1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tapatalk- WSC and Taloatalk's default ads.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kash, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Kash

Kash Cupcake

A question for the site administrators. Recently, Tapatalk had an update that by default inserts ads into the forums. This happens whether the user has the free version or the paid version of the application. There is no way for the end user to turn these off in settings.

My understanding is the forum owner can disable this setting that Tapatalk has turned on by default. Please help those of us who use this application to view our favorite WildStar forum. Thank you,

Kash
  2. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Just to wrap my head around this, and please correct me if I'm wrong!

You use a 3rd party browsing app that's injecting ads into your local version of WSC? I'm unsure as to how Zap could disable this feature through XenForo.

I've also just done some reading, it looks like Tapatalk are trying to blame the forums owners for requesting it (on their specific site), yet these forums in question say they never have. Considering WSC's lack of ads the entire time I've been here and the lack of ads via web, I feel very confident in saying we had nothing to do with this!

You are right however, apparently forums owners can log into Tapatalk and disable this feature against our site. I'll make sure Zap knows :).
  3. Kash

Kash Cupcake

Thanks Ico. Appreciate it!