1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Strongest Class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Mondasin, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Hello Friends, and other people who happen to be here. Which class(es) do you think are going to the strongest in Solo, Group and PvP scenario's and why?

I know there is an Overpowered class thread but its 17 pages long and in/on the brink of a flame war, and all the classes are officially announced now.

Solo: Engineer - With heavy armor, bots that can tank and heal, and ranged damage, the Engineer looks to have a well rounded set of abilities that should allow them to solo pretty much anything, I am seeing them kinda like Ret paladins in WoW where they have a small amount of sustain but good enough damage for most jobs.

Group: Medic - With the fields, probes and stations they look to have solid AoE potential and the constant ticks from HoT/DoT when positioning makes them good for engagements with multiple targets.

PvP: Warrior - I'm going with the underdog that can be kited a bit, but from the PvP footage that we've seen they do not lack damage and can take a decent punishment.

Feel free to toss in your two cents, or call me a dork, its your choice after all.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

There is a reason for that ;) I fear for this one aswell.

Anyway Chua's are the best anyway!!! No matter what class :D
    bunglerm00se, Ianpact and Kataryna like this.
  3. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

Engineer. I have no facts or evidence to back this up, but neither does anyone else!! haha!

Just going off cool factor ^^
    bunglerm00se likes this.
  4. Crunkious

Crunkious New Cupcake

Solo- I agree that the Engineer will be great as a soloist for the same reasons you cited. Any DPS with self healing capability generally does well in solo content.

Group- The Medic should be good as part of a group, with helpful probes and fields. But for taking on groups I think the Esper will be dominant in that regard. The Esper looks like it has the most AoE DPS while the Medic has more AoE heals.

PvP- Because of the amount of movement, and breakout gameplay, I think the Warrior is going to have a hard time staying on target in PvP. IMO the Spellslinger and the Stalker will do the best in PvP. The Spellslinger has the narrowest telegraphs which should make them the most powerful for a skilled player that can get them on target, blasting Warriors and Medics before they have time to close. The Stalker looks like it will be able to close in and do a huge initial burst of damage and hopefully get they opponent down before they have a chance to create distance and kite them.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

So this means every class does well in solo content then I guess.....
  6. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

that's carbine for you ^^
  7. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

Frost mages, or maybe shamans.

In all seriousness, it's too soon to tell...

...You dork.
  8. Wildebeest

Wildebeest Cupcake

I think Spellslingers, if played well, will dominate solo and PvP content with an impressive arsenal of damaging, mobility, and kiting abilities. Healing, spellslingers seem to be the either or class who can do it all sorta well, but can't really group heal or tank heal as good as the other 2 classes. Esper imo will be the dominant tank healer as they have strong dmg reduction buffs and a range to stay out of harms way, while the medic with their relatively short but wide range and fields would make an excellent group healer. These rolls would be reversed however, if there was a boss fight which requires you to spread out (a place where spellslinger mobility healing would be useful) Warriors will most likely be main tanks, stalkers offtanks, and engineers an offtank whom is used to rapidly pick up scattered mob spawns. The stalker or engineer could however be useful in an avoidance / kiting encounter as main tank. DPS wise they seem pretty even across the board with regards to strength / weakness considerations, thus is the beauty of the 6 classes as opposed to 10 or so.
    All in all, we don't really have all the info, but these are my humble opinions based off my observations.
  9. Saybel

Saybel Cupcake

I want to say my favorite class the esper but.... nothing about them seems op besides they seem the easiest to use with having what seems to be such a smaller skill curb and the amazing damage they can do I think most espers will out perform most characters with exceptions to the best of the best.... i mean the neckbeards with the thickest neckbeards of all.....

BUT if you don't put skill curbs into the mix I think the engineer is going to be the most overpowered. The way I see it is this. Hes ranged, He wears heavy armor which means his damage will most likely be that of a warrior but he can do it all heal cc and be tanky as hell with his innate. So unlike the warrior he is hard to kill and doesn't have to worry about being on top of you. This is unless of course his damage is the lowest of all which is possible for balancing but we won't know until we get confirmation or it goes live or maybe the live stream. I asked this question in the AMA today and it hasn't been answered yet.
  10. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

The only issue I see with stalker is its dps is positional based. Add that on top of all the AoE bombs and telegraph dances it will be very challenging to play. Though once mastered I bet it will be very rewarding. Stalkers also get 2 closers and at least one shield bypass dmg ability which I imagine would be huge in pvp.
  11. Kay

Kay Cupcake

If there's a 'strongest class' then something needs to be buffed/nerfed.

As I stated in the other thread, every class needs advantages/disadvantages to be held over others. Rather they be brute strength, survivability, or mobility, there should never be a situation in which if any two classes fighting each other with the same level and same quality gear, one has a clear advantage as a class. The advantage should only be in skill.

Chances are, the highest DPS will come from the two mage classes, but they'll be squishy wizards, so you'll want to ask yourself if you want to do more damage, or balance it with survivability.
  12. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

warlock, its always the warlock
    bunglerm00se likes this.
  13. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I thought it would be the stalker going by the two threads going about stealth
  14. Wendo

Wendo Cupcake

Whichever class i choose to play will be the best, simple as that.

-Wendo
  15. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

the best class will be... gym.
  16. HaLCyiX

HaLCyiX New Cupcake

The best class will always be the one that you're not playing, because when you lose, you'd probably be the one crying about how it was unfair that they have X and Y that you don't have.
    Mellkor likes this.
  17. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

its not perma stealth which should make them less of a dick, but they can still be very strong.
  18. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

Not sure what you mean but Stalkers can stay in stealth until they do or take damage.
  19. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

it was a joke. Just making fun of the apparent crying stealth causes people even when its not overpowered.
  20. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Dont try and throw that logic out there lol, its the same as trying to get people to realise that when they lose their competitor might actually better then them. :p