would be the one and only World of Warcraft. I did, however, get through karazhan in BC, then played WotLK for the entirety of the exp. and beat pretty much everything on normal (No HC though.)

And with Cataclysm my interest in raiding more and in higher difficulties grew. I started raiding normally in BWD and BOT and in Firelands, too, but with Dragonsoul I really started heroic bosses - I got the whole thing clear (which wasn't hard at all admittedly) but I did it. Only Deathwings head stood and didn't want to go into the Maelstrom.

Every now and then I paused playing, made alts and called them my new main but with the end of cataclysm I fell in love with the Warlock - who I still play to this very Day. (Link) (Link might involve me wearing something stupid)​

With Mists of pandaria I did do a small stop from playing but then got back into playing some WoW again just for the purpose of raiding. I beat Lei Shen with my current guild with the "Cutting Edge" achievement and got Jin'rokh HC down - I went into Patch 5.3 pretty late...So that's why for the most part.

Now we're currently raiding Siege of orgrimmar and after 2 ID weeks we got a good amount of bosses down and currently stand infront of Nazgrim, who'll fall in a short time anyway.

...But all of this isn't even important! I like to write long stuff's as you can see.

Also if you did read through this, I like PvE. Alot. I love killing those bosses and (sometimes) getting cool loot and feeling great about the progress you as a group accomplish.

Since I NEVER cared about the PVP in WoW since WoW is just so...Odd in its PVP in my opinion, I'd really like to get this on in W*, too.

I've never really played any oldschool MMO's aside from Ragnarok Online which isn't that old either, but that's just why I see Wildstar as my chance and as a challenge which I'll gladly take on.

I live in Germany and I'm German, but my English's fluid enough, so a Guild which speaks english and plays on a german server for whatever reason is totally fine with me.

Or we get EU-Servers like FFXIV did it, that'd be neat.

What I'd really like from my guild though:

(If you're interested in inviting me for your guild, atleast read this part.)

-Be polite
    -Be efficent (TF2. I like that game)
    -Be active

-If you play other games, please, tell me which. I'd love to play with you before W* releases and even if it's just a casual round of plr_hightower with market gardeners. Isn't a necessity, but I'd really like doing that before playing the game - as I said - to get to know the people in the guild a little better.

• Humor. Humor's something that keeps the fun alive and we're all playing to have fun, right? I've been in pretty guilds with pretty hard rules about talking while raiding etc. and...We were just doing trash. It's not like it was anything that we couldn't handle while having some small talk.

• Have discipline though. If our raid/guildlead says something, don't interrupt him. Though: Don't overdo it. Method, one of the best WoW guilds out there trash talk all the time and are just fine :)

• Criticise me! If you think I do something wrong, then say it - if you play the same class yell at me for using a non-efficent spell/a useless spell, tell me what's wrong with my gear/what I'm doing wrong. Silence never helped anyone learn. Unless you write it down. That's fine with me, obviously.

• Good amount of raiding days. I wrote "Semi Hardcore" which means I don't want to be the VERY best ever, but I'd like to be in about the top 100 on our server atleast. In WoW I can keep that currently, btw. Everything from more than 2 is fine with me (3 days +), even every-day raiding...

• Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Whatever. Some sort of Voice Chat.

What you can expect from me:

• Being a student I've got a good amount of free time on my hands. Evening raiding until 23:00 (11PM) or 0:00 o'clock (0 AM) is fine with me, on Weekends and in holidays to my hearts content.
    And I use that when I get invested into a game.

AKA: I'm very active.

• Discipline. When the raidlead tells me to shut my trap, I do so.
    • Tanking. I really would like to tank or maybe try out something else. I'd really prefer tanking as I've never really gotten to a point in WoW on which I could proudly say:"I just took hits from that like the awesome tank I am! Yus!"

• Humor. I can take it and I do it, too.

• Talkativity - I'm not really shy and open for everything, so just talk to me!

• Min/Maxing AND open to new strats - Since I've played several MOBA's and thought about why my guide tells me X is stronger than Y in WoW I've started theorycrafting a little and I kinda fell in love with it...So if you ever need help with such, just ask me. I'll gladly do the maths for you.
    (despite me actually hating maths as a school subject. Oh well.)

But I'm also open for trying out different things - Wildstar offers so many things to try out - Milestones, Limited action bars and so much more. I actually just talked about a Pure-CC-Support warrior for breaking through Interrupt Armor which MIGHT work. I love experimenting such things like different builds, playstyles etc.

• I-know-what-I'm-doing(I think) - As I said, I love min/maxing so...Usually I try my best I can, while raiding, while preparing, while theorycrafting etc. if I don't, just yell at me.

• No Experience whatsoever considering 40men raids - I've NEVER raided in a 40 men scenario, so don't expect me to. I did, however, raid alot of 25 mans in Wotlk and can atleast talk about my experiences in these.

• Open for anything. Really, I'm a talkative person and love discussing everything, ranging from totally off-topic stuff about god and the world to detaills and strategies we could tackle to down a boss or even playing some other game. (I'm not really into FPS games outside of TF2 but I do like me some LoL, SFxT and several more.)

If you have any questions, tell me! Sorry for the WoT, I think that questions should not be necessary as I've WoT'd pretty well IMO. If you DO have one, just ask.

Most importantly though: Have a nice day.
    Forni and Prof. Walrus like this.
  2. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

Wow, great post! You've put a lot of thought into this and I already like you. Now I've got an offer which fits you 9/10. Our Titan community is old, like waaay old. Not the people, the people are cool. No, the guild itself, its leaders and experience is old. Once we were the top pvp, but recently we switched our focus to a community based guild, so everyone can enjoy our company. We're currently focussing on Wildstar and Everquest Next, and to fill the gap we're playing SMITE, SWTOR and FFXIV. We are very active on forums, especially our own and our TS server is buzzing daily!

In our group you don't have to be a particular style. PvP, PvE, crafting.. whatever. As long as you fit in the community and show up for guild events, you're cool. I'm also more of a PvE/crafter type, and I get along fine with the PvPers in our guild.

Now there is only 1 little thing: The guild's mostly American. That being said, I'm your nextdoor neighbour Mr. Dutch. So yeah, timezones are a bit difficult, but I work 40h/week so I only have time during my evenings. Usually around 8PM a lot of guildies get on TS so I can still speak to some of them. That being said most guild events (raids etc.) are planned for weekends so everyone can join. In earlier days/names (the guild switched names/members from time to time) we had members from all over the globe, even a Dutch guild leader (/pride).

You're always free to come check our forum and fill out an application. We'll have a little chat on Teamspeak so we can get to know eachother and you're free to go if you're not pleased. Reading your post, I'm pretty sure you WILL like our group. The members are active, social, funny and already we've got enough trashtalking going on between old friends that I've permanently covered my speakers in soap.

Come check us at www.titan-guild.com or check on of the links in my sig.

Hope to see you soon!
    [Titan]Prof. Walrus
    Malorak likes this.
  3. Malorak

All of that sounds awesome and thanks for the heads up, I'm really dedicated to find a place to stay and not just a guild I apply to and that's that.

I'll look into it, but as I said - I'd really prefer it if my guild was from a european country just for time and lag issues

and also you didn't really tell me anything about your raiding in other games - I don't know your plans for W*. As I said, 3 days would be my "least raiding evenings per week" limit, I'm currently used to 4-5 days which I really do enjoy.

But I'll definetly have a look, sounds awesome in other departments. Have a great day :)

€: Had a look, looks awesome but I somehow can't apply...Help? :I
    ALSO also: Since it is in america I think the time difference would kinda ruin it. Sorry, man.
  4. Forni

Forni New Cupcake

Really great post!
  5. Malorak

Even though your reply does not help, it is appreciated.

Thanks alot.
  6. Sineena

Sineena New Cupcake

7. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

Sorry to hear that :( I know the timezone difference is hard, but we're also trying to get more European members to join so we can have our own delegation ;)

Our raidschedule is still a bit fuzzy, but definitely during the weekends (big raid things) and 3-4 days a week for the other raids/pvp events.
    Hmm, strange you can't apply. Did you create an account on the forum? That's required to apply -.-

Hope you find your guild :)
  8. Malorak

I DID create an account, I don't know, maybe my Chrome's kinda buggy.

Oh well, thanks anyway!
  9. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Hya m8, have a look at us, we fit pretty much what you looking for and we have a few Germans in, one of them guild Officer (and web admin Lain) .

Either way good luck!
  10. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Hey Malorak, not sure if you saw my other post, but I've manually auth'ed your account. I have to re-code our mailserver interaction code as at the moment it doesn't send off the needed confirmation!
  11. Malorak

I did see it, yup. I'm just wondering how I can change my Avatar in the forums. Do I need full activation?`Because in the control panel there's an option to change it but no "Confirm" button of sorts, there is one for signatures though ._.
  12. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Should just click choose file, and then ok through that dialog.

We recently did a server migration and there's some hardcoded server interactions aren't working, just need to sit down and get the changes made!
  13. Malorak

Did a little Edit to accomodate my needs.

I really want a guild that plays on a german server (Or a EU server if that's a thing). Otherwise: Everything's the same!