1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Strongest Class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Mondasin, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Bro.Fork

Bro.Fork New Cupcake

The first class that a group of people learn to use in the best way possible against every class.
  2. Mountebank

Mountebank New Cupcake

Solo: Engineers based on versatility alone, assuming the bots are decent at what they do. If the robots are pretty weak at their roles, then the DPS/Heal classes will be superior. Fortunately there are no Heal/Tank classes to skew things.

Group: Depends on the content, really, and the power of buffs/debuffs vs. snares/roots. Tanks will obviously be the most desired, but who brings the most to the table will rely upon what you're fighting.

PVP: I gotta go with the others on this: Stalkers and Spellslingers. Stealth and snares/roots are going to win the majority of PVP contests outside of arena combat, IMO.
  3. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

I guess I don't really buy your reasoning here. A stealther is generally great up until the point that he can't stealth, and then he totally blows. And snares / roots aren't going to be much use against ranged classes.

Engineer seems to be the clear front-runner in PvP as a ranged heavy armor class. He can shoot you from a distance, and if you ever catch up to him, he's got the heaviest armor in the game for you to deal with.
  4. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Warrior.... I mean that blade has got to be heavy so outside of granok that must need time at the gym... Or wait we do not mean physically strongest.

Slingers will be exceptional solo. Generally kite classes can do well. And the void skills will make good get out of jail cards. PvP I agree in the open world any class with high mobility will have an advantage unless locked down. Though a slinger could still void jump and run off.
  5. Mountebank

Mountebank New Cupcake

Stealth lets a player choose their fights as well as escape them. Additionally, depending on LAS and AMPs the Stalker will likely be able to both dish and weather a beating in those situations when they are unable to stealth.

Ranged + snares/roots means you can better avoid telegraphs and your opponents can't. If there were no way to avoid ranged attacks, that'd be one thing, but the Spellslinger is adequately equipped to dodge her foe's telegraphs while making sure that hers cannot be.

If the Engineer can't hit anybody and their bots are marginalized, then all their vaunted armor does is delay the inevitable.
  6. Ares

Ares New Cupcake

My breakdown of the classes from what I've seen:

Spellslinger: Great burst, poor aoe, good mobility. Gonna be good for PvP and smaller scale PvE, but will lack some versatility and survivability for raids.

Esper: Good sustained dps, good aoe, great CC. Gonna be good for most PvE, but might suffer in PvP.

Medic: Probably the best all-rounder class, as they seems to have a good bit of everything but lack any real edge.

Stalker: Great burst, poor aoe, good lockdown and decent survivability. I think they are somewhat similar to spellslinger, but a much more prefferable dps option in raids.

Warrior: Seems to lack burst, but has amazing mobility and CC. Probably gonna do well in PvP and depending on dps PvE (hard to tell from early game). Doesn't seem that amazing as tanks.

Engineer: Great survivability, good aoe, horrible mobility. I doubt we'll see engineers doing great in PvP (other than doing objectives), but seems like the obvious best tank. Their dps also seems on the lower side, but makes up for it with aoe potential.

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if Medic comes out as the dark horse winner. They have some pretty great stuff that will catch people off-guard.
  7. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

Watcher twitcher stream yseterday.
    Medics seems rediculously strong, soloing 2-3 players without going bellow 50%.

Stalkers ended up at bottom in stats every round :/
  8. Rubber Duckie

Rubber Duckie New Cupcake

Seen the Same thing but I'm not too worried about it, people forget that its still beta and they have already said classes are still being balanced
  9. Tidezen

Tidezen Cupcake

Adding to that, streams of pvp are level 6-14. That's like watching 10-19 BGs in WoW...there's no way it would be balanced, people only have like 10-20% of their abilities.

But, it is fun to speculate anyway. Looking at the abilities on paper at level 50, I don't know what the dominant PvP class would be. I would bet that Medics and Engineers will be the anti-Stalkers though, Engineers because of the armor, range, and bots, and Medics, because they have access to good heals, large instant AoE's (for stealth breaking), medium armor, and the ability to kite just outside of melee range with no movement penalty on ALL their moves.

My interest is more PvE though, so...

Solo powerhouses for PvE (like killing big elite mobs that aren't meant to be soloed):

#3) Spellslinger will be the ultimate kiter, like a frost mage but with access to heals, and a get out of jail free card with Void Slip should things go south. Medic might go here too, but due to their shorter range it might be riskier, and they don't have a combat breaker. Medic might surprise me though, I haven't seen enough of it yet.

#2) Engineer, being a natural tank, with some healing and distraction from their bots, should be able to keep at range and whittle down most things before his time is up.

#1) Tank-specced Stalker. Has the best mobility of any tank, plus the highest self-heals--as an experienced soloer, I can't stress how important that is for a solo tank. It's what made DKs such incredible soloers in WoW, even though they had less mitigation than other tanks--with self-healing and proper use of CDs, they could essentially extend the fight forever. And if you can do that...you win. And Stalker is the only tank to be able to reset combat, and has full stealth to boot...I have no doubt that the first time we see a class soloing a dungeon or raid boss (non-exploit), it will be a Stalker.

Which is why I will be playing it come launch (or sooner if the Beta Gods smile upon me :))
  10. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

For solo play, I think the medic will be unnaturally popular. The ability to do damage and heal yourself at the same time will really help their ability to survive. Though in group, I kind of wonder. Still with only medium armor, and relatively short range, they might be less popular in some group content as bosses would do very heavy damage at close range. Range that a medic would have to get into to actually heal.

Though I guess a medic could devote more into their defense and act as a DPS in such range. Then use abilities that both damage and heal to act not only as DPS, but also able to take care of themselves with the team's healer on the wayside to help out against the strong hits.