1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tanking in Wildstar!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Jenk1ns, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Jenk1ns

Jenk1ns New Cupcake

So ever since I started playing WoW. I always enjoyed tanking. I'm really looking forward to rolling a warrior and tanking in Wildstar! Anyone else excited? Rolling a Stalker tank? Share that too!
  2. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I definitely will roll a tank/dps class if it fits with the race I might choose. xD I was a warrior tank in WoW and in GW2 I discovered that with my high toughness mobs are often running after me (bwahaha loophole in the system), so I could kite them around effectively.

It's funny because for years on end I was a healer in WoW. Then I got sick of it and tried tank and it was like a whole new world opened before my eyes. It just felt... good. :D
    Sonntam, ruff_ethereal and Jenk1ns like this.
  3. Jenk1ns

Jenk1ns New Cupcake

You're right, it does feel good. Nothing feels better than be the only one that can look the boss in the eyes and not get one-shotted.
  4. Narrack

Narrack Cupcake

I loved tanking in WoW raid pugs, The buzz you get from being the one actually fighting the boss while everyone else hides behind it is amazing. I really Really want to know what the last tanking style is though before i commit to a class because id love for it to be something different than what i was used to.

That being said i may roll dps for a while to get used to action combat before i put myself in a place of responsibility, There nothing worse than feeling your not 100% sure what your doing and 24 other people are relying on you to perform flawlessly. I learned to raid tank in pugs..... i actually had the shakes after my first raid (which i did successfully thankfully) because of the stress of performing in front of that many people without a chance to practice (watching videos on how to do the fight and making sure you have the right gear/pots only helps so much).
    Zubbulon, Sonntam and Jenk1ns like this.
  5. Jenk1ns

Jenk1ns New Cupcake

Now that I think about it, I'm going to wait until the last tanking class in revealed and sort through my options. I don't think I'm going to be a stalker though but the decision between Warrior and the new class will be a hard one.
  6. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I'll probably be rolling a stalker dps, but dabbling in tanking if needed. I've always liked playing the classes that *can* tank, but it's not what they're traditionally built to do. Rift being the other example for myself.
    CaptainYoul likes this.
  7. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I am really interested in the tanking lol though I always like to play a healer first, tanking is my secondary roll, I'm not really sure what kind of tank I'd like to play I'd also like to see what the last class is going to be, but I imagine I'd probably do a warrior tank just because they seem to be the most straight damage negation as far as I would know since it's a warrior. = P
  8. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

I love tanking but I've never been a fan of the warrior archetype nor the rogue, so I'm waiting on those last 2 reveals. :3
  9. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

Draken Stalker tank, no contest really.
    (unless the unreleased classes are truly awesome)
  10. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

I did something similar to this (gw2 guardian because well sounds like templar etc) my problem with tanking by the end of it was the lack of skill needed to tank ... instead it was just gear hp and uncrittable ... damn so much skill .... plus the fights are pretty when ur standing back instead of sniffing this dragon's butt/breath ...
  11. Genoshock

39 other people !!! PRESSURE!!!
  12. Genoshock

i dont think there will be another tank class... there was some screen shot that showed sort of ranger (rifle) class... i would think that class would be dps/cc(trapper maybe)?
    Jenk1ns likes this.
  13. Jenk1ns

Jenk1ns New Cupcake

Oh ok, I remembered reading somewhere that I might be. If not I'll just still to being a warrior, can't go wrong there.
  14. Genoshock

Personally when i tanked in wow i preferred death knight tanking where u dodged and parried more .... i had much better survivability as well if u dont get hit u dont die
    CaptainYoul likes this.
  15. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I don't like just stocking on hp and armor and just standing there like a wall. I want to have a challenge so that the way I move, the way I fight affects how well I tank.
  16. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    Definitely stalker dps/tank. Hatted not being able to tank with my rouge in WoW. Loved it in Rift
  17. Jenk1ns

Jenk1ns New Cupcake

Well, no matter what class you pick you are going to have a challenge. Because this game has active combat traditional "tanking" is gone. We'll have to see how the game plays but I doubt you'll be able to just "stand there like a wall" in this game.
  18. Genoshock

doesnt the warrior have a block mechanic .... so u can just stand there and block the attacks instead of having to dodge?
  19. Jenk1ns

Jenk1ns New Cupcake

I'm not positive but I'm sure you won't be able to constantly block to the point where you don't have to worry about all the telegraphs happening around you.
  20. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

I'm guessing if warriors did, they'd not be able to spam it.