1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Supporting Your WSC - Donations and Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Member Resources' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Cupcakes,

After a successful trial month, we are opening up subscriptions and donations to the general populace of WSC! This site has been run, out of pocket, since 2009 and now the costs are only getting higher so we need your help. Not only to ensure we stay around, but to also to expand and improve!

What Do We Spend On?
    The primary concern of the WSC budget is to ensure the site is up and running - this means paying our monthly hosting bill for our private server. After that, we will budget for software licensing (Xenforo Upgrades and Xenforo Addons) and custom/design improvements.

Finally, after all that... we might upgrade hardware for the WildStar Central Twitch TV stream. Maybe.

Donations
    We use PayPal directly for any donations - these are all filtered back into the costs the site incurs (listed above). The more we get donated, the better we can make the entire site!

Any shortfall in costs will continue to be covered out of pocket by the site admin for hosting, but will delay site improvements.

So, want to help? Click the button!

[​IMG]

Subscriptions
    The other way to help with the site is to become a Premium Subscriber - this grants your WildStar Central account special subscriber benefits. You can subscribe for just a single month (for 5 USD), or make it a monthly subscription. While your subscription is active you'll have the following additional forum privileges...

• Editable User Title
    • Immunity to forum flood checking
    • Improved signature permissions (additional links, images, formatting)
    You can find the options under your user profile in the "Account Upgrades" section. Or directly from this link.
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. Zap-Robo

Current Improvement Roster
    • Xenforo v1.2 Upgrade - Requires additional site design work Upgraded to XF1.3
    • Media Library Upgrade (XF Addon, XenMedio) - Restores functionality to screenshots Upgrade complete, but further troubleshooting needed
    • Front Page Upgrade (XF Addon, XenPorta) - Restores functionality for Twitter feed, and additional integration features (e.g. Featured Streams) Upgrade complete
    • Resources (New Section) - Allows addons and articles to be written by users. Requires additional XF licensing fee Feature added
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  3. Zap-Robo

All,

Due to the fact that WSC has essentially gone so quiet I no longer feel that the Subscription option offers any value for money for subscribers. As such I have shut off all site payments made in that manner.

If WSC returns to it's former levels of popularity/use then I will of course consider turning the option back on.

My best,