1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Strongest Class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Mondasin, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Kay

Kay Cupcake

Stealth CAN be overpowered, when you consider that on top of the invisibility, most games give you stealth attack bonuses. Not saying that's the case for WildStar; they seem to be doing it right, far as I can tell, but it's not like no game has ever given stealth users an unfair advantage.
  2. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

Medic and Spellslinger vs melee. I'm not sure for ranged but I don't think Warriors and Stalkers will have much luck when they land 2 hits and the opponent lands 10. But it's just an opinion based on what I saw.
  3. Kay

Kay Cupcake

I don't know what the damage ratio is, but from what I understand, spellslingers' shots will probably only deal 1/1oth of every warrior sword strike - they usually make up with speed and power. The nukes will probably be hurtful, but they seem to require the Spellslinger sit still and charge, so while they might hurt you, you get an opening, and might even interrupt the attack. Your biggest threat with the spellslinger is their meneuverability and ability to use gate and void slip.

Medic? Not sure about that one. I assume their normal abilities are a little weaker than a soldier's attacks, to encourage the reliance on fields and probes as well.
  4. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

Actually I'm more sure of the medic than on the Spellslinger. The medic fields are, probably the most effective against melee.
  5. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Warrior is best. Warrior best at everything. Warrior is best at fighting. Warrior is best at eating. Warrior is best at drinking. Warrior is best at ..............................uh, fighting. Yes, warrior is best. Others are not warrior, so they not best. :D:cautious:

Warrior likes bunny in helmet. Warrior play with bunny. Warrior shake helmet so bunny can hop in helmet.

Why helmet turn red? Warrior cannot see bunny in helmet now. Maybe bunny sleeping. :sleep: Warrior play more with bunny lator. :)
    Zadok, Shrez, Mondasin and 2 others like this.
  6. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

The strongest class will be the first nerfed. It will then be the weakest class until the next Expansion. Calling it.
  7. Kay

Kay Cupcake

The strongest class is the one that wipes the floor with you most.
  8. Cynosure

Cynosure Cupcake

The strongest class will be the one you re-roll as constantly to keep up with the flavour-of-the-month bandwagon.
  9. Wildebeest

Wildebeest Cupcake

In the Engineer livestream they were already hinting that the engi needed rebalancing when they said "Class balance is perfect right now, and needs no tweaking at all...right?"
  10. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

Any class as long as it is chua!
  11. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

Watching an engineer stream right now. Not sure on strongest, but it certainly seems... overly easy. Between the bots, heavy armor and ranged attacks, the guy is taking essentially zero damage (and walked into fights at half health after jumping off a cliff just because he could). The area boss fight took his shield down to about 1/3, and that was all.

While thematically I like the class, as a first (or primary) character in Wildstar, it seems like it would instill horribly bad habits in players. The tendency to coast on the bots, shrug off incidental damage and keep up fire on the move would make other classes feel 'weaker' or 'harder,' when in fact the player just never learned how to play without crutches.
  12. Wildebeest

Wildebeest Cupcake

Im playing my engi as my main, rolling no bots all rifle as a tank, substituting a spell for the tank bots on use only to allow a bosses heavy attack or big dmg phase nuke my bot in 1-2 shots instead of me. But outside raid bosses not bots for me.
  13. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
    Engineer but TuxedoMask doesn't play Engineer.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Engineer.

They're the huntards of WildStar. They have ranged, pets, and heavy armor. Dat b OP shiz dawg.
  15. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

Just FYI, this is from a purely PvP perspective.

I haven't played the game myself, but I do have to admit that the Engineer seems most suited to be overpowered. When you're a ranged class, you're already getting hit a lot less. Add to that the fact that they can wear the strongest armor in the game (so now the few number of attacks hitting you do even LESS damage), and I really have to wonder what could stop them from total PvP dominance.
  16. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

I actually want to see Stalkers have a sap ability that is extra effective on engineers bots.
    Taher and Shrez like this.
  17. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

Honestly, if you can get into a 'sap' position on a bot, you should just be able to burn it down really quick. Their health bars are pretty small.
  18. Shrez

Shrez New Cupcake

Stalkers and Engineers are most OP Classes
  19. ExForce

ExForce New Cupcake

Whichever the best players are playing.
    Bro.Fork likes this.
  20. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

Stalkers are UP. Engineers are OP.
    Snares are UP, Roots are OP.