1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Suggestion: CISPA protest Blackout on the 22nd

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by shadowclasper, Apr 20, 2013.

?

Should W* Central black out for the 22nd?

1. Yes, full black out, can't access the website for 24hours starting at 12:01am on April 22nd, 2013

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not a full black out, but a big poster image like wiki did during the sopa and pipa blackouts.

66.7%
  3. No blackout at all, this isn't a political website, we shouldn't force our politics onto anyone.

33.3%
  4. I don't feel strongly about it one way or another.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

Have you guys thought of blacking out the website for the 22nd of April to protest CISPA?

It doesn't even have to be a full black out, perhaps just something like a big front black image people see before scrolling down and logging in or clicking past it and then not needing to see it again, just so long as the stance on net neutrality (which forums like this largely depend on) is made clear?

It's just a suggestion, pay it no mind if you guys think it'd hurt the site more than raise awareness about CISPA.

Putting up a poll so people can vote on if they think it's a good idea or not, if you think that's in appropriate please just take the poll down ^^; sorry if I'm being a bother.

I personally favor the partial blackout to a full one. It raises awareness and gets the message across without hurting anybody. But it should be done, since forums like this one largely depend upon net neutrality in order to survive, anything attacking net neutrality needs to be protested.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Mayby an idea to put a link or tell us more about CISPA?

I mean, I know what it is, but not everyone may have heard about it, or lives there where it means anything!

Don't forget this site isn't only for American people.
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Short answer? No.
    Long answer? WSC is an international site and politically agnostic. It it's not WildStar, the site won't be covering it. The community can of course post to a Chit Chat thread if they want to discuss it.
    Kasabian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.